A Complicatedly Simple Truth

Protecting the Heir

"When Jaemi was sure that he's not present anymore, she releases the breath she's been holding. "What am I going to do now?" She whispers in fright. She shakes her head in attempt to shake her fright away; it does little.

She decides to wash up and prepare for school when a sudden heavy feeling envelops her, preventing her from standing up.

"!"

 

Kei knocks at her housemate's door. "Jae? Time for school." She calls and opens the door only to gasp at the sight of the girl struggling to her feet. She motions to help but was stopped by the said girl's outburst.

"Dont!" She exclaims through clenched teeth. "I can manage." She adds.

But Kei didn't look convinces and takes a step towards her.

"Please." Jaemi pleads. "I don't want to hurt you." She utters. "I won't be attending classes today and tell Kris that it's happening again."

"What's happening again?" She asks, confused and takes another step.

"Just tell him and leave!" She barks.

Kei reluctantly obliged; she knew that she shouldn't leave her friend to struggle at an unknown force alone, but something told her this was not normal, and that she should get help from the persons he was assigned to relay a message to: Kris.

She quickly exits the building that is her apartment and sprints for school; she thanked heavens when she spots the person she was told to look for with his friends upon entering the school premises.

 

Baekhyun sighs and decides to ask his friends about his so-called dream. "Suho Hyung." He calls.

"What's up Baek?"

"Can you please answer some of my questions?" He asks.

"What kind of questions?" Kris asks.

"Why--and please tell me honestly--do I know you guys from before? And what is this about Lay Hyung healing and you flying?" Came Baekhyun's frustrated questions.

Everyone freezes.

"Kris!" Exclaims a female voice.

All 12 turns to see Park Kei running to them.

"What's wrong?" Minseok manages to ask after momentarily being stunned by Baekhyun's questionings. But that temporary recover soon vanishes as Kei replies with a simple sentence that brought panic to all 11 males.

"Jaemi... She said it's happening again."

"Where is she?" Yixing quickly asks.

Sensing their panic, Baekhyun questions. "What's wrong?"

Kris and Junmyeon exchange looks before the former nods his head. "Baek," The latter calls. He looks around and realizes that the school was practically staring at them like they were Zoo animals. "Come with us." He turns. "You too, Kei."

 

They find themselves inside an isolated room in the older parts of the school building.

"Hyung, what about classes?" Sehun asks.

"Now isn't the time Sehun; Jaemi is in deep ." Lu Han hisses.

"What do you mean?" Baekhyun and Kei exclaims, starting to panic.

Kris nods at Junmyeon once more who nods in return. "Baekhyun, you aren't from this world." The former starts.

The mentioned boy chuckles nervously. "What do you mean I'm not from this world?" He had his doubts about being normal, but being from another world? It never crossed his mind.

"You and the rest of us with Jaemi are from a World where Magic exists." Minseok explains further.

"You prabably have experienced lighting up?" Junmyeon asks.

He nods at that. "How do you know?"

Kris sighs. He didn't think that they had to tell him in a situation like this; but there was no other choice. "You're a Heir from the Light Kingdom, the last of your blood line." He explains.

"Wh-what? The last? What does that mean?"

"13 years ago, a fire broke out in your household--caused by the King of Darkness--and out of all the possible ways to escape, no one managed. But somehow you survived; teleported here." Yixing explains. "And it has nothing to do with Jongin." He adds.

"What does Kai have to do with me teleporting here?" He asks in confusion, before looking over at his Dongseng.

Jongin grins before disappearing and reappearing next to Yixing. "Because I'm a teleporter."

Baekhyun and Kei gapes at the young male.

"He's not the only one." Lu Han utters. "All of us has something to represent in the World of Magic." He utters and drags a chair to Kei and motions her to sit; all with just a flick of his wrist.

"Telekinesis." Kei whispers in awe. "But why is Jaemi in danger?"

"Because her father is the cause of this all."

"Wha--" Baekhyun's eyes widen as he remembers his dream-like vision. "That explains why she was burnt when I touched her."

Sehun beams at the confession. "Hyung remembers!"

"Yes," Kyungsoo answers. "It's because you're from the Light Kingdom,

 

and she's the daughter of the King of Darkness."


Forgive me for the delay of this chapter, my brother disturbed my moment earlier and thus resulting in me sulking. I appreciate it if you guys would COMMENT!!!!

HAHAHAHA really though, comments are really much more appreciated than subscription in my case--I'd love to read your thoughts. =)

Enjoy the update!!!!