Happy ever after

PinoKyo

 

When Eric woke up the next morning, he noticed Kyo was already awake.

“Good morning Kyo.” He snuggled to the boy beside him. “Why didn’t you wake me up?”

“It is still early.”

“Why did you wake up so early?”

“I don’t know. Maybe because you’re leaving today?” Kyo calmly said, and Eric felt his heart breaking again.

“Let’s wash up.” Eric got up and pulled Kyo from the bed.

 

The two boys walked together to the dining room and welcomed by the adults who were talking happily.

“Boys!” Kyo’s father greeted. Eric smiled but Kyo just sighed as he took his place. During breakfast, Eric kept on teasing Kyo; he put lots of food into the boy’s plate, he switched their glasses, he stole food from the younger one’s plate, he drank from Kyo’s glass, he pinched Kyo’s cheek; but Kyo didn’t even get annoyed at the situation. Eric knew his cousin was still in denial.

Kyo went to feed the horses right after breakfast. He didn’t have the mood to talk to anyone, especially Eric. But thinking that he only had little time left to spend with his cousin, he was mad at himself for being selfish.

From afar, Eric was looking sadly at Kyo.

“Son, are you sure about this?” Eric’s father asked, and Eric just nodded.

After feeding the horses, Kyo weakly walked to his room to continue sleeping.

“Take a shower first. You smell like horses.”

He chuckled remembering Eric’s words, so he immediately went to the bathroom. When Kyo had finished taking his shower, he noticed a piece of paper under his door. His heart was beating fast when he picked it up to read.

Kyo, I’ll see you very soon. – Eric

Kyo was at loss for words. He didn’t expect to receive a note, so he was happy to get one. But seeing only those 7 words, it made him even sadder than yesterday. He then locked his door and slumped on the bed to sleep. He didn’t want to see Eric, or anyone at all. And again, he cried his heart out.

 

“Pilkyo?” Kyo heard his Uncle Jihoon called from outside the room. “Are you sleeping?” Kyo got up from his bed and opened the door. He knew Eric had already left. “Aigoo what happened? Were you crying?” Tears started flowing down his cheeks again. Uncle Jihoon immediately hugged the little boy.

“Uncle…”

“Why didn’t you say goodbye? They left without seeing you.” His uncle patted his back, but the boy kept on crying. “You really love Junghyuk—err Eric, huh?” Kyo nodded. “Don’t worry. You’ll see him again soon.” Uncle Jihoon let him go, showing him an envelope. Kyo wiped his teary eyes. “From Eric.” His uncle then left him. Kyo made his way to his bed and inhaled deeply while staring at the writings on the envelope.

Pretty boy

He always hated when people around him called him pretty. But since he met Eric, the term ‘pretty boy’ kind of stuck to him. And because it sounded nice coming out from Eric’s mouth, he didn’t even mind when Eric called him that. With a wide smile on his face, he opened the letter.

To my dearest pretty boy, the prettiest boy in the world. The cutest one too. The one with the blackest soft hair, which I was jealous of. The boy whose cheeks are soft and kissable. The boy who are so squishy and huggable. The skinny boy who loves to eat a lot.

Kyo laughed.

Are you crying? I hope you’re not. I hate seeing you cry. You used to cry a lot back then, and I always blamed myself for it.

Kyo felt guilty.

Remember about the promise I made before we separated last year? You asked me if I would ever look for you if you’re gone. Guess what? I found you Kyo!!

Kyo smiled.

I always kept my words. And this time, I promise you I’ll meet you soon. So just trust my words and smile. Would you do that Kyo? For me?

Kyo nodded.

If you feel lonely, go and play with your friends. Or play with the horses. As long as you aren’t alone. Ahh I missed the boys and the horses already.

Kyo chuckled.

You’re smiling now right? That’s good. Now that you feel better, I have something for you. A special present. In my room.

Kyo widened his eyes.

What are you waiting for? Go and get it now.

Kyo immediately got up and ran to Eric’s room. The moment he opened the door, smell of Eric tickled his nose, and tears started forming in his eyes again. Seeing the empty room, he looked back at the letter.

Do you see the books on the table?

Kyo looked up and saw a few story books belonged to Eric. One particular book caught his attention. It was entitled ‘PinoKyo’, written by Eric himself. He opened the cover and saw a small note.

If you miss me, read these books.

Kyo smiled, checking out all the books. Thinking that there would be more, he looked at the letter again.

Now, do you see a little box on the side table?

Kyo walked to the side table and grabbed the box. When he opened the lid, there was a key with a note under it.

If you still miss me after reading, lock yourself in this room and think of me.

Kyo laughed. Why would he do that? Besides, his room was far better than Eric’s room. Once again, he looked at the letter.

Happy now? I guess that’s enough at the moment. But— I have something even special.

Kyo’s heart started beating fast.

If you could open the closet—

Kyo rushed over to Eric’s closet and swung it opened. Too shocked to see what was in the closet, he fell backward on the floor.

“Hi Kyo. We meet again.”

Kyo started crying. He rubbed his eyes to make sure he was seeing it for real. “Kyo, it’s me.” It was Eric, smiling brightly at him. Kyo immediately got up and hugged his cousin. “Why are you crying? Aishh I thought you’d be happy seeing me again.”

“I am!” Eric laughed hearing Kyo shouted at his ear. “But I thought—”

“I had left?” Kyo nodded. “I’m staying here, Kyo. I’m staying here for good.” As Kyo’s embrace tightened, Eric spun the boy around. Eric felt at ease hearing Kyo giggled.

“Thank you Eric.” Kyo said; and Eric could see happiness gleamed in his eyes. 

“Seeing you this shocked, I’m sure you didn’t read the whole letter.” Kyo looked around the floor to find the letter he had thrown away earlier. Eric picked it up and showed it to his cousin. Kyo continued reading.

If you could open the closet, you would see me. The handsome boy. Surprise!!!!!

“Now that I see you this close, you do look handsome, Eric.” Kyo said while laughing.

“I forgive you for only noticing it now.” Eric pouted.

“You’re so cute.”

“You’re cuter. And sweeter. And prettier.” Kyo laughed upon Eric’s words.

“Hey, I’m still a boy.”

“I know. You’re the prettiest, the sweetest, the cutest boy I’ve had ever seen!” Eric squeezed Kyo in his arms. "And we'll be together forever."

“I love you Eric.”

“I love you too Kyo.”

 

 

An old man was looking through his crystal ball when he saw the young master and the foreign-looking boy laughing happily. Feeling satisfied, he closed the ball with a cloth.

“My work here is done.”

 

 

 

END

Dec 22, 2013 - Feb 28, 2014


 

A/N: This finally reached its ending! :')

It was a roller-coaster ride (yes!), it almost turned into angst, and I nearly gave up halfway. But thanks to your support, I was inspired to keep it going.

Thanks so much, everyone! Really, sincerely, thank you. *bow*