Chapter 9

My Cold Partner
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seohyun stared blankly at the ceiling of their tent. That night was a bit cold. She couldn’t sleep at all and after a while of thinking, she finally decided to go outside.

She looked to her side and found out that Nicole was deep in her sleep. Slowly she got up from her lying position and took her sweater before crawling out of the tent. She tried not to make any sounds to make sure she didn’t disturb her friend’s sleep. After wearing her shoes, she zipped down the tent’s door.

She looked at her surrounding and found out there’s nobody outside since they’re all sleeping in their own tents. Since it was cold, she went to the campfire and squatting down near it to warm her body.

 

 

When she was busy observing the place out of boredom, she felt like she saw someone was sitting on the big rock not far from the camping site. She stood up to make sure and she was right, someone was sitting there. Since it was kinda dark, she couldn’t figure out who that person was.

She slowly walked to the big rock and tried to figure out who the person was. That person was sitting on the big rock with his back facing her but as she got closer, she finally knew who the person was. She was able to know it just by seeing his back figure.

That person was none other than her cold partner, Luhan. She suddenly got an idea. Slowly she walked from behind and decided to surprise him by suddenly appeared.

“Waaa!!!” she screamed but not too loud to make him surprised by plopping her head so suddenly. Since the rock was too big and the height was almost same with her height, only her head can be seen. She was expecting him to give any reaction but all she got was a poker face on his face.

“What?” Luhan raised his eyebrow.

Seohyun pouted and tried to climb the big rock by stepping on another not so big rock “I thought you will get scared?”

“No one will get scared if it was you, new student” he scoffed.

“No one will get scared if it was you, new student” she copied his words as if she was challenging his temper while struggling to get on the rock.

After a while of difficulties, she finally managed to get on. She sat beside him.

“What do you think you’re doing here?” he asked.

“Me? I can’t sleep” she hugged her knees and joined him by looking at the night sky which filled with beautiful stars.

“You can’t sleep as well?” she asked him and he just hummed meaning that he can’t sleep too.

“Aaah~~ so beautiful” Seohyun raised her hand in the air, acting like she was catching the stars above. Luhan turned his head and looked at her. She was playing with her hands in the air with a smile on her face. Her face was glowing because of the moonlight. He stared at her side profile and realized that she’s beautiful. He doesn’t know why but he felt comfortable with her by his side.

Other girls would just give up their intention to be close with him because of his cold personality but she’s different. He found that she’s persistent. She was still smiling to him even though he was giving her cold shoulders. Her smile that he found disturbing him in the first place was actually a smile that made him felt at ease now.

He averted his gaze from her when he felt something unusual inside his heart- something that make him feel like want to smile.

“It’s beautiful, right?” she suddenly spoke as she’s still looking at the sky.

“Grandpa say, mom and dad are there. Among those beautiful and shining stars” she added and he sensed a longing feeling in her voice.

“Luhan…how does the feeling of having parents by our side?” Luhan who was fixing his hair out of habit stopped his action when he heard her question.

After a while of silence, he answered “That question…you should ask other people about it”

Seohy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter