Secret Garden

First Love

“So, tell me, how do you guys know my cousin?” Suho asked.

Earlier that day after Hyunjee went home, EXO went out the gymnasium and decided to go to a coffee shop located just blocks away from the school. After ordering their orders, they started to chat around from normal topics, like how’s your day and stuff, to a random one, like I just killed a cockroach. Until Suho asked them. Kris had excused himself to go to the restroom.

“Well, where do we start? Umm oh yeah,” Kai mumbled.

They began from being her class tutor for three days. And then to the part when they spotted Kris and her watching movie together and strolled around the mall. And finally to the part where Kris said that he was just playing around, which was actually unnecessary to tell but Tao blurted it out.

After Tao accidentally blurted it out loud, forgetting the fact that Suho was her cousin – an overprotective one at that, Suho just remained silent. He secretly gritted his teeth and clenched his fists while Tao was getting smacked by his hyungs.

He won’t ever let anyone lay a finger on her, including his best friends if their intentions were bad. He won’t let anyone hurt her. Of course he knew Kris and his past. He knows how Kris plays with girls and dumped them without any exact reason. He knew that he just wanted to do his revenge. He wanted to share how broken he was when someone turned him down. Suho couldn’t help but think that his action and intentions are childish.

And right at that time when Kris came back from the restroom, Suho shot him a death glare. Kris realized how thick the atmosphere was. He threw glances to his friends and stopped at Tao who was mouthing an apology. He sighed as he knew what was going on.

He should be telling the truth about his true intention. He too wouldn’t want to hurt her. He hasn’t even confessed to her and one of her family member already rejected him. How sad.

He looked at the now angry Suho. “Suho look-“ Kris started but Suho cut him.

“I won’t ever let you hurt her. I know exactly how you play, Yifan,” Suho growled and hissed the last part. Calling him by his real name was a sign that either he’s pissed off or he’s angry.

“I do really like her,” Kris confessed truthfully and Suho just snorted.

“Suho listen to me,” Kris said firmly, “I do like her, I do really like her,” He repeated with a hint of seriousness.

Suho finally looked at him, his eyes were full of doubt. But then, he remembered the way Hyunjee looks at him earlier. He could easily conclude that Hyunjee definitely has a thing for him. He wanted to make her happy though. So he finally decided, “Alright Yifan,” he gave in and Kris already burst out into happiness, “On one condition,” he continued and Kris frowned, “Don’t ever hurt her, and if you do, I’ll never give you my blessing and most importantly I won’t let you meet her again,” He said.

Kris nodded happily, “I won’t!” he said.

And with that the atmosphere wasn’t as thick as before as they continued chatting.

***

The final bell rang indicating the school day has ended. Hyunjee didn’t have any plans after this. Usually, the four of them would hang out but unfortunately today, her friends already have plans with their families. Hyunjee could actually just go back home and spend the rest of the day watching dramas and doing her home works but curios got the best of her. She was wondering who’s this “Guess Who” person would be.

“Ready to go, Jee?” Myungsoo called her with her nickname he gave and casually slung his arm around her shoulder.

“Umm, I’m going to the ladies room, you guys could go first,” She said.

“It’s okay, we could wait-“ Sungjong said but got cut off by Hyunjee.

“No! I mean, I’m gonna be long and I don’t want you guys to be late, so…” She said and bit her lower lip.

“Uh okay then,” Woori caught a glimpse of uneasiness on her look, “I promise we’ll hang out tomorrow,” Woori said and waved her hand as they walked out the class.

After a good 2 minutes of waiting, for making sure her best friends have already went home, she walked out to the corridor only to be greeted by a guy’s back. He looked like he was waiting for someone. ‘He must be this “Guess Who” guy’ she thought and then she cleared

The guy immediately turned around to face her and she was surprised, he was no other than Kris. “Hi Hyunjee,” he greeted flashing his charming smile.

“Oh hi Oppa,” She said, eyes scanning her surroundings, ignoring Kris. ‘Now where is this anonymous?’ she wondered and heaved a sigh.

Seeing that Hyunjee haven’t quite realize that the anon was actually him, he decided to play dumb. “Uh, so what are you doing here?” he asked.

“Umm, waiting?” She answered unsurely.

“Waiting for?” He asked again and held back his laugh.

“I don’t know, someone texted me to meet him or her here,” She said and shrugged. “How about you?” She asked back.

“I don’t know either, I told someone to meet me here,” He said.

She just nodded understandingly. After processing his words, her eyes widened and she looked at the now laughing male. “So it’s you?!” She asked in disbelief.

He nodded in-between his laugh. After calming himself, he apologized to the girl and get to his main point. “I want to show you something,” He said.

She just glared at him. “Oh come on, I’ve apologized,” he said while pouting slightly.

She crossed her arms and looked away, “So? I’m not accepting your apology,” she said stubbornly. She was still embarrassed for no exact reason. Or maybe it was because he was laughing at her.

“Aigoo, you’re angry,” He bent down a little so he was at the same level as her and pinched her cheek.

“Yah, it hurts!” she yelled while trying to pry off his hand.

“Oops sorry. Now now, I have something to show you, I’m sure you’ll like it,” He said.

“And what makes you think I’m going to like it?” she asked turning to him.

“You’ll see,” He said and gave her a wink. He grabbed her wrist gently and dragged her to the rooftop. She was struggling at first but knowing that it was useless, she just stayed quiet.

After opening the door which leads them to the rooftop, the grip on her wrist loosened. “No one ever came here,” he mumbled but she heard it.

“Why? It’s so beautiful here,” She said while walking towards the railing to see the view.

“Well, you see, this is where we usually hang out,” He explained.

“We? As in EXO?” She said still admiring the view and he nodded.

Both just stayed quiet comfortably until he decided to grab her wrist again and lead her somewhere, “Where are we going?” she asked but he didn’t answer. Instead, he led her to another door and opened it.

It revealed a beautifully decorated garden. opened slightly ajar. It was actually just like a normal beautiful garden but this one is located on the rooftop. That's what makes it different. On the center, there were two chairs and a small coffee table in the middle. She didn’t know why but suddenly she remembered a certain title of a famous drama, Secret Garden. It kind of described it.

“Beautiful isn’t it?” Kris suddenly asked and she nodded.

“Now why don’t we sit?” He said and walked to the chair with her trailing from behind.

They both just sat there enjoying each other’s presence until Kris decided to start a conversation and they chatted comfortably.

Little did they know, they were being watched.

***

“Hey, where are you two going?” Hyunjee asked Myungsoo and Sungjong who were rushing out the class.

They both turned around and Myungsoo gave her an apologetic smile, “I’m sorry, we just got a call from the coach,” He said.

“Hyunjee-ah, Woori-ah, miaaan~ we’ll hangout tomorrow, okay?” Sungjong apologized with a cute pout.

“It’s alright, I still have her here,” Hyunjee said and slung her arm around Woori’s shoulder.

“Okay then, see you tomorrow,” Myungsoo said and headed to the gymnasium after giving Hyunjee one last glance.

 

“Hey, you look so happy today, what happened?” Woori asked curiously as they both settled down on her bed.

They didn’t know what to do at school so Hyunjee invited Woori to her house. And as they arrived, Woori asked her.

“I don’t know…” She mumbled and hugged her pillow.

“Spill,” Woori commanded.

Hyunjee sighed, “Alright..” she said. She knew she couldn’t keep it away from her best friend. And besides, she needed some advice too.

Hyunjee told her from day one where she bumped into him until yesterday when he showed her the secret garden on the rooftop. Not leaving a single thing behind, including Suho, her dear cousin. And of course the strange feeling she got whenever she was with Kris.

“WAIT SO YOU ARE FRIEDNS WITH THE KINGKAS NOW?!” Woori exploded. She couldn’t contain it any longer.

“Umm, I guess?”

“WHAT THE HELL HYUNJEE,” She yelled again and Hyunjee chuckled.

“AND NOW YOU’RE TELLING ME YOU LIKE KRIS?!”

“I don’t know… It was just, I like his company and and and…-” She said placing her hand on her heart, feeling her heartbeat.

“It means you like him, Hyunjee,” Woori said, grinning from one ear to another.

She sighed and hugged her pillow tighter, “Maybe…”

***

A/N:

HEY LOVELIES<3<3<3

OH MY GOD HAVE YOU GUYS LISTEN TO BREATH BY SM THE BALLAD?!!!! WHICH ONE’S YOUR FAVORITE?? THEYRE SO BEAUTIFUL I JUST CANT. ;~~~~;

Okay I’m sorry, can’t help it. I know it’s a bit late, but still._.

Anyways, enjoy this crappy chapter.__. And thank you so much for the subbies, upvoters and commenters!! Let me shower you guys with love<3

And thank you so much jeleexoxo for pointing out my mistakes and upvoting;~; You’re toooo kind X’D

Comment and subscribe (and maybe upvote too if this story deserves one) if you, somehow, find this story interesting ;3

One and only cute Baozi for you~