Cold

First Love

Crack

Her heart shattered into bits and pieces. Hyunjee couldn’t bear to see it any longer. With a heavy heart she stepped back and turned around, running as fast as she could. Tears were threatening to fall. She just ran wherever her feet brought her to. She didn’t even bother to see straight ahead because of her blurry vision, until she bumped into someone’s hard chest.

Luckily, the person’s hands were wrapped securely around her waist so she didn’t fall back. Hyunjee quickly took a step back and did a 90° bow while saying her apologies. She didn’t look up at the person until two hands were placed on her shoulder. She blinked furiously to clear her vision which made the tears rolled down her cheeks.

Only then, she realized it was Myungsoo with a not so amused look.

“I thought I told you to go home- Jee? Are you okay? What’s wrong?” Myungsoo started with a scold but when he saw the tears on either side of her cheeks, he got worried.

Hyunjee shrugged his hands away and bowed one last time before she continued running towards the school entrance. She just couldn’t get her mind straight.

She got inside her car and went straight home.

***

“Sorry,” The girl, who appeared to be Hyerim, apologized after their little session with a win-win smirk and handed Kris some papers.

“Whatever,” Kris said nonchalantly. He looked around his surroundings to see if there were any students who witnessed the kiss earlier. He sighed in relief after seeing no one was around, or so he thought.

Little did he know, he just broke a heart and a promise. And little did they know that someone aside of the brokenhearted girl also saw it.

 

15 minutes passed since he arrived at the rooftop and Kris was still waiting. Seeing still no sign of Hyunjee, he decided to call her. But unfortunately, every time he called, the line was either busy or goes straight to voice mail. Calling her was pretty much futile, so he decided to text her.

 

To: Hyunjee

Hyunjee-ah, eodiya? You’re coming right?

 

He pressed the send button and looked around the rooftop. He smiled at the thought of Hyunjee. He remembered the day when they explored the rooftop a little more and found a fountain. She looked so happy back then. Just how much he likes to see her smile.

His train of thoughts was interrupted by a sound of his phone. He unlocked it and smiled after seeing the sender.

 

From: Hyunjee

I can’t.

 

He frowned upon reading the message. She had never texted him as simple as this. ‘Did I do something wrong?’ he thought. But then he just shrugged the negative thoughts off and texted her back.

 

To: Hyunjee

Okay then. See you tomorrow.

 

As cold as it may seem, it was just a habit of his. He doesn’t like to type messages too long along with those stupid lame smileys.

He still couldn’t get the thoughts of Hyunjee off his mind. Firstly, she didn’t pick up any of his calls. Secondly, her text was so simple and…cold? He was the one who supposed to play the cold role. ‘Oh well, maybe she was just tired. Yep that’s it, she’s tired’ he thought as he headed downstairs and went home.

***

Here she is now, in her room burying herself inside the covers on her bed while hugging her penguin stuffed toy. It was already 10 in the evening yet she still hasn’t eaten her dinner. She has no appetite at all.

She’s angry, she’s mad. If you think she’s mad because Kris had played her, you’re completely wrong.

She’s mad because of herself. She hates herself. She hates herself for falling so easily. She hates herself for trusting people so fast. She hates herself for being naïve. She hates herself because she couldn’t see something from another angle. She hates herself for being gullible. She hates herself for being too kind. She hates herself for not listening to her… cousin.

Oppa did warn me the day before…’ she realized. Now she regrets. ‘I should’ve listened to Oppa’ she heaved a sigh.

From now on she promised herself to be more careful in trusting people, knowing the guy’s personality before falling, and as for her kindness… It’s her nature but who is she kidding? She couldn’t be kind to everyone forever, she could be used. Well maybe she’ll be nice and kind at some occasions and to a certain people. She’ll try as hard she could.

She then remembered, she ignored Myungsoo earlier at school, now she felt bad. She was just couldn’t get her mind straight and the mood was completely ruined back then. She should apologize, but glancing at the clock, he might already be in his dreamland.

Little did she know, he was still fidgeting his phone, typing a message for her with so much hesitation that he eventually chose to erase it and dozed off.

***

The next day, Hyunjee walked lifelessly towards the school entrance. Not wanting to bump into Kris, she walked a little faster and to her unfortunate, she bumped into someone. ‘Really now? Just how many times do I have to bump into someone?!’ She thought as she apologized without looking up at the person, afraid that it’ll be Kris.

Just when she was about to walk away, a hand held her shoulder. “Why are you avoiding me?” A voice asked.

She hesitantly looked up and instantly relieved at the sight. It was Myungsoo looking at her with a frown. She heaved a relieved sigh and placed a hand on her chest.

“Yah! Answer me! What’s wrong?” He demanded.

Hyunjee chuckled inwardly at his expression and decided to play for a bit, she looked at him with an emotionless face and shrugged his hand away then continued to walk away.

“Yah!!” He yelled as she heard loud footsteps from behind.

Myungsoo easily caught up with her. He held both of her shoulder and turned her around only to be faced by a laughing Hyunjee, “Y-yah… Why are you laughing…”

“Sorry…I’m… not avoiding… you,” She said in between her laughs.

His frown grew deeper and he finally gave up seeing Hyunjee endlessly laughs. He walked away leaving the girl.

“Yah, where are you going, pabo?” Hyunjee said and jogged over to Myungsoo.

“I’m sorry but do I know you, missy?” He asked not sparing a glance at her.

“Oh come on, Myungie~ I was just kidding,” She rolled her eyes.

The nickname caught his attention. To say that he hates to be called by the nickname would be a lie, but he doesn’t like it either. He only likes it if it came out from a certain people, including her.

Let’s just say that she’s just like a sister he never had. And he’s like a brother she never had.

He sighed and turned to look at her who was having a big grin on her face, “Bubbletea, your treat today,” He said and smirked.

“Yah…It was my treat last week-“

“Hyunjee-ah,” She was cut off by a voice calling her from a distance. She looked at the person and her eyes widened. ‘Not now…’ she thought and groaned inaudibly as the memory form yesterday flashed.

Her face changed from happy with a wide grin into an emotionless face with unreadable eyes and it didn’t goes by unnoticed by Myungsoo.

As Kris got nearer she quickly bowed a little and gave him a forced smile which made Kris stops and frowns. Just when he was about to open his mouth to speak, the bell rang. ‘Saved by the bell!’ she thought. With that, she clung to Myungsoo’s arm “Come on Myung, we’re gonna be late,” She said and dragged him to another direction leaving Kris dumbfounded.

***

“Jee,” Myungsoo called.

It was Biology, which was their last class. The teacher was still talking to the whiteboard while the students were all half awake. Myungsoo had called her twice but she just stayed still until he pokes her cheek.

“Hmm?” She hummed and turned to Myungsoo.

“You’ve been zoning out, what’s the matter?” He asked still poking her cheek.

“Yah stop it,” She said and shook his hand away.

“Alright alright, but what’s wrong?”

“Nothing, just thinking,” she answered.

***

What’s wrong with her?’ Kris wondered frowning while doodling on his English text book.

Did I do something wrong? Is she on her period or something? Ugh woman’ He thought.

“Mr. Wu!” The teacher called.

He snapped out of his trance and looked at the teacher along with the stares from the other students.

“Have you been listening?” The teacher asked, not looking so amused.

“Umm, yes?” Kris said unsurely. Truth to be told, he didn’t even listen to all the teachers since first period.

The teacher smirked a little, “Then, repeat the last word I said,” She demanded.

“Err… Said?” He answered and the class burst into laughter. The teacher just got trolled. Wait, it should be Chen’s work.

“Mr. Wu! Detention room after this!” The teacher said firmly through gritted teeth and the class immediately shut their mouths.

Kris groaned and ruffled his blonde hair, ‘Detention because of this girl, you’ve got to be kidding me

 

The bell rang and Kris was the first person to get out from the hell-like class. He wanted to ditch detention but he already knew the consequence, three straight hours of detention the next day, because he already went through it once.

While walking towards the detention room, he saw Hyunjee. He quickly walked to her, “Hey.”

She looked up at him and showed no expression, she saw this one coming. “Hi.” She replied coldly.

“Uh, so…” ‘Come on Kris, you’ve talked to a lot of girls before’ his subconscious said, but nothing came out from his mouth.

“I’m sorry, but I’ve got to go,” Hyunjee said as she saw he didn’t say anything. And with that, she walked away to the school entrance.

Kris sighed and gave her back one last glance before heading to the detention room.

He was utterly confused. Why was it so hard to talk to her when he could flirt with other girls so easily before? And why was she so bipolar? One time she was so cheerful and happy, and the now she’s completely cold. ‘Let’s see in a week ahead. If she’s still cold as ice, it was probably not because of period’ he thought.

Clearing his mind, he plugged in his earphone and rested his head on the table with his arms underneath, and drifted off.

***

 

A/N:

DO YOU REMEMBER WHO HYERIM IS??? IF YOU DON'T, YOU CAN GO BACK TO CHAPTER 5 .... OR THE ONE BEFORE THAT.__. LOL IDK WHICH ONE, BUT SHE DID MAKE AN APPEARANCE~

HEI LOVELIES READERS *creepy smile*

KAY SO, HOW HAVE YOU BEEN?;u;

Let’s just get to the point, PLEASE LEAVE SOME COMMENTS ABOUT THE STORY AND FEEDBACKS SO I CAN IMPROVE ;~; do I sound too pathetic?,_,)a

To those who already commented, subscribed and upvoted, THANK YOU~ *hugging the screen of my laptop*

Anyways… just asking, do you want me to make a playlist of kpop songs?:3 I’ve been so much into it lately~ I would probably make it on the blog if you agree^^