Chapter 14

My Cold Partner
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was still early in the morning. Birds were flying around and sometimes alighted on the tree’s branches, chirping melodic sounds. The day started to be busy with people getting ready to get work while teenagers getting ready to go to school. And Seohyun was not the exception. There, in her kitchen, she was busy preparing a lunchbox for someone else. She was already in her school uniform but an apron was wrapped around her waist.

A smile plastered on her face as she put the rolled eggs in a medium size container using a chopstick. As to what he wanted, she made a lot of rolled eggs. She realized that he began to like eating food made by her especially rolled eggs. She was feeling happy with what she was doing and she prepared it with sincerity and of course, love. She just hoped that he somehow can feel the love she has for him.

“Done!” she cheered happily and clapped her hands.

Before placing the containers in a small paper bag, Seohyun closed her eyes and prayed. She prayed that Luhan will like her cooking more and more. She’s willing to cook for him anytime he wants.

 

 

At the school, students were busy preparing for the School Festivals. They ran here and there with some of them were busy carrying the things need for the awaiting days. Some were talking in group seriously and their conversation was no other than about their roles for the festival. Students in charge of building booths or stand where goods are displayed for sale were working diligently. The music club’s students were busy practising for their performances on the second day of the festival which is also the last day. They worked together to make the stage beautiful and dreamlike. 

The whole school were filled with noises everywhere.  The sounds of music coming from the hall and music room, voices of students practising the soccer from the field and sounds of hammers being knocked on the woods and boards, mixed together. 

 

 

The busy atmosphere around the school finally over for a while since it’s already reached break time. Everyone stopped whatever they’re doing and rushed out to the school café to have a lunch. The place was filled with students having their meals and talking to each other.  Seohyun, Lay and Nicole were still on their way to the school café and Seohyun however seemed to have something to tell them but she was shy. She thought that maybe Luhan must have been waiting for the lunchbox that time. Nicole who saw the paper bag she was holding asked. 

“Seohyun-ah, what’s in the paper bag?”

 “It’s a luchbox I made for someone” she answered happily with her bright eyes, earning ‘ooh’s and ‘aah’’s from Nicole and Lay.

“For who?” Lay asked.

 “ Lu-Luhan” Seohyun answered with a low voice because she was suddenly feeling too shy about it. Lay on the other hand giggled.

“But why suddenly-” Nicole was about to asked her again but was interrupted when Lay had already put his arm around the girl neck and dragged her away.

Seohyun chuckled seeing the view. Lay raised his hand and waved her.

“Go now, Seohyun. Luhan must have been waiting for you now” the dimples guy said while the smiley eyes girl was struggling to escape from him. 

“Have a nice rest with him, Seohyun” Nicole said and then bitted Lay’s arm. The guy yelled in pain.

“Yah! You! I’ll make your eyes more small and hard to see”

“And I’ll pierce your dimples until it were deep and hard for you to talk” her classmates were still busy arguing on their way entering the café and Seohyun walked away to find her partner.

 

 

Seohyun walked to the school field happily with the paper bag in her hand. She saw that they had just finished their practise and were on their way to have lunch with the other students. 

Seohyun eyes were searching for him while bowing to the boys that passed her. Some of them were trying to have her attention by naughtily blocking her way.

“Hi, Seohyun. Do you want to eat with us?” 

“Err…no, thanks” she refused and that’s when she saw Luhan who was sitting under a tree near the field with his back leaning against it. The guys followed her gaze and mentally slapped themselves for forgetting that she was their captain’s partner. They excused themselves and walked away- doesn’t want their captain to scold them again like how he scolded them the other day for losing focus because of her.

Seohyun giggled and went to Luhan who was now wiping the sweats on hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter