Finally home

PinoKyo

 

Kyo opened his eyes when he heard sounds of birds chirping so close to him. He looked around and realized he was in the forest where he was turned into a doll months ago. He started to feel scared. He got up and sat under a tree, hoping he would not meet that evil kid again. But then he noticed he could move. He stood up on his feet, looked at his hands, and touched his face.

“I’m back!” Kyo shouted and jumped in joy. Then he looked around, and relieved to find no one. “I should go home!” He tried to remember the road to his house, and started walking. But the forest looked different. There was a little building, seemed like newly built. Kyo walked towards it, and read the writings on the door.

Our son, Pilkyo. If you ever come back, please come home. But if you could not find your way, please stay here. We will come and rescue you. Like we always do. – Mom and Dad

Kyo cried. He now realized how bad of a son he used to be. But until now, his parents were still waiting for him. They even built a shelter, just in case he came back. And he did. He felt grateful that he came back. He entered the small shelter. There was a table with food, a folded mattress, some of his toys, and a calendar. He was surprised when he realized he had been gone for more than eight months. And seeing the place was clean, he knew his parents had just been there recently. He decided to stay there, hoping his parents would come for him and bring him home.

After a few hours waiting in the shelter, Kyo heard noises. He tried to peek from the window, and he saw five people coming towards the shelter. He was hoping it was his parents. He took a deep breath and hid himself under the mattress, afraid if it was not his parents who came.

“Pilkyo?” Kyo heard a man’s voice as soon as the door opened, but he just stayed still. “Son, is that you?” Kyo then realized it was his father’s voice. He moved to peek from the mattress, and yes, it was his father. “Son, you came back.” His father shouted and hugged him tightly. “Son, this is really you right?” Kyo started crying as his father pulled the mattress away from him. “It’s really you.” His father was crying too. “Let’s go home. Your mother would be very happy to see you.” His father lifted him up and carried him out of the shelter. There, Kyo saw his uncle and three of their family’s workers. He felt relieved.

“Is it really him?” Kyo heard his uncle asked. Kyo smiled. “It is him. My naughty nephew!” His uncle ruffled his hair, but pulled his hand back after two seconds. “Sorry. I still remember how you don’t like people touching your hair.” His uncle spoke, earning a chuckle from his father.

After a few minutes walking, they finally arrived at their house. Kyo saw his house was a little different. The decoration wasn’t like how it used to be. His father continued walking towards the stairs, and Kyo knew he was being taken to see his mother. He smiled, couldn’t wait to meet the person he loved the most.

“Honey, our son has come home.” Kyo heard his father spoke as he was being put down on the bed. Kyo turned his head to see his mother. But what he was seeing made him cry. Her mother was lying on the bed, her face pale, her lips chapped dry, and she looked too skinny, unlike how Kyo last saw her.

“Pilkyo…” His mother spoke. “I missed you.” Her voice sounded very weak. Kyo immediately hugged her.

“Mom.” He said as he felt his mother’s fragile body in his embrace. When her mother hugged him back, he cried hard.

“My son… Don’t cry… It’s good now that you’re home… Our family is now complete…” His mother patted his back. His father felt sorry for both of them. He then slowly pulled Kyo away from the sick mother.

“Pilkyo, son, stop crying please.” His father put Kyo on his lap, and wiped his tears. Kyo’s cries eventually stopped.

“What happened to Mom?” He asked his father, his eyes on his mother.

“Since you’ve been gone, we went to the forest every day and night to find you. Even after months, we had not given up. But it had taken its toll on your mother’s health.” His father carefully explained, while his mother looked at him fondly. Kyo then grabbed his mother’s hand, and held his father’s hand in the other.

“I’m sorry.” Kyo spoke as his tears threatened to fall again. “Mom, I’m really sorry for what I had done, what I had become. Dad, I’m sorry. I’ve been a bad son, I did nothing but trouble. I’m really really sorry. Please, Mom, Dad, please forgive me.” Kyo cried as he squeezed his parents’ hands.

“Son… We forgave you a long time ago… We know you didn’t mean what you said or did… You’re our beloved son, and will always be…” His mother spoke. Then his father lied him down next to her mother, while the father next to him.

“I promise I’ll be a good son, a good boy, a good person from now on.” Kyo spoke in his sniffles. He hugged his mother, and his father hugged him.

“We’ll hold on to your promise, son. And we’ll support you all the way.” His father said, earning a nod from his mother.

“Now our family is complete again...” His mother said, and the three of them fell asleep, embracing each other.