Chapter 2

Unrequited

My whole mind was in a dense fog. He liked her. I've never seen him take interest in a girl before even in the ones that blatantly put themselves out there for him. No he couldn't possibly be interested in her. Yeah that's right. She's a foreigner. Yeah I'll just sum the interest up to that. But in the back of my mind, the painful truth was there.I shook my head to bring myself back to the conversation and heard Daehyun inviting her to lunch with us. Please say no. Please please please say no. As if she could read my thoughts she declined.

"Oh no I couldn't impose on you guys. Plus I have some business to tend to. But thanks for asking." Praise god. Now leave.

"It was nice meeting you guys."

The boys followed with same here and she bowed out and left. "Lets go eat." I said trying to keep the annoyance out of my voice. We headed over to one of our favorite places to eat. We frequented here so much that we knew everyone by name and they knew us and our favorite orders by heart but still bothered to come to our table to make light conversation. Taecyeon came to take our orders. He was by far my favorite waitor here. he was just big. Not in the since of fat but just big. Big muscles, big teeth, ears. But it sooted him. He was perfectly him. Big and handsome.

"Hey guys! What will it be? The usual?"

We all looked at our menus to see if we wanted to try something new but in the end we just stuck with what we knew. As we waited for our food Zelo brought up that girl.

"So hyung you like Natalie?" I froze and turned to Guk who wore a bemused expression. "What makes you say that?" Before Zelo could say something Fei and Taecyeon came out with our food. I signed in relief but it didn't go unnoticed by a certain someone. Zelo smirked then said under his breath "Your little reaction didn't go unnoticed hyung." "What was that?" "Nothing I'll tell you later."

I was greatful for the food. As our lunch, well dinner now went on nobody brought up the girl. We talked about what had been going on in our lives, and cracked jokes just like old times. I looked out the window and noticed it was already dark.

"Hey guys it's getting late. We should head home."

"I'll walk you home" Guk said to nobody but me.

We paid for the meal and said our goodbyes to the boys. We began the short walk back to my apartment. Okay you can make your confession now.

"Hey---" we both said at the same time and laughed.

"You go first" I said.

"Are you alright? You've been a little out of it today."

I'm alright." I smiled. "Actually there was something I wanted to tell you. That's why I invited you to lunch."

"I'm sorry about the boys coming. But I'm your right now. What's on your mind?" He smiled

All mine I like that sound of that. "well I--" his phone rang

"Just a second. Hello........okay I'm on my way." He looked at me apologetically

"I'm sorry Minah I need to go. Can we talk about this later? Tomorrow?"

"Yeah that's fine. It's not that important."

"Okay....see you tomorrow Minha."

He waved then he was off in the opposite direction. I watched him until I couldn't see him anymore. "Well at least I tried." I walked up to my apartment and went in for the night.