Making decision

PinoKyo

 

After lunch, the two boys were walking around the garden, holding each other's hands. Kyo had tried a few times to let go, but Eric only held it tighter.

“Eric-ah, I won’t go anywhere.”

“I know. I’ve wanted to do this since forever.” Eric grinned.

“Liar.” Eric laughed. “One year is not forever.” Kyo said, pulling Eric to sit at the bench.

“Kyo-ya, you remember everything now, right?” Eric asked, squeezing Kyo’s hand.

“I think so.” Eric leaned his head on Kyo’s shoulder.

“Why did you run away from me last night?” Kyo sighed.

“When you told me your name, I started to remember the times I lived with that evil boy. And I thought the evil boy was you.” Eric looked at Kyo with eyes widened. “That’s why I ran. But then you were telling that story at my door. It started off too familiar, I thought you made up the story to lure me out.” Eric giggled. “You did?”

“But you didn’t even open the door.” Eric pouted.

“Your voice was loud and clear, why should I open the door?” Kyo laughed. “I was still a little bit afraid that time, so I just kept it closed.” Eric sighed. “When you continued reading, about the doll meeting the not-so-handsome boy—“

“Hey!!”

“Fine. The doll meeting the quite-handsome boy, I kind of knew it was related to me. Then I got these images, clearer than ever, with your face in all of them.”

“I know you wouldn’t forget my handsome face that easy.” Kyo hit Eric’s head. “What??”

“Did anyone ever tell you that you’re handsome?” Kyo asked, annoyed.

“You did.” Eric grinned.

“Liar. When did I ever tell you that?”

“When we first met?”

“I only said you’re cute.”

“So you do remember everything now.” Eric hugged the boy, feeling so relieved and happy.

“But I didn’t remember giving you my bracelet.”

“You didn’t. Minwoo found it in my toy box.”

“Who’s Minwoo?”

“Oh. He’s my best friend.” Kyo furrowed. “My second best friend, after you, of course.”

“Glad you made some friends.”

“Thanks to you.” Eric pinched Kyo’s nose.

“Can I have it back now?” Eric was confused. “My bracelet?” Eric nodded and took off the bracelet to give to the rightful owner. Kyo looked at it, surprised.

“I’m sorry if you don’t like it.” Eric’s name was carved on the other surface of the bracelet. “I’ll buy you a new one.” But Kyo shook his head.

“This is perfect. Thank you Eric.”

A few hours passed and the boys were still happily chatting.

“Pilkyo!” They turned their heads and saw Kyo’s friends staring at them. Kyo started feeling embarrassed when he realized he was sitting too close to Eric, still holding hands.

“Oh hello.” Eric greeted as he got up and walked to the boys. “I’m Eric, Kyo’s cousin. I’m turning 11 soon.” He smiled and offered his hand. One boy walked up to him and shook his hand.

“Hi. I’m Dongwan. I’m turning 11 too. Next year.” Eric laughed at the boy’s witty answer. Feeling content for having the stranger laughed at his silly joke, Dongwan started introducing the other boys. “This is Junjin, my cousin. He’s only 9, so you can order him around if you want.” Eric laughed again when Junjin hit Dongwan’s back.

“You’re the one getting bullied by Jinnie.” Kyo spoke from behind Eric. The witty boy awkwardly laughed.

“Ah you always take his side.” Dongwan pouted.

“Of course. He’s cuter than you.” Junjin smiled hearing Kyo, so he made his way to Kyo’s side.

“Eric, you’re with me right?” Dongwan asked Eric for backup. Eric looked at Kyo, and the latter glared at him.

“Uh sorry Dongwan. I’m with Kyo too.” Junjin and Kyo laughed seeing Eric walking towards them. Dongwan stomped his feet to his other friends.

“Hyung, we’ll stay with you.” The twin boys named Hyunbin and Wonbin said, frantically nodded when they saw Dongwan’s intense glare. The other three laughed.

 

The boys stopped playing when the sun was setting. Kyo and Eric walked home together, and Eric didn’t forget to hold Kyo’s hand.

“I’m starting to get used to this.” Eric said.

“But I can’t get used to this.” Eric looked at Kyo. “You’re going to leave when the summer is over.”

“It won’t hurt to get used to this while we still have time.” Eric smiled. Kyo didn’t agree with Eric though.

Once they reached the house, Kyo quickly ran up to his room. Eric knew something was bothering his cousin’s mind, but he just let him be. After taking shower, Eric went down for dinner. Kyo wasn’t there yet, so he walked up to his father who was talking with Uncle Jihoon.

“Dad, can I talk to you for a moment?” His father nodded and brought Eric out of the house.

“What is it?” Eric played with the hem of his t-shirt, contemplating on what he was going to say.

“Um… Dad… If I tell you something, ah I mean, if I ask you something, would you please think about it and don’t get mad?” His father furrowed, and eventually nodded.

“Okay.”

“Um… Can I stay here with Kyo?” His father looked at him wide-eyed. And Eric thought he was going to be lectured right at that moment.

“You mean, living here, go to school here, like that?” Eric carefully nodded. “You really love your cousin huh?” Eric smiled, embarrassed. “I’ll talk about it with your mother.” His father ruffled his hair. “We’ll be lonely without you, son.” Eric pouted. “Guess it’s time to have another child.”

“Dad!!” His father laughed while walking away. Eric sighed. “Dad only thinks of having another child now? He should have thought about it years ago! Then I would already have a little brother like Sunho by now.” Eric muttered, stomping his feet into the house. When he was inside, he saw Kyo already seated. He ran to get his cousin. And without looking around, he gave the younger boy a peck on the cheek.

“Hey!” Eric laughed while sitting beside Kyo. The latter was now staring at him with a very annoyed face.

“You’re too cute.” Eric grinned seeing Kyo blushing.

“They’re so cute together.” Kyo’s mother suddenly spoke, gathering everyone’s attention towards the two boys. “Eric, you like Pilkyo?” Kyo felt blood rushing to his head. Why would his mother ask that to Eric?

“I love Kyo!” Eric excitedly answered, and the adults laughed. Eric then leaned closer to the red-faced boy beside him. “I love you.” He whispered. Kyo just lowered his head because he was sure his face was now as red as the tomato in his plate.