The First Guy

First Love

(Edited 120214)

 

She felt a hand wrapped around her waist as she was about to fall. She immediately took a step back and straightened herself.

She looked up only to be greeted by an extremely tall and intimidating guy. Sure he was indeed cool and handsome but somehow he looked somehow familiar.

She didn’t realize how long she had stared at him, trying to remember where she met him before, that he cleared his throat and waved his hand in front of her blank face. She snapped out from her thoughts and looked at him straight in the eyes before she gave him a 90 degrees bow. “Mianhae,” she apologized.

"It's okay," He said curling his lips into a smile, one of his charms.

Although he looked somehow familiar, she just shook off the thought and told herself that it was just probably her hallucination. She was lost in thought that she again didn’t realize that she had been staring at him again.

"Is there something wrong?" He asked frowning, and she got back to her senses.

She shook her head, "Uh.. Nothing." she gave him a smile, 'I swear I’ve met him before.' she thought again.

“Ay man!” Someone shouted from a distance obviously referring to the guy.

They, two guys to be exact, came approaching him and slung his arm around him as they began talking about some random stuff. They slowly made their way to the school entrance leaving Hyunjee behind.

The first guy glanced back at her and gave her an apologetic smile while she returned with a reassuring smile.

She then started to walk towards the school entrance after she studied her surroundings. There weren’t many students out there, so she must be early. The building was pretty much modern designed and was almost covered with glass. ‘Way to save the earth’ she thought.

***

As she stepped inside the school and she didn’t see any sign of the guy she bumped into earlier, 'Wow he’s fast, I didn't even get to know his name' she thought.

As she walked down the hall, she saw a girl leaning against the wall playing her phone all alone. She must be new too, she thought. She then decided to greet her, but she knew it was going to be awkward since she rarely made friends. But if she wanted to survive in her new school, she has to bear with it. She slowly made her way to the girl as the girl looked up at her.

“Annyeong, you must be new here,” Hyunjee started. ‘Well duh she’s new. Way to start a conversation Hyunjee

At first, she looked at her with a questioning look while Hyunjee just bit her lower lip out of nervousness. But then she smiled, “Yes, you must be new too, right?” She asked.

Hyunjee nodded her head and the girl’s face lit up like a decorated Christmas tree.

"Yay! Anyway, I’m Nam Woori,” She said and reached out her hand.

"I’m Hyunjee, Lee Hyunjee. Nice to meet you,” Hyunjee shook her hand.

They continued chatting as students began to fill the hallway. Soon after, the bell rang and there was an announcement following it telling them to gather up in the field. The voice instructed them to go down the hallway and the field could be seen after turning left.

"Ah here it is," Woori pointed to the field on her left, "Wow... The field is actually bigger than I thought," She continued in awe.

Hyunjee nodded her head while scanning the field. Her eyes wandered from the soccer field, to the sea of people and finally landed on the stage. There were teachers, head master and some students that looked older. She concluded that they’re the seniors. But then her eyes landed on a tall blonde guy from earlier. Her eyes widened, 'Wait... So he’s a senior?' She froze. No wonder why he looked older than her. 

"Hey, what's wrong?" Woori asked noticing her stiff shoulder.

"N-nothing,” She stuttered and mentally cursed herself for letting her guard down.

They both walked towards the crowd that were lining up. Hyunjee ended up being in the front line while Woori was behind her. They could hear some squeals from the girls when one of the seniors, a hot one at that, waving to their direction.

It started to get noisy there until the guy from earlier silenced them. He started with greetings and then a short opening speech from the head master and then back to him again. He introduced all the seniors who happen to be the student council. He started from he himself, “I’m Kris and I’m here as the chairman,” he said with a little accent. And then he continued introducing the vice, secretary and so on. In total, they consist of 15 students but there were only 14 on the stage, one of them was absent.

And then he explained that there will be an orientation day before starting their normal schedule as a high schooler. Means, they have to learn about the school’s history, to get to know each other and tour the school. However, there’ll be rules and he explained all about them. The one who will look after the new students will be the student council, not the teachers. And lastly he told them that the orientation will last for 3 days starting from today onwards.

He dismissed them after telling them to check the class arrangements on the bulletin board near the staircase.

***

Although Hyunjee and Woori were being pushed here and there, they kept on praying that they’ll be in the same class.

There were about 120 new students and they will be divided into 5 classes. So each class consist of 24 students. 

Hyunjee was still scanning through the list of names with a slight hint of worry on her face while Woori was jumping around happily like a retard. "Why are you jumping around?" Hyunjee asked.

"We're on the same class!" Woori exclaimed.

Hyunjee’s face lit up in an instant, "Really?! Where?!"

“Whoaa, calm down girl,” She said chuckling at the sudden change of her mood. She quickly pointed to her name. "Here," She beamed and Hyunjee squeal in excitement.

As soon as they both got into the class, they spotted two vacant seats next to each other and quickly sat there. Not long after the bell rang, two seniors, which was Kai and Hyerim, came and greeted the class.

Soon as they both straightened up, Kai said that he and Hyerim will be the one who look after them in these three days.

"And we're sorry but you guys can't pick your seats randomly yet," she said and the class began to protest.

"Instead of picking by your own, we're going to arrange it," she continued.

"We're sorry, but rules are rules! If you guys won't follow the rules, you'll get the punishment!" She said firmly and the class immediately silenced.

"That's more like it," Hyerim muttered while grinning.

"Okay! So you guys have to pack your things up and get in front of here," Kai pointed to the front side of the class, "And then, I'm going to call your names one by one, randomly, and you have to fill the seats starting from there." He turned to point at the corner back of the class. The students walked to the front and waited for their names to be called.

"Nam Woori!" Kai shouted as the girl quickly sat on her new seat.

'I hope I’m next!' Hyunjee hoped.

"Lee Sungjong!" He continued as the person sat next to Woori and greeted her with a warm smile.

'Oh no.....'

"Kim Myungsoo!"

"Lee Hyunjee!" 

'Ah it's finally me!' She thought while walking to her new seat.

She adjusted her chair so it would fit her petite body which made a little creaking sound and got her chairmate’s attention. He looked at her and smiled. His eyes were now shaped like crescents.

"Hi there, I'm Myu-" he stopped when their eyes met, "Hyunjee?” He frowned and widened his eyes, “Lee Hyunjee, right?" He asked as if he had known her before. His lips slightly parted

The girl widened her eyes in surprise, "U-uh? Yes.. Sorry, but do I know you?" She asked.

'Who is this guy?'

 

***

A/N:

Hi I'm back~ :D 

Thank you for my subscribers! ^^ and also for the commenter^^

Subscribe and comment please :D Tell me whether you like it or if you find it weird, I’ll try to improve! It makes me happy you know :3 and i really want to make friends hehee:)