Jealousy

First Love

The rest of the boys seemed to be confused by the little scene before them. Suho stared at her with the widest eyes he ever did and same goes with Hyunjee.

“Is it really…you?” Suho asked while rubbing his eyes, not believing his eyes.

A smile crept on her face and her eyes got watery due to both happiness and widening her eyes for too long. She slowly nodded and Suho smiled widely.

'I’ve never seen Suho this happy to see someone before. She must be important to him and his life’ Kris thought. And all of a sudden, Suho embraced her into a bone crashing hug. “It’s been a long time, I missed you so much,” He murmured to her hair and breathed in her wonderful scent.

Kris who was watching the cute scene widened his eyes, feeling something strange in his heart. Everything seemed to be in slow motion. He does respect Suho, his best friend, but he didn’t know why he hates the sight before him. He also didn’t know why but he wanted to pull her off his friend’s embrace and hug her instead. The feelings got worsen when he caught Suho’s words, “I miss you”. The feeling was extremely similar with the ones he got years ago after his childhood friend rejected him and went with her boyfriend, leaving him alone in the middle of a park with a bouquet of red roses on his hand. What was that feeling? Heartbroken? Jealousy? Whatever those feelings was, he already made sure not to experience it again but somehow, he failed. He couldn’t deny it any longer, denying his feelings.

Just when he realized that he actually had unexpectedly fallen for this girl, fate decided to play with him. ‘What are you to her, Suho? Out of those girls out there, why her? Why should I fall for her when I know I couldn’t have her? Why is this fate decided to play with me when I’m not playing around any longer? Why should I experience it all over again? Once is freaking enough. Karma is it? Why now? Why not earlier when haven’t had these feelings for her? Why?’ Questions, complaints and regrets were spinning around his mind. He wasnt aware of all this.

“I missed you too Oppa,” He heard Hyunjee said.

And that’s it. His heart has officially broken into pieces. Although he didn’t know exactly what their relationship was, he was still hurt. They looked so happy together. Even he had to admit that they look cute together.

Tao cleared his throat breaking the scene as Hyunjee pulled out from the hug and blushed furiously realizing that the whole group was watching them.

“Nawww, don’t be embarrassed, Hyunnie~” Suho said seeing her cute flushed cheeks and ruffled her hair.

There it goes again with Kris, the strange feelings from earlier. Was it jealousy? He shook his head from the thought.

“Umm so… You know her, hyung?” Sehun asked curiously while the others were waiting for his answer.

And to the group’s surprise, he laughed out loud. He seemed to be completely happy at the moment. He then wrapped his arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer.

As much as Kris wanted to hear his answer, he couldn’t bear to see the two in such an extremely close distance. He just wanted to go home and sleep for the rest of the day. But now, he has to deal with the answer and the only thing he could do was hoping that whatever comes out from the pair’s mouth wouldn’t hurt him.

Suho let out a nervous chuckle and rubbed the back of his neck, “Umm we’re…..”

Dang it Suho just say it, lovers?’ Kris thought a little pissed off. But the next thing he heard suprisingly relieving.

“He’s my cousin,” she explained simply. The group nodded understandingly at the pair.

Kris let out a sigh of relief after holding his breath for God knows how long. The hurt feelings from earlier immediately recovered but not entirely. He still got a little jealous whenever the two were close to each other. But mostly, he felt relieved. At least he could still try to steal her heart.

“I’m not just your cousin, I’m also your favorite Oppa right?” Suho teased and she just hit his arm lightly.

“What if you’re not? You disappeared for so long, Joon oppa,” She pouted an angry one and crossed her arms while looking at her cousin.

“Wait wait wait, Joon Oppa?” Baekhyun asked and the group burst out laughing their heads off.

“Omo, Joon hyung~” Chen sang with an obvious hint of tease.

Hyunjee frowned while looking at them questioningly, ‘Why are this people laughing? It’s his name right?’ She thought and then turned to look at her red faced oppa. He was completely embarrassed at his old nickname which was given from her and his family.

“L-look, people don’t call me Joon or Joonmyeon here, they call me Suho,” He said to the girl. She couldn’t help but laugh along the others as she felt how embarrassing it was for him. She could predict that the members are going to with the new nickname.

“Y-yah, why are you laughing too? You’re supposed to be on my side!” He complained and reddened even more.

After some times calming themselves, Hyunjee and Suho told them about their childhood and why did they seem to be missing each other’s presence a little too much.

When Hyunjee was still a little, the only friends she has was her own cousin that lives next door. Yup, they were also neighbors. They would always go play in the backyard together and he would always every single time. He just loves to see her annoyed face. But then, something came up with his parents and that he had to leave the house to go overseas. Suho had promised her that he will absolutely come back. But she waited, she waited every single day in the backyard, looking through the window that used to be his bedroom, and nothing. He didn’t come back.

The maknae line were a little touched by the story and glared at Suho for not coming back as he promised. “What? I moved away and when I came back I lost track of her,” Suho said defending himself as he felt the glares.

Hyunjee chuckled at his defensiveness, “However, I’m still mad at you for not coming back and makes me wait,” She pouted and the maknaes turned to glare at Suho again.

Hyunjee and the group continued chatting about some random stuff and sometimes the happy virus couple, aka BaekYeol, crack some jokes. She got along with them pretty well despite them being the oh-so-called kingkas and oh-so-called senior. The reason why the group seems to like her so much was because she’s different from any other girl, especially in the school. Girls would always cling onto them either because of their good looks, their money or popularity.

“Hey can I have your number, Hyunnie?” Suho asked her out of the blue.

“Stop calling me that if you don’t want to be called Joon Oppa,” She said sending glares to him.

“Alright, alright. Can I, Hyunjee-ah~?” He asked again clasping his hands in front of his chest with sparkling eyes which made the rest laughs.

Unlocking her phone, Hyunjee saw 8 missed calls and 5 new messages. ‘Well at least it lessens a bit’ she thought.

“Umm, I think I have to go home now,” She said getting up from the floor and reached her bag after giving Suho her number.

If she wasn’t wrong, she heard a sound of sniffle coming from the group. When she turned to look at them, they all pouted and gave her a sad puppy look. “Do you really have to go?” Tao asked while pulling the saddest expression he could.

As much as she wanted to stay and have fun, she really has to go. Her mom would be dead worried and call the police or even hire some detectives to track her. “Yeah… My mom would be worried if I come home late,” She said.

“Oh! Tell auntie and uncle I said hi. I’ll come to your house when I have time, okay?” Suho said.

“Okay, bye then!” She waved at them as they did the same and say their good byes.

***

Hyunjee plopped down onto her bed after changing into her nightwear and doing her night routine. ‘What a tiring day’ she thought and smiled while recalling what happened earlier. She didn’t know why and just realized that every time Kris was near, her heartbeat is accelerating. Especially when he holds her hand or makes any kind of skinship with her, she would feel something strange inside her stomach. But she was too tired to think about it. All she could conclude was that she likes his company and she’s comfortable around him.

It was already 5 past ten where her parents would usually go to her room and bid their goodnight. Yeah, just like a 5 year old. But not for today.  Her parents weren’t at home at the moment. They have some business matter with their business partner in Japan, so they decided to go there for a week. As much as she likes the freedom when they’re away, she missed them.

She heaved a big sigh and opened her phone. She realized that she hadn’t opened it ever since she stepped into the house. There was one new message.

From: Myungsoo

Hey, you’re not asleep yet, right? Umm, just wondering, when do we start our project?

Pabo. Why would anyone be excited to an English project? Well, definitely not me’ she thought and typed her reply.

To: Myungsoo

Wae? Excited much? :p

 

From: Myungsoo

So you're not asleep yet? Yup, I'm pretty much excited.

 

To: Myungsoo

No, if I'm already asleep then who would be typing this, pabo?

On the other hand, Myungsoo was just smiling at his phone like an idiot, Hyunjee’s text to be exact. He was very excited for his English project with her. It wasn't about the subject, it was about the partner. He was too immersed to their little chat that he didn’t realize the clock has stricken 11 and that she already stopped replying. ‘She’s probably fallen asleep. How cute’ He thought while imagining her sleeping figure. And then not long after that, he dozed off.

***

It was again one of the boring lessons for Kris. He was zoning out the entire time. He was again thinking about the girl. Crazy, how this girl could have such a huge impact on him.

Do I really like her?’ He wondered while gazing out the window. His classroom was at the third floor so he could see some scenery from there. And one thing that caught his attention, a park. He then remembered a small yet beautiful garden on the rooftop.

Yes Kris, you are a genius!’ He smiled and opened his phone to text her not even caring that the teacher already had her attention on him along with the stares from the entire class.

After tapping the send button, he locked his phone and looked at the teacher as if nothing happened. The teacher was known to be the nicest teachers there is and Kris could just careless.

***

Hyunjee was copying the notes from the whiteboard when suddenly her phone beeped. She forgot to put it on silent and luckily the teacher didn’t seem to notice. ‘Who the heck would text me in this kind of time? Mom? Dad? Naah..’ She wondered while frowning.

Curious, she finally unlocked the phone and opened the message.

From: Guess who?

Do you have any plans after school? If no, wait for me at the corridor. I want to show you something.

She frowned when she looked at the sender. ‘”Guess who?”? Who the heck? Who could it be and how did this person saved the number here? Could it be Suho oppa? Naah, he already saved his by naming it “My Lovely Oppa”! Wait what?! Aish oppa’ She thought and put her phone back to her bag.

Should I wait for this person? What if they’re trying to kidnap me?!’ She thought in horror.

“What’s wrong?” Myungsoo asked seeing her eyes widened in horror.

She turned to him and shook her head, “Ani… Nothing’s wrong,” she lied. Myungsoo just nodded his head forcefully knowing that there’s definitely something wrong with her. And then the two continued to copy the notes.

***

A/N

Heyya~ waddup?

So anyway, I edited the forewords and if you have some times please check it out ^^

Oh and also, I’ve been thinking about changing the title because it looks too common, no?

So please tell me your opinion on the comment section~

And don’t forget to comment, subscribe and maybe upvote too ;3

Here’s another D.O for you guys…

LOL HELP ME. okay credit to owner XD

Thank you~