Extracurricular

First Love

“So, how about you?” Hyunjee asked.

Woori hummed, “Dance!” She shouted. She loves music and also loves to dance to it. She could imitate even the hardest dance moves just by watching it once or twice. She also had been taking dance lessons. Woori is a well postured girl that dudes might be drooling over, but she doesn’t like to show it off. It’s an asset.

As the bell rang to signal the end of school, Mr. Yoon yelled to them all about the importance of making the right decision when it came to choosing their extracurricular activities. After all, tomorrow was their last day to make the decision.

“Yeah of course,” Hyunjee rolled her eyes and giggled silently.

“Yah!” She gave her a light smack on the arm and laughed along with her.

Hyunjee stopped laughing and looked at Sungjong, “How about you?” She asked.

“Hmm, basketball with Myungsoo maybe,” He rubbed the back of his head and flashed her his eye-smile.

***

School on Thursday went by a flash. Today’s subject was Math, Physics and English. All the teachers are nice except for this one, Math teacher. She looked like she was in her mid 30, almost 40 maybe, but what made Hyunjee scared was the way she put her glasses on, it’s like it was about to slid down her nose. And the way she stare at everyone. Other than her, they all seem fine.

And on recess, Kris was again trying to get Hyunjee’s attention coolly. Hyunjee was quiet popular on boys. She has some fanboys trying to catch up with her too. But no one seemed to succeed. Woori, Myungsoo and Sungjong always had their eyes on Hyunjee to make sure she was okay because she looked slightly annoyed to have boys’ attention on her. It’s not that she was mean, but she just doesn’t like to be the center attention; she wasn’t an attention seeker.

So, no boys could go near her that easily.

She went straight to her locker with Woori because their lockers weren’t so far away. After stuffing her books back to her locker, they waited for the Art and Dance class to start.

On the other hand, Myungsoo and Sungjong were already gone to their class.

After some time of chatting around, their classes have finally started. Hyunjee got inside the art class on the second floor while Woori got inside her dance class that was on the third floor.

She was surprised as soon as she entered the art class. Blank canvases were arranged neatly in place. The wall was decorated by some paintings that she assumed were made by the students here. She sat on the middle without a chair mate. While she was scanning the class, someone tapped her by the shoulder as she jumped a little and turned around.

“Ah, sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you,” A girl who seemed to be new too just like her, apologized.

“Ah yes it’s okay,” She replied with a reassuring smile.

“Mind if I sit here?” She asked nicely pointing to a seat beside her and she nodded as a respond. They then introduced themselves and chatted over some random things.

Not long after, the teacher came in and greeted the class. “Hello class! I’m Joo Hanseol, your art teacher and you could call me Mr. Joo or Mr. Han or Mr. Seol or whatever you want as long as it goes with Mr,” he said and then laughed along with the class.

“Now, I want to show you a masterpiece that one of my students made,” He said as he took out a medium sized canvas with a piece of cloth covering it. And then he revealed it dramatically.

It was a painting of a dragon. “Woah...” Hyunjee was in awe. The painting looks so real, if only it was drawn on a bigger canvas.

“Who made that, Mr?” A girl asked.

“Who made this? Hmm I’m sure you know him. He is a senior but he’s no longer attending art class. Kris Wu.” He said.

Hyunjee’s eyes widened and was a bit taken aback, ‘Kris? He can draw? What a surprise’ she thought.

***

“I’m here as your basketball coach, you can call me Mr. Choi. Today you guys are going to train, and after 2 weeks of training I’ll divide you guys into 4 groups. Don’t forget to warm up first.” The coach said.

“I hope we’ll be teammates,” Sungjong said to Myungsoo with a smile as they started to warm up.

“Sometimes you really are scary,” Myungsoo looked at his friend disgusted face jokingly.

“Yah! I didn’t mean it that way,” He rolled his eyes as Myungsoo laughed.

And then there came a bunch of boys. The coach called them over and they seemed to be discussing something. Some of them looked older and familiar to Sungjong and Myungsoo. After the Short discussion I the coach clapped his hands, ”If you are wondering about who are they, they are the winner of our school competition last year. And so far, they are the best team I’ve ever train.” He saod as he began to introduce them.

Myungsoo and Sungjong recognize two of them, Kris and Tao. Of course they do, Kris and Tao were their mentor yesterday. Kris is the team captain.

They seem like professionals basketball player. I’m not going to underestimate them.’ Myungsoo thought although he was the best basketball player in his old school.

***

“Now, one of you, please show me some of your moves,” The dance coach said to all the new students after introducing himself.

No one included Woori volunteered to show their moves, probably because they were shy and nervous. “Alright if none of you wants to volunteer, shall we call the kings instead?” The coach said as the new students stared at him confusedly. ‘Kings?’ Woori wondered.

“Lay! Kai! Come here,” He said as Woori chocked on her spit, ‘Kai? Isn’t he my class’ mentor?

Then, two guys got up and made their way to the front. Woori could hear some squeal from the girls and some whisper while all she could do was roll her eyes at the girls. Then the coach whispered something to the two of them as they just nodded.

“Okay, so let me introduce them to you guys. This is Kai and this is Lay. They’re the best student in my class. And now they’ll show you some moves and if any of you can imitate their moves perfectly, you’re going to represent this school to the biggest dance competition in South Korea with them.” He said as Kai, Lay and all the new students dropped their jaw.

No one could imitate this dance moves by just seeing it once’ Lay thought. “Are you sure, Mr. Choi? I even learned this for 3 days at least.” Kai whispered to the coach as they coach gave him a reassuring nod.

“Now start!” he clapped and the music.

The boys started dancing. The moves were completely complicated, even Woori admitted it. All the students left their mouth hanging open. But it wasn’t a problem for her.

The whole class was clapping at them as they finished the moves and bowed. “Now, who could follow the moves perfectly like them?” The coach asked.

Woori and a girl raised their hands. Woori looked at her, ‘Isn’t she the one who squealed at them earlier?

“Okay, you two please come here.” He said as the two of them got up and made their way to the front. “Now, why don’t you go first?” He pointed at the fangirl as she nodded happily.

“Start!”

The girl turned all the moves into a y one. So it was like y dancing. Some ert boys were whistling and eyeing her moves. Woori’s eyes widened and were about popping out from its sockets, ‘What the heck….

Kai and Lay watched her in disgust. They frowned and looked at each other. Kai mouthed ‘What the hell’ while Lay mouthed ‘I know right’.

The girl finished her dance with a wink and a flying kiss. She returned to the coach and he let Woori to show her moves.

Woori started her moves perfectly unlike a certain someone who wants to show off her iness. Her moves are perfect just like how Kai and Lay did it.

Woori herself was enjoying her time meanwhile, Kai, Lay, the coach and the rest of the class watched her with their jaw on the floor, stunned.

Her moves were amazingly perfect. She did it without a single mistake.

She finally finished her performance and bowed at all of them. The whole class was applauding her, including the coach.

“That was amazing!” Lay cheered her with a smile on his face. He was mesmerized by her moves and all.

“Yeah! That was amazing! I even learned it for 3 days!” Kai said.

She couldn’t help but blushed at the compliment, “Ah thanks, but you guys are much better than me.” She said and chuckled a little.

“So now, the winner is… Nam Woori!” The coach cheered along with all the students. And then he thanked the other participant. ”Now, you’ll practice with them. Lay, Kai show her your dance room and be nice to her!” He ordered as they leave the class. 

“Thank you so much Mr. Choi!” she thanked him as he nodded and smiled.

***

After they finished their classes Hyunjee and Woori walked together down the hallway and they shared about their classes. While Sungjong and Myungsoo haven’t done their class yet, so the girls decided to leave them a meesage and headed home.

Hyunjee laughed out loud when Woori tried to imitate the girl’s y dance, “Hahaha stop it Woori! Oh my innocent eyes, I’m so sorry.” She said while rubbing her eyes and laughed.

“Yah!!” She yelled and then joined her laugh.

After they reached the school entrance and Hyunjee was about to get in the car Woori called her, “Hey wanna have a girl’s day on Saturday?” she asked.

“Sure! Only the two of us?” she asked back while the latter nodded her head.

“I’ll see you tomorrow! Bye~” she said and waved her hand as Hyunjee did the same.

 


A/N:

Heyyoo~ what’s up?

School is starting … *sobs*

Btw, I'm sorry if the dance part is way too long haha i dont even know why._. I promise next chapter Kris will appear :3

 

Anyway, please drop some comments, subscribe and upvote! :D

And thank you if you already did~

Also, sorry if there’s some typos or grammar mistake because I haven’t read it all over._.

Btw, do you wanna see Kris’ dragon painting? Comment if you want and I’ll post it XD LOL