A boy named Pilkyo

PinoKyo

 

Once upon a time, there was a cute little boy living with his parents in a huge mansion. The eight-year-old boy was an only child, so his parents and the whole family treated him like he was a prince. Getting used to the treatment, the boy started becoming arrogant; he did not respect the elders and always bullied other kids who lived in the same neighborhood.

“Pilkyo. Why did you do to that boy?” His mother asked when she saw a boy smaller than her son, crying on the ground.

“He did not want to give me his book.” The arrogant boy replied, holding a book in his hands. “So I took it from him.”

“Pilkyo, you should not do that. It is his book. You should ask nicely.” His mother helped the poor little boy get up from the ground, which the latter then immediately ran away from the scene.

“I did. But he did not listen.” The arrogant boy walked into his house, leaving his worried mother.

One day, the arrogant boy was walking in the neighborhood, when he saw a poor-looking house at the end of the road. He stood in front on the small gate, and tried to look inside the yard.

“Wow. There are a lot of woods here. I wonder what the owner does with them.” Suddenly, he saw a wooden doll on the workbench inside the yard. “I had never seen that kind of doll before. The owner must have made it himself.” Pilkyo opened the gate and slowly walked inside the yard. He went to the workbench and picked up the wooden doll.

“Hey who are you?” He heard a boy spoke. He turned and hid the wooden doll behind him. “What are you doing here?”

“I was just passing by. I better go now.” Pilkyo turned and started walking, when the boy stopped him.

“That is mine.” Pilkyo looked up and saw the boy staring at his hands.

“Oh. Here.” He returned the doll to the boy and hurriedly left the place. He then ran to his house. “Mom! Dad!” He shouted as soon as he entered the front door.

“What is it son?” His father ran to get him.

“I want a wooden doll.” He demanded. His mother came and stood next to his father.

“What? Another wooden doll? I thought you already have a lot of dolls.” His mother replied.

“I want a different one. It looks like a real human, but it was made of wood.”

“Where did you see that?” His father asked.

“At the house at the end of the road.”  His parents looked at each other.

“There is no house at the end of the road.” His father replied.

“I saw it just now. It is a small house, the walls are brown, and the roof is black. The yard is a bit messy; there are a lot of woods.” Pilkyo explained, but his parents seemed to not understand.

“Pilkyo, I’m sure you are mistaken. There is only a barn at the end of the road. And it belongs to our family.” His mother said.

“No. I am sure the house is there. I want a wooden doll just like what I see at that house!” Pilkyo shouted and ran to his room. His mother was worried, so his father decided to go and look for the house himself.

That night, Pilkyo was playing with his many toys when his mother came into the room.

“Pilkyo, your father had gone to the place you talked about.”

“He found the house? He got the wooden doll I want?” Pilkyo asked, excited.

“No, Pilkyo. Like we told you earlier, there is no house there. There is only a barn.”

“Are you saying this because you did not want to give me the wooden doll?” Pilkyo shouted. Then his father came into his room. “You don’t love me anymore?”

“Pilkyo. What are you saying?” His father asked him.

“I know you don’t love me anymore. That is why you don’t want to get me the wooden doll.” Pilkyo started crying.

“Son, we have searched all over the neighborhood. There is no house like that.” His father tried to assure him.

“You’re lying! I hate you!” He shouted and ran away from his room, leaving his crying mother and furious father. Pilkyo just ran and ran, until he realized he was far away from his house. “How could they treat their own son like this?” He shouted angrily. He stopped running and looked around him; he was already at the end of the road. Then he remembered about the house. “Where is it?” He walked back and forth to look for the house, but it was not there. Suddenly he saw the wooden doll, lying on the ground. He smirked, and picked up the doll. “Now that I found it, it belongs to me.” He started walking away to go back home, when there was a light coming out from the doll’s eyes. It was so bright; Pilkyo thought he was going blind.

“You want me so bad huh?” He heard a voice.

“Who are you??” Pilkyo shouted as he ducked on the ground.

“You want me so bad; you even hate your parents.”

“I did not. I was just saying that, but I don’t mean it.” Pilkyo started feeling guilty.

“But your parents believe you meant it. You make your parents sad. This is not how a child should behave towards his parents.”

“What do you want??” Pilkyo looked around him, but he saw nothing. Everything was too bright.

“I want to give you what you wanted most.” The voice laughed. Pilkyo wanted to ask what he meant by that, but he suddenly felt he was floating in the air.

“What is happening??” He felt something was holding him that he could not move. “What is happening??” His question was left unanswered. He blinked his eyes, but he saw only the light. A few seconds later, he was back on the ground and he got to see again. “What happened??” He tried to look around him, but he still could not move. He tried to get up from the ground, but his body was frozen. “Help!!” He shouted, but he heard no voice coming out from his mouth. Then, he saw the boy he met earlier. Pilkyo felt relieved that someone was there to help him. As the boy walked closer to him, Pilkyo noticed the boy was bigger than him. He felt he was being lifted up, when he saw the boy’s face right in front of him.

“Hello.” The boy smirked at Pilkyo. “You’re my new doll now.” That moment, Pilkyo realized something bad had happened to him.