Jealous Myungsoo?

First Love

It’s been about two weeks since their last encounter. Yes, Kris has obediently listened to Suho’s advice, to stay away from her for a while, although sometimes he tried to talk to her, but she remained cold and quiet. And it seems like Suho haven’t helped much either.

Meanwhile, Myungsoo and Hyunjee seemed to be getting closer and closer. Sometimes they went home together, or Myungsoo would ask her to hang out with him, and also stayed over at her house if he was trapped like he once did.

To say that they don’t look like a couple would be a lie. Even Suho mistook them as a couple when they met.

It was already time for lunch and the four best friends went through the sea of people to get to the cafeteria. Earlier today, there was an announcement about a school trip. And although it seems like it’s too early, especially for the freshmen, but it’s an annual event.

Actually the trip had always been held on the month of September but due to some circumstances, it was held in about two weeks from now. The trip is a camping trip, and it’s pretty similar to scouting. So, other schools will be joining as well. Only some students will be picked as representatives. There will be six representatives from each class to be exact. And they will be picked based on their grades, especially P.E and science. Also, it’s going to be held for 4 days 3 nights.

Students had been talking about it ever since it was announced. Questions like, “Who do you think will be chosen?”  and “I hope the kingkas are going too if I’m chosen!” could easily be heard as they queued to get the food.

Hyunjee too was excited as how the others were, but she was still kind of uncomfortable and a bit pissed that Suho brought the ‘Kris’’ topic when they went out to grab a dinner yesterday.

“Hyunnie, umm, how are you with…err, Kris?” Suho lowered his voice on the last part as they finished ordering the food.

Hyunjee stiffened a bit as Kris’ name was being mentioned but regained her composure back right away, “Umm, I don’t know. What do you think it’s been like?” She nonchalantly replied.

Suho sighed as he knew that it was a wrong timing. But what can he do? He already brought it up anyway, so might as well finish it. “You know, people change, Hyunjee,” he continued.

              “Yeah, unfortunately he doesn’t,” She muttered.

“Trust me Hyunjee, I know him for years. I’m sure it was just a misunderstanding.” Suho gave her an assuring smile and she stayed quiet.

“Tell you what Hyunnie, I gotta say he once was a player, but trust me, he changed,” He continued.

“If he really hasn’t changed, then, usually at lunch, he would bring bunch of girls with him. But, if he doesn’t, then he really has changed. Just see for yourself tomorrow if you’re still unsure about what I said just now,” He assured her and gave her the angelic smile of his. Then, as if on cue, the waiter came and served them their foods.

The image of him kissing a girl made it hard to believe. Well, there are actually some tiny possibilities to say that it was just an accident.

So, did he really change?’ She wondered as she saw Kris sitting alone on one of the tables in the cafeteria while putting on his beats. They made an eye contact before she looked away and his group of friends approached him.

***

School has just ended and Hyunjee and Myungsoo went to grab a bubble tea. Unfortunately, Sungjong and Woori couldn’t make it, again. After ordering their bubble teas, which were Taro for Hyunjee and Hazelnut for Myungsoo, they sat on the table near the window.

They talked about school, music, even the school trip. They just never ran out of topics.

“Hey Jee, I need to go to the bathroom,” Myungsoo said as he finished his bubble tea.

“Kay kay.” She nodded childishly, still chewing the pearls.

When Myungsoo has finally gone, someone approached her. She looked up and saw a guy smiling cutely at her.

“Hello there,” He waved at her. Although he seemed to be so cute with a slight bad-boyish image on him, but he kind of creeps her out.

“Umm, do I know you?” At first she was afraid that her question will offend him somehow, but seeing he was laughing right after made her silently sighed in relief.

“No silly. That’s why I said ‘hello’, not ‘sup’ or even ‘babe’,” he said and winked at her. Now he sounded a bit creepier, but she just laughed it off.

“So, umm, can I sit here?” he asked while pointing to the chair next to Myungsoo’s. He seemed to know she had a company.

“Sure,” she said and gave him a friendly smile.

“I’m Woohyun, what’s your name?” He introduced and gave her his eye smile. If it’s not because of his uniform, she could’ve mistaken him as a dongsaeng.

“I’m Hyunjee.”

“Cute name for a cute girl,” He said and winked again.

Hyunjee just laughed it off, “Well thanks for the compliment, Mr.”

As they continued talking and joking sometimes, she could feel that he’s a nice guy, but she wasn’t really comfortable with him, after all, they just met.

***

Myungsoo smiled as he got out the toilet stall and fixed his hair in front of the mirror. But his smile soon turned into a frown when he exited the washroom only to find Hyunjee talking with another guy.

No wait. He wasn’t just talking with her. He was obviously flirting with her! And to make it worse, Hyunjee was completely oblivious by the situation. He then decided to eavesdrop a little.

“Do you know why is Peter pan always flying?” The guy asked.

“Umm, no. Why?”

“Because he neverlands. Get it?” he laughed his off along with Hyunjee.

Myungsoo scoffed inwardly, “Oh come on! A Peterpan joke? Even I can do better than him!” He muttered angrily. ‘Why do I even care? I mean it’s not like I like her or anything…’ he shook his head immediately at the thought. But something in his heart somehow denies it. ‘Or do I…?

He rushed to the table before the guy could tell anymore lame jokes. He didn’t know what brings him to get so worked up on this mere guy flirting with Hyunjee, but one thing he was sure of, he was irritated.

Hyunjee looked up as soon as Myungsoo came back, then suddenly an imaginary light bulb popped out of her head. “Hey, you’re back!” She said, looking happy as ever.

Before either Myungsoo or Woohyun could open , she blurted out something unexpectedly, “Woohyun, this is Myungsoo, my boyfriend.”

With eyes as wide as saucers both of them then turned to Hyunjee, who seemed to be a bit surprised as well. After what felt like an hour, Woohyun regained his composure and turned to Myungsoo who was still frozen at his spot.

Woohyun cleared his throat, scanned Myungsoo from head to toe and smirked a little, “Oh? Is that so? I’m Woohyun from Jaegug High. Nice to meet you.” He said as he got up. “Too bad I’ve got something to do now. Nice meeting you Hyunjee,” He gave her a charming smile before turning to Myungsoo with an irritated look, “And Myungsoo.” He turned back to Hyunjee, “I’m off then. Bye.” He said and walked out the shop.

She exhaled loudly because somehow, she felt relieved, “You were right on time Myung… Thanks,” she said and looked at him who was still frozen.

“Myungsoo?” she got up and waved a hand in front of his face.

“Huh?” he finally turned to her.

“Err, nothing. Kaja!”

***

Myungsoo still seemed lost in his world of thoughts and Hyunjee seemed to know what was bothering him. As they both nearing Hyunjee’s car, she halted her steps and took a deep breath. Myungsoo frowned as he noticed she was no longer walking beside him. He looked back and found her staring at him, face couldn’t be read.

“What’s the matter?” Myungsoo asked, walking back to her.

“Look, I didn’t mean to claim you as my boyfriend or anything. I’m sorry if it bothers you.”

“Huh? What are you talking ab-“

“Don’t deny it Myungsoo, I know it bothers you. You’ve been zoning out since I said that lame excuse.” She looked down at her feet. Before he could reply, she continued, “I was just uncomfortable with that guy. He’s so creepy and his jokes are lame.” She rolled her eyes.

Myungsoo didn’t know why but a smile crept upon his face and he felt relieved, “I know right. Who the hell tells an old lame Peter Pan joke? It’s 2014 for God’s sake.” He laughed.

Hyunjee was a little surprised at his choice of words but shrugged it off nonetheless and laughed along.

***

 

A/N: (July's author's note)

HEEEEYY I KNOW IT’S BEEN FOREVER PLEASE DON’T KILL ME.

Yesterday was my last entrance test :’) I hope I’ll get accepted :) And honestly, I still have another test on August but I can’t help myself but to write ><

I know it’s short chapter but I hope it satisfies you guys.. And thanks for all the subbies who didn’t unsubscribe while I’m gone :”) I appreciate it! And welcome new subbies~

Comment, subscribe and upvote! Thanks^^

-

A/N: (Now's author's note XD)

You know…I actually planned on updating this chapter on July but I guess I got carried away with studying…sorry guys, I was extremely busy with exams, BUT GUESS WHAT?????

IMMA COLLEGE GIRL NOOOWW~ /throws confetti/ WOHOO~~

Lol sorry, but seriously though, I got accepted to the university I really wanted and I was so happy about it!:”) thank you so much for wishing me good lucks and supporting me although I went on hiatus for like…months._. I’m truly sorry about that.

But as of now, I don’t think I can update regularly as I’m still busy with the orientation here. So I’m really sorry:( I’ll surely update again if I have time!! And don’t worry, I’m gonna finish this story no matter what:”) so I hope you guys would understand my situation and keep supporting me!^^

Thank you for everything, lovelies!<3