Eric's new friend

PinoKyo

 

The next morning, Eric woke up feeling his chest heavy. He looked down, and saw Kyo’s head leaning to his chest while his hand on Eric’s waist. Eric started to blush. He grabbed Kyo’s hand and put it away from him. Then he slowly got off from the bed, and looked at the sleeping boy.

“Too cute.” He chuckled, and went to the bathroom for a morning business. When he returned, Kyo still hadn’t wake up. He kneeled on the floor beside the bed, and stared at his new friend. He reached his hand to Kyo’s head and touched his hair. “Your hair is soft.”

“I know.” Eric was shocked hearing Kyo. He pulled back his hand and stood up. “Morning.” Kyo got up and sat on the bed, the blanket still wrapped around him. “It’s Sunday right?” Eric nodded. “Why did you wake up so early?” Kyo yawned.

“Because there was a person sleeping next to me.” Kyo laughed hearing Eric’s excuse.

“So what are we going to do today?”

“You want to go out?” Kyo shook his head.

“I couldn’t go out. What would people say when they see you with me?” Eric nodded. “Let’s just play here like yesterday. I bet you have many other toys and games considering the fact that you don’t have any friend.” Kyo smiled.

“First, let’s take a shower.” Eric suggested, but he himself blushed upon his words. “Um.. I’ll take a shower first.” Kyo chuckled. Then Eric immediately grabbed his towel and went to the bathroom, while Kyo just watched him, amused. After a few minutes, Eric came back. “Your turn.” He took a new towel and a pair of clothes from his closet, and gave them to Kyo. When Kyo returned from the bathroom, Eric laughed.

“Your clothes are too big for me.” Kyo sat next to Eric on the bed. “I’m hungry.”

“I know. I was waiting for you.” Eric then got up and went to have breakfast with his parents. Kyo could hear Eric’s laughter, and that made him felt a little jealous. When Eric came back, he brought waffles, toasts, eggs, bacons, and a glass of milk. Seeing all that, Kyo smiled, satisfied.

After breakfast, the two boys started playing toys, games, and whatever Eric had in his room.

“I’m tired. Let’s read some books.” Eric finally said after playing for the whole day. He sat on the floor and grabbed some books nearby.

“No thanks.” Kyo just played with his toys.

“Come. I’ll read for you.” Eric patted the space next to him and looked fondly at Kyo. The latter gave in and sat down beside Eric.

“The Little Mermaid?” Eric smiled and started reading. After a few minutes, Kyo spoke again. “Hey. Is it because you have the same name like the prince?” Eric nodded, grinning. Then he continued reading.

“Kyo-ya, why are you crying?” Eric asked when he saw tears flowing down Kyo’s cheeks after the story ended.  

“It’s kind of a sad story.” Kyo wiped his tears.

“Yeah. But they got their happy ending.” Eric smiled and looked at his friend.

“Will everyone get a happy ending?” Kyo suddenly asked.

“Of course. Especially if he’s a good person.”  Kyo’s tears started flowing again. “What’s wrong?” Eric wiped the tears with his fingers.

“A bad person won’t get a happy ending?”

“If he changes to a good person, he will.” Kyo nodded.

“I’m sleepy.” Kyo got up from the floor and lied on the bed, facing the window. Then he felt the bed moved as Eric sat beside him.

“Are you okay Kyo?” Kyo just nodded. “If you have anything you want to say, I’m all ears.”

“I just want to sleep.” Kyo said with his eyes closed. Eric left Kyo and went to read some more books on the floor. “Eric-ah…”

“Yes?” Eric looked up.

“Do you think I’m a good person?” Kyo asked while looking at the night sky.

“Of course. You’re nice, cute, and funny too.”

“You said that because I’m your only friend right?”

“It’s not that. For me, you are a good person. Even if you’re not human, I’ll think of you as my friend.”

“Thanks Eric.” Kyo closed his eyes to sleep. Eric then got up and gave a peck on Kyo’s cheek.

“Goodnight Kyo.”

 

 

Kyo woke up from sleep when he felt being shaken.

“Kyo-ya. Wake up.” He opened his eyes, and saw Eric’s sad face.

“Why? What’s wrong?” Kyo rubbed his eyes while sitting up.

“It’s Monday.” Eric replied.

“You’re going to school?” Eric nodded, still looked sad. “I’ll be fine.”

“But I won’t. I’ll be missing you.” Eric leaned his head on Kyo’s shoulder. “Should I skip school today?”

“No!!” Kyo shouted, making Eric startled. “You shouldn’t skip school. I’ll be fine here.” Kyo faked a smile.

“Won’t you miss me?” Eric pouted.

“Of course I will. But we’ll see each other when you get home.” Eric nodded, and got up.

“There’s your food on the table.” Eric said from the door. “Don’t worry about making noises, Mom won’t be at home until lunch.” Kyo nodded. “I’m going.”

“Okay. Take care, Eric. Don’t forget to smile and make friends.” Kyo smiled. All of a sudden, Eric ran up to Kyo and hugged him.

“I’ll see you after school okay?” Eric spoke as Kyo ruffled his hair. Feeling Kyo nodded, Eric let go and left the room. Kyo went to the window and waited for Eric. When he saw Eric leaving the house, he smiled. Suddenly, Eric turned and looked at the window. Kyo saw Eric was smiling at him. He waved at Eric, and Eric then continued walking to school. Kyo just sighed.