Chapter 11

My Cold Partner
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Seohyun was sitting on the couch while sipping her hot chocolate drink. The clock hang against the wall showed 15 minutes before 7 o’clock. At this time, she was supposed to get ready and go to school but today she was going to stay home because her injured ankle didn’t fully heal yet.

The morning breeze entered her living room through the door of the balcony and she felt fresh. However, her mind was still thinking about her bracelet that she lost. After she and Luhan were rescued by Mr. Seungho and the others, she was directly sent to home after getting a treatment for her injured ankle. Sadly, she didn’t get a chance to find it.

“Mianhae omma…appa” she feel bad for losing such an important thing left by them.

Ding ~dong~

Just then, the bell was sounded, breaking the silence. She looked at the door, wondering who could that be in the early morning. Carefully and slowly, she went towards the door.  It’s only hurt a little so she still can walk.

She opened the door as a guy stood before her, the usual non-expression was all over his face. Frowns were plastered on her forehead as she tilted her head.

“Luhan?”

She was about to ask him the reason he was seeing her when he suddenly took her hand and placed something on her palm. Without telling her what was it, he just turned around and walked away- entering the elevator.

As his figure disappeared from her sight, she looked at her palm and her eyes widen. She didn’t know she either she was happy or shock seeing it. Probably it was the combination of both. She closed the door and walked to her room with the bracelet in her hand. Yes, her mom’s bracelet that she lost. She didn’t know how he managed to find it. She didn’t care if it was painful to walk with her injured ankle because all that matter is she wanted to thank him.

 

Class has started. The students were sitting on their respective seat as their History teacher was teaching in front.

“All understand?” the teacher asked after he finished discussing a topic.

“Yes~” they replied.

“So, I want…Nicole, can you explain the class what you had learnt?” the teacher asked her to come in front and she nodded before stood up from her seat. She started explaining that she had learnt from the lesson.

The smiley eyes girl was about to finish explaining when a soft knock on the classroom door can be heard. All eyes were on the close door. The teacher told whoever that had knock the door to come in and there she was.

“Seohyun-ah” Nicole looked at the girl worriedly.

“I’m sorry for coming late, sir” Seohyun bowed apologetically.

“Seo Joo Hyun, are you okay? You don’t have to come to school if your injury is not heal yet” the teacher asked in concerned.

“I’m okay, sir. I-I just feel bored staying at home”

“If you say so, then go and sit at your place. Nicole, help her” Seohyun bowed and went to her seat with the help from Nicole. Even though she said she can walk by herself, she insisted on helping her. She decided to go to school because she wanted to thank Luhan for finding her bracelet. But, as she looked at Luhan’s seat, there’s no him.

“Where’s Luhan?” she asked the smiley eyes girl in whispering tone as Nicole helped her settled on her seat.

“As usual, he skipped classes again” Nicole told her before she went back to her own seat.

 

Seohyun could not concentrate, she was in class and yet all she thinks about is him. Wondering where did he go. The class was almost over for the day and yet he didn’t enter the class. Seohyun looked at the empty seat beside her and pouted. She wanted to see him.

She then looked at the class window and sighed. As their teacher was busy writing something on the blackboard, she slowly got up from her seat and moved to Luhan’s seat. She felt so comfortable sitting there. Looking out the window, like what Luhan always do, she put her hand under her chin as her elbow supported it. She gazed out the window with a pout still plastered on her face.

A few seconds after, she saw a group of guys entered the soccer field. She assumed they were the member of football club but she saw no sign of him. Just then she saw a guy entered the field with a ball. Since the soccer field could be seen clearly from the seat, she knew who’s the person is. A smile finally appeared again on her face as she watched him.

 

“Seohyun-ah, do you want me to accompany you home?” Nicole went to Seohyun who was packing her stuff into her bag.

“It’s okay. I can go home by myself”

Nicole frowned worriedly “Really? But you look uncomfortable while walking”

“Don’t worry. I’m okay” she smiled assuring and the smiley eyes girl just shrugged her shoulder.

“So, I’ll go now. Take care” Nicole went out the classroom as she waved cutely to her. Seohyun grinned and waved back cutely as well. She was glad to have a kind friend like Nicole.

 

Seohyun went out from the classroom happily.

“Seohyun?” a voice called her from the back. She turned around only to see her classmate, Lay together with Suho.

Seohyun smiled to them and bowed respectfully to the elder guy “Anyeonghaseyo, sunbae-nim”

“No need to speak formally Seohyun. Since you’re Luhan’s partner, that’s mean you’re my dongsaeng as well” Suho said just like a brother talking to his younger sister.

“So, where are you going? You seem in a hurry” the dimple guy asked her.

“I- I want to see Luhan” she answered and the two guy smiled teasingly, knowing this bright girl wanted to see their so-cold friend.

While grinning playfully, Lay saw the bracelet around Seohyun’s wrist. He tilted his head.

“So, it’s yours?” he suddenly asked while pointing at her wrist.

“Nae?”

“That bracelet. I saw it with Luhan before”

“Ohh..this, actually I lost it when we’re in the forest and I thought I would never find it again. But, don’t know how, Luhan found it and he just gave me this morning” she said happily as the two guy listened carefully.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter