Chapter 6

Unrequited

 

 

We're really doing this, we're going to lunch. Me and Natalie walked side by side in silence while the boys walked behind us and chatted. I looked over to her and she was smiling to herself and laughing, all in her own little world. She looked so peaceful & cute.

"What are you laughing at?" I asked her.

"Huh? I was laughing!?"

"Yeah." she starts laughing some more.

"I'm sorry I was spaced out" I started laughing. "I see that." and she hit me playfully. We walked into the restaurant and sat down. "Have you been here before Natalie?" I asked making light conversation. "No I haven't but the boys told me about the place. " "Yeah we wanted to bring her out here one day." Jongup said. Taecyeon came up and greeted us "Hey boys...and pretty lady. I've never seen you before." Zelo spoke up "Hyung this is Natalie. She's an instructor at the studio we go to." She smiled warmly at Taecyeonand they shook hands. "I'm Taecyeon and I will be your waiter this evening" He cheesed. He's being extra nice today...."She was cheesing right back and and she got up from the booth and wrapped her arms around him. He eagerly hugged her back. "It's been awhile Taec! ""It sure has been Nattie!"

The boys and I sat in confusion. They know each other? "We were neighbors for a brief time in Boston" she saying as if she read my mind. "It really is a small world." He kept beeming at her "We need to catch up soon Nattie." She smiled and nodded. "I'm sorry guys what will it be?" "The usual." "Just sursprise me I don't know the menu" she smiled. He nodded and took our menus then went to place our orders. "So tell me about yourself Yongguk." "Well" I proceeded to tell her a few things and the boys joined in on the conversation. The Taecyeon bought our food and he stayed and chatted for a few. He talked about when Natalie was a kid and how adorable she was. It was a nice time hanging out with her and getting to know her.

"Oh we need to get going hyung" Zelo said looking at the time. "Yeah I should be heading out too" Natalie said. The boys got up and hugged her as all of us got ready to leave. I went on over and paid for our meal as the boys left. Taecyeon came out and hugged Natalie and they exchanged numbers and planned to meet up soon. Me and her walked outside together.

"Hey"------"I"-----we both spoke at the same time then started laughing. "You go first". "I was wondering if you would like to go to dinner with sometime?.....just us two. She cocked her head to the side and looked at me for a while. I was getting nervous "I-----" "I would love to."