Chapter 1

Unrequited

"Today is the day" I said to myself as I looked out the window to the snow covered streets. Today will be the day I confess to him. YongGuk, Gukkie, my best friend. I've been in love with him since the first day we had met. I will never forget that day for as long as I live.

 

"I was sitting at the bus stop waiting for the next one to come. I had finished my last class of the day and I was exsausted. To keep myself awake I had my iPod going. I was shifting through the songs when I felt eyes boring into me. I looked over and finally noticed I wasn't alone. My breathe hitched at the handsome man before me. He had a strong masculine face. Perfect bone structure. But the sweetest gummy smile. He smiled at me more with an amused look. "So you like jazz?"

 

And that's how our friendship came about. We ended up talking about music. Different generes, favorite artist, and instruments. We kept running into each other at the bus stop so much that he decided to invite me for coffee. We became great friends in no time and he eventually let me meet his small group of friends and we've been thick as theives since then.

 

I spotted Guk coming up the sidewalk and he looked up at my window and waved. I waved back and told him to hold on for a second. I put on my shoes, coat and scarf and headed out the door. As soon as I stepped outside I was greeted by my favorite gummy smile.

"Hey Guk! How are you?

"I'm fine Minha. He smiled again.

"Can we hang back on lunch a bit? The boys found out and wanted to come too."

Damn well there goes that window of opportunity. I wasn't upset though. I love seeing the boys but it's going to set me back some.

"Alright that's no problem."

"Jongup and Zelo are still at the dance studio so everyone is going to meet up there." He said

"Okay let's get something warm to drink then head over"

 

We stopped at a near by cafe and got some hot cocoa. Then headed out to meet the boys. We walked in a comfortable silence just listening to snow crunch beneathe our feet. We walked up to the building as Jongup was exiting with Zelo and some girl trailing behind talking eagerly, hand gestures and all. I couldn't see her whole face but from the side she looked pretty,a foreigner. She smilled at Zelo sweetly so I liked her already. The kid could be a handful especially when he was going a million a minute. But you could never get enough of him. Himchan, Daehyun, and Youngjae were walking upand we met in the middle of the courtyard.

"Hey guys you ready to eat?" Guk said and we were met with yeahs all around. Zelo and the mystery girl walked up and Zelo spoke. "Hey guys this is the friend I've been talking about". She turned away from Zelo and all of a sudden everything went in slow motion. I heard Guk's breathe hitch, not a gasp, a hitch. That hitch of breath from movies where people meet their true love for the first time. And the same loving gaze from that movie where that boy ugh..what's his name, foreign movie.....TONY! When Tony see's Maria for the first time. But that hitch of breath is what got me. That same hitch of breath that had escaped me when I met him.

"Hi I'm Natalie."

And just like that I hated Natalie.

 

***************************************************

 

Alright that's the first chapter! I hope you liked it! I will move at a slow/fast fast/slow pace. It probably won't make since unitl you read more of the story. Anyways thank you for reading! Oh did you like my Westside story reference?