Chapter 11

Unrequited

YongGuk P.O.V.

 

I was nervous all day for me and Natalie's date. But I was excited for it at the same time. 7 was rolling around pretty fast so I psyched myself up and got ready to head to her home. On the way there I decided to pick up some flowers for the occasion. I arrived to her place shortly after. I  walked up to her building and hit the button to be buzzed in.

"Who is it?" she said laughing at me through the camera

"It's me silly." I said

She opened the door and I made a small gasp. She looked stunning. She had on a cute dress not to fancy just right and her hair was down in loose tendrils shaping her face.

"You look beautiful" I said smiling and handing her the flowers I got for her.

"Thank you. These are beautiful. Come in while I go put these in some water. "

She took me by the hand and lead me in and took me to her couch.

She walked away with the flowers and went to the kitchen to find a vase. "Hey Guk where are you taking me?" She called out. "Not the usual spot. Somewhere different, I hope you like it."

"I will because you'll be there."

I blushed. She's too much.

"I'm ready lets's go."

We drove to the restaurant with a lot of chatter and laughter and it contiuned in the restuarant. We talked about any and everything under the moon. We talked about our favorite colors, movies, music, friendships and we also talked about serious subjects like our career paths, where we see ourselves in 10 years and what we thought our purpose in life was. It felt good getting to know her and letting her know me. I haden't taken intrest in someone in a long time. It felt good. It felt right. I just wanted to know all about her. The date was going great. Great food,atmosphere service. It was a great night.

While talking I see the waiter coming from the corner of my eye.

"Natalie do you want dessert?" I asked her

"YES! But not here. Can I take you somewhere?

I nodded my head and the waiter arrived and I asked for the check.

"Where are you taking me?" I said mimiking her from earlier. "It's a nice little quiet place. It's not to far from the hangout. They have amazing desserts there, I hope you like it." "I will because you'll be there." I said laughing a little as I saw her face redden a little.

"Did I sound that cheesy?"

"Yes, yes you did". She laughed

'Come lets go". I paid the bill and we headed back to my car. We drove for a bit and she told me to stop and park.

"We can walk from here. It's close" she said. We got out of the car and walked hand in hand. "This place has amazing Apple Pie. It's right here." She pointed to a place that I had always walked passed and never noticed it. "I come by here every other day and I never knew this was here. "You should pay more attention to your surroundings! There are a lot of cool places in the nooks of Seoul. I'll show you some sometime." she said smiling." We entered what seemed to be a diner. It had a warm and cozy atmosphere lots of reds and browns in the color scheme. And you could smell something good baking, something with cinnamon. "Let's sit here." she said as she motioned toward a booth next to a wide window. We took a seat and a waiter was with us quickly.

"Long time no see stranger." the waiter said . "Hey Changmin what are you doing out here?"

"Kwon went to pick up something for me really quick. So I'm manning the fort." he said smiling at her. "Oh this is my date YongGuk. YongGuk this is Changmin the best baker in the world!". she said with gleaming eyes. He laughed as we shook hands "I'm glad you think that ice to meet you YongGuk. What can I get you guys?" "Apple pie and Ice cream!" Natalie said "I have one right in the oven and a slice has your name on it. How about you YongGuk?" "Same as her please." "Alright give me about 5 minutes." Changmin said turning around as he headed to the kitchen.

"Hey Guk, I didn't ask you this earlier but it's been on my mind." she said

"You can ask me anything what's up?"

"Why doesn't Minha like me?" "Huh?" "Yeah from the look of things she can't stand me." She said laughing "Don't tell me you didn't notice?" she stared at me wide eyed. "I thought maybe she was having a bad day or something. I did notice the snarky comments last time. I'll talk to her." "Please do. I don't want to cause any problems with you guys. I feel like me and her could be good friends." she said smiling. "How did you guys become friends anyway?" I told her the story about us meeting at the bus. As I told her the story she looked as if she was pondering something.

"Oh that's why." she said after I finished talking

"What?" "Nothing" "It is something----" I was cut off by Changmin bringing us our dessert. "Let's dig in!" We both took a bite of our apple pie slices and locked eyes."

"Bomb right?" I nodded my head. I can see why she said Changmin was the best baker. It was really good. We contined to eat in a comfortable silence catching each other glances. I finshed up my last bite of ice cream and sighed in content. "That was really good." I said smiling at her. "I can tell" she said laughing. "Huh?" she leaned over and kissed me to my surprise. "You had a little ice cream on your face." We both started laughing and smiling at each other.

 

Minha P.O.V.

Night had fallen as I took a walk to my favorite place. I just wanted some apple pic all of a sudden so there was no time like the present. As I made my way up to the door I could see the baker standing in front of the seat I usuallly sit in. So I just took my next favorite seat that was toward the back. You could everything from this seat so that's why I liked it. I took my seat and got comfortable as Kwon walked through the door. He saw me and mouthes "The usual?" and I nodded. He took off his coat and headed to the back. I looked over to check out the people in my usual spot and I gasped. Natalie and Guk were sitting there. I felt dumbfounded just looking on to them. "How do they know about this place. JoKwon brought me my apple pie and sat it down in front of me.

"You okay Minha?" he asked voice filled with concern.

"Yeah I'm fine Jokwon." "Okay if you say so." He gave me one last look and he turned away to go to another customer. I tried focusing on my apple pie but I couldn't stop looking at them. Laughing and carefree. That should be me was all I could think . As I kept watching she leaned it and kissed him. Right then I couldn't take it anymore. I got out of my seat and left money for the apple pie I had one bite of. I didn't really feel like apple pie anymore. Leaving the diner I stepped under the cold street lights and headed home. I felt something wet hit my cheek and realized I was crying.

"You know it's not to late right?"  I turned around to see the that P.O. something guy standing behind me. I was already upset and this joke shows up to make things worse.

"What do you want?" I asked annoyed

"To help a pretty girl get what she desires. I can still make that happen."

I just kept seeing Natalie kissing Guk. Over and over again. I just wanted him to know know my feelings. I wanted him to have the same feelings for me. I started feeling like I was loosing it.

"You know what fine. Do what you must."

"Are you sure? Are you consciously here with me?" I looked at him weirdly "Yes I am." He smiled. Then let's shake on it.

As we shook hands his hair turned from a deep black to a vibrant red. He looked shocked for a minute then smirked. "Well that's new." and he dissapered. I stood there in disbelief.

"What did I just do?"

 

********************************************************

 

Hey guys I hope you enjoyed the update. There will be another one up by Sunday for a friends birthday! Hopefully I can stay on a roll and finish this stroy by the end of this month or at least the beginning of November. Until next time!