A Company

First Love

Hyunjee was on her way home. Today was a great day, she thought. She never thought that a scary-looking giant like him would be such a nice guy with his panda best friend. She honestly didn't know how to react towards his action just then. She felt something unusual inside but just acted normal outside instead. The smile never left her lips ever since she got into the car.

She finally arrived home safely and went inside to see her mom which was sitting by the gigantic tall chair reading a book, "Hey mom!" She approached while waving.

She closed the book and placed it on a table beside her, "Oh hel-" she paused when she spotted a bandage on her hand, "Is it a bandage? Are you okay? What happened?" She worriedly asked.

She quickly hid her hand behind her back, "N-nothing..." She stuttered.

"No, it's not nothing! Let me see it." She said.

She then let her mom to see it, "It's only a cut, mom." She said flatly.

"Aww my poor little baby got her first cut." She giggled, "By the way, how come did you know how to treat it?" She asked.

Her eyes widened, "Umm, this guy treated it for me." She blurted out her thoughts. She mentally slapped herself when she realized what she just said. ‘Did you just mention the word “this guy”, Hyunjee? Hope she isn’t mad’ she gulped down the lump in and was hoping for the best.

Her mom’s face immediately changed into a playful teasing one, “And who’s this we’re talking about?” she wiggled her brows and suddenly forgot about the wound. ‘What….?

Her face reddened quickly, “H-he’s just a frie-”

"Ayee, my little baby already got one, huh? Who’s he?" She asked cutting Hyunjee off and continued wiggling her brows.

"What? N-no!" she stuttered and still blushing furiously.

Her mom giggled and smirked. It was an unusual thing to see her acting like this. "Who is he? What's his name? Why don't you introduce him to me?" She asked.

Again, she blushed and tried to hide it by holding her cheeks, "Mom.. He's just a friend." She said.

She giggled again, "Your father was once my friend too." She said smirking.

"Well.... I'm going to my room now." She said trying to get away from her mother and rushed to her room.

Before she was lost from her mom's sight, "You owe me a story, young lady!" She shouted.

"Mom!!" She whined as she closed her room's door.

As she got inside, she threw herself onto a fluffy couch on the corner of her room and relaxed herself there. She let out a sigh while looking at the bandage and smiled, 'What a day... So many unexpected things turned real'. She thought while caressing the bandage gently trying not to hurt herself. ‘I even made a sandwich! Scratch that, 3 sandwiches and they all taste good! I should start my own restaurant,’ she thought and chuckled to herself.

***

On the next day at school, Hyunjee had arrived on time, about 5 minutes away from the bell. She got inside the classroom but she saw none of her friends there, just some random new kids that she didn’t bother to know.

After she heard the bell rang, the seniors came into the class and announced that Kai was still absent. Also, because today was the last day of the orientation, they will have to tour around the school. And this was all the students were waiting for.

Hyunjee was excited yet sad because she will have to tour without her friends, remembering that they were late, which will tour the school separately.

Kris noticed the sad look on her face. And when Hyerim and Tao began to step outside the class, Kris stayed still instead. He told them to go by themselves and that he’ll be following. After all of the students already got out from the class, Hyunjee stood up only to find the tall blonde guy approaching her.

“You don’t want to miss the tour,” He said keeping his cool while Hyunjee hung her head low, sighed and nodded forcefully. And they finally left the class together.

“Is there something bothering you?” he finally asked while she kept her gaze straight.

“No, it’s just my friends, they’re late and we couldn’t tour together,” she bitterly smiled.

“I’m here you know,” and with that coming out from his lips, he mentally slapped himself for not keeping his cold manner.

She looked up at him and he quickly looked away, she giggled, “Thanks.”

They talked about some random things throughout the tour. Sometimes he brought up some jokes to cheer her up, and she laughed out loud because the joke was so bad.

***

After some times later, she already found herself standing with the other students at the field. Kris said that he should be preparing for his speech so he went somewhere else.

After the long walk with Kris, she thought he was friendly, unlike his look which was intimidating. True that some of his jokes were VERY bad, but at least he tried. Well not all his jokes though. But she likes being with him. She felt really comfortable and secured. She could smile easily when he was near.

Hyunjee wasn’t like any other girls who fell head over heels for him just because of his looks. Not in the first place at least. She wasn’t that type of a girl. Good look is a bonus. And in this case, Kris’ good look is a grand prize.

“Hey Hyunjee!” she heard a familiar voice calling her. More like shouting from a distance.

She turned around and saw her best friends walking towards her while waving. “Oh hi guys!” she replied while waving. ‘Ah finally

“Sorry we were late,” Sungjong said while panting.

“You were alone weren’t you?” Woori asked with a giggle.

“You think?” She rolled her eyes.

Myungsoo chuckled, “What a pity,” he said playfully.

“Yah!” she yelled then pouted.

He was amused with her annoyed face, “I was just kidding, Hyunjee-ah~” he said pinching her cheek and the three of them laughed.

Then they continued chatting until there was some sound of loud taps coming from the speakers. All the students quickly turned their attentions to the seniors along with the teachers and headmaster up at the stage. Kris started with his closing speech. He sometimes glanced at Hyunjee and found her staring at him back. Well of course, the attention was all on him.

After Kris and the headmaster’s closing speech, the students were dismissed back to their classes to get some other announcement from their homeroom teacher before going home.

***

After the class already completely filled, the door swung open revealing a tall man who looked like he was in his mid-30s.  He introduced himself, his name is Yoon Junho and the students called them Mr. Yoon. He was the homeroom teacher and he seemed to be a nice teacher.

He told the students all about the extracurricular activities in the school which was Football, Basketball, Theatre, Art, Dance, Science Club, Photography and Choir. Each of the students should choose one.

Hyunjee got back to her senses the moment she heard the word art. She loves art so much, especially drawing and painting. Her talent and passion lays there. And it has been her dream to be an artist.

“Hey Hyunjee,” Myungsoo nudged her. His voice was softer than a whisper but luckily she could make out what he said.

“Hmm?” She replied shortly turning her gaze to him. He was resting his chin on his palm and stared at her. And she found it cute.

“Which one would you like to attend?” He asked.

She turned her gaze to the door and hummed while tapping her chin, “Art I guess, what about you?” She asked back.

“Basketball I think,” He answered and flashed her smile.

“I thought you’ll choose the science club, nerd” She emphasized the last word playfully as she chuckled and stuck out her tongue at him

“Yah!” and with that loud yell came out from his mouth, he succeed to get Mr. Yoon’s attention along with a glare from him. Myungsoo glared at his seatmate who was trying her best to hide her laugh. And the both of them bursted out laughing silently.


 

A/N:

Yayy finally an update ;)

I’m sorry if the story is boring or what but I promise ‘something’ will happen :b kekeke~

Thank you so much for all the readers, commenters, subscribers and upvoters :D

And as always, leave me some comment about the story because I love reading it :3 and also subscribe if you somehow find this story interesting X3

Gomawo~