Chapter 17

My Cold Partner
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There at the park, a girl was chasing after a 5 years old boy. They were laughing happily especially the little boy, who was playfully avoiding from being caught by the older one. He was running around with his cute short legs without getting tired. 


“Noona~ Catch me if you can~” he stick his tongue out cheekily and when the girl finally managed to catch him, she wrapped her arms around his small waist.


“I got you, little naughty boy!”Seohyun exclaimed as they fall down on the grass together. She tickled him causing the little boy to let out his giggles while asking her to let him go. There’s no way she will let him go because that boy ran too fast despite his short legs and small body. Although he often stumbled down on the ground, he didn’t cry but kept on running around. Indeed, he is a strong boy.


“I’m not going to let you go again, Yoongeun. Noona is tired. Oh God I suddenly feeling so old already.” Seohyun trapped him in a bear hug while resting her head on his small shoulder. Yoongeun let out his giggle and pat her head, acting like he was a big child. 


“Okay, okay. Let’s rest now” Yoongeun laid down on the grass as he rest his small head on Seohyun’s lap. She ran her fingers on his hair while watching him put his hands up in the air, as if trying to catch the clouds. They spent their time there until she realized that he was there sitting on the bench while watching them. She told Yoongeun that he was there already and the little boy immediately rose up and ran to him. Luhan just got back after buying something for them to eat. 


Yoongeun beamed happily as he saw the big plastic bag placed near Luhan. He climbed on Luhan’s lap and began to eat his ice-cream. The older one secured him around his arms to prevent him from falling down because he was too excited that Luhan had bought his favourite foods. Seohyun smiled as she walked to them and sat beside him. They shared a moment of eye locking before he gave a bottle of water after opening the lid for her. She smiled in pure happiness because he really changed into a more caring person towards her. She can feel his love through his every action. Her mind drifted back to their moment days ago.

 

~Flashback~


The smiling Seohyun was heading to the school field with a paper bag contained lunchbox in her hand. There, she saw him lying under the tree like he used to. He has been in that area since the morning because he skipped classes again. Nevertheless, he still one of the students who always done well in exams. How she wishes he always be in class. She went to him and sat beside him quietly. When he sensed that someone was sitting beside him, he opened his eyes and the first thing he saw was the beautiful face of hers.


He cleared his throat before he sat up with his back against the tree. He stared at her and her lips formed a smile. 
“Here. Lunchbox with rolled eggs” she took out the lunchbox from the paper bag and opened the lid for him. He ate the food and sometimes throwing his gaze to the field. Seohyun watched as he was eating the food and smile whenever he shoved the rolled eggs into his mouth. His favourite rolled eggs.


After he finished eating the food, he stood up and took the soccer ball with him. Seohyun just watched him bouncing the ball with his legs and sometimes he would clicked his tongue in annoyance if the tricks he made with the ball failed. But she wondered why he still didn’t say anything ever since the morning. That morning he waited for her in front of the apartment building but their walk to school was filled with silence. And added to that, he skipped classes…so. They did confessed their feelings to each other the night before which is during the School Festival’s closing ceremony. However judging by their situation right now, it was as if they never did confessing. 

Seohyun suddenly feeling uneasy. Her minds started to think negatively. What if he actually regretted for confessing to her or maybe he didn’t really mean it. But she can feel it, she can feel his love through the kisses they shared that night. She then remembered her conversation with Nicole earlier. The smiley eyes girl was congratulating her for finally able to confess her feelings to Luhan. As expected, Seohyun can warm his cold heart. She even said how lucky Seohyun is to have a boyfriend like him and how lucky Luhan is for having a bright and sweet girlfriend.


 Hearing the words ‘boyfriend and girlfriend’, Seohyun wondered…Are they now in terms of Boyfriend and Girlfriend? Is he treating her as a girl he loves? 


Inhaling a deep breath, she stood up. “Luhan…” she called his name but he didn’t turned to look at her, still busying himself with the ball. She called his name again.


Please Subscribe to read the full chapter