Chapter 1

My Cold Partner
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Grandpa, I’m going now” a girl bid goodbye to her grandfather, earning a nod from him a second later.

“Be careful on your way and please take care of yourself when you’re there. It’s a big place so don’t easily trust people you don’t know”

“Don’t worry grandpa. After all I’m all grown up now” she showed her usual smile.

“You’re always a kid in my eyes Seo Joo Hyun” the old man patted his granddaughter head, feeling a little sad that he need to let go of her so that she can study in a better school. It’s not that she didn’t like her former school. It’s just because she thought that she can’t further her talents in music if she just stays in that school since it’s just an ordinary high school in countryside. She got to enter Jung Sang High School in Seoul.

“Grandpa never expected we’ll live separately from now on” the old man said again with a sad tone.

“Aye, don’t be like this grandpa. How can I go when I knew you’re feeling sad?”

 “Arasso. Aishh this kid.You should get going now or you’ll missed the bus”

“I’ll get going now. Don’t forget to eat on time and always take care of your health, grandpa” she hurriedly went to the bus while dragging her pink luggage with her. Before she entered it, she waved her hand to her grandpa with a bright smile plastered on her beautiful face.

When she already got on her seat, she opened the window and shouted “I’ll call you when I’m arrive there, grandpa! Don’t worry about me and I’m gonna miss you!” she waved her hands to him again and earning a smile from the old man.

When the bus took off, her grandpa figure slowly disappeared from the sight. She leaned her back to the seat and silently cried. She’d been holding back her tears since a while. It’s so sad that she need to leave her grandpa. He’s been by her side since she was a child. Her parents had passed away since she was three years old because of an accident and she’s living with her grandpa since then. He’s a mother and also a father in her life.

“Grandpa, where’s mom and dad?” a five years old Seo Hyun asked her grandpa as they’re sitting on a wooden bench while gazing to the night sky.

“Seo Hyun…your parents became stars in the vast starry sky above us” the little girl looked at the stars in the sky.

“I miss them”

“I miss your parents too but what can we do?God loves them more and I’m sure they’re happy now seeing you from above”

“Are you lonely because your mom and dad aren’t here?”he asked.

“Nope,I’m not the least bit lonely ,because I have you, grandpa!”the little girl answered while smiling widely. Her grandpa chuckled seeing his adorable granddaughter.

“You’re such a good girl. Just like your parents. Well, I’ll always be by your side, so smile always, okay?”

“Nae!!”

“I’m really gonna miss you,grandpa. You don’t have to worry because you’ve taught me well to be independent”

 

 

Seohyun looked at the piece of paper that contained the address of her apartment. It’s a relief that she got an apartment as a home for her to live. It’s all thanks to money that her mom and dad save for her in the bank before they gone. Gratefully, the money were used for good.

“Where should I go?” she mumbled as she stood in front of a shop with the pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter