A Visit from The Past

Protecting the Heir

"Where are you going?" Baekhyun asks as he looks at the small girl.

"Home." She replies.

"Were you crying again?" He frowns at her tear-stained face. "Jaemi," He calls sternly when she shakes her head in reply at the earlier question.

She flinches at the authority in his voice. "I didn't mean to!" She exclaims. "I was just playing around and I tripped!" She explains with her eyes shut close. She was expecting pain since that's what she usually gets back home, but she was take aback at the soft melody that was Baekhyun's laugh. "You aren't mad?"

His laughter dies into chuckles. "Why should I be?" He asks tilting his head to the side, still sporting the smile. "Come on, let's get you healed up with Yixing Hyung's powers."

He moves to grab her wrist when the girl lets out a shriek. "Ow!" She exclaims and grabs for her burning wrist.

Baekhyun blinks and realizes his mistake. "Sorry, I forgot." He gives her an apologetic look before grabbing for something in his back pocket: A Handkerchief. "Come on." He utters after wrapping it around her wrist and dragging her to where Yixing might be.

 

Baekhyun awakes with a start. "That was no ordinary dream." He utters as he clearly saw Jaemi as a little girl in his dream. "I need a drink." He steps out of the comforts of his room to grab a glass of water.

"Baek?" You're still up?" Questions his father.

"Oh, no, I was just thristy." He gives him a small smile. After finishing a glass he decides to ask his father a question. "Do I have childhood friends Dad?" Was his question as he washes the glass he used.

"Chanyeol and the others." Came his father's reply.

"No," He shakes his head before putting the glass away. "I meant before them. A girl in particular."

"Oh, Baekhyun why are you still up?" Asks his mother before she turns her attention to her husband. "What's wrong?" She asks, noticing him tense.

"Never mind. I'll go back to bed now." He then turns to leave the kitchen. Do I even want to know the answer? He thinks.

 

"He's asking."

"What?"

"He's asking about his childhood." Mr. Byun rephrases.

Mrs. Byun gives him a troubled look. "What do we do?"

"As of now," He then stands to give his wife a small peck before giving her a reassuring smile. "Nothing." 

 

Baekhyun finds himself staring at the mirror; the lights are out but he can clearly see himself on the mirror. "I'm glowing again." He frowns and tries to think of something to stop himself from lighting up like a christmas tree. He groans at the failed attempt and decides to just sleep. He'll probably die down--the light, I mean--when morning comes around. He soon finds himself in dreamland.

 

"Who is this, Kris Hyung?" Kyungsoo asks.

"I found her at the open field when I was practicing with my flying skills." He explains. "It's alright, we won't hurt you." Kris coos as if talking to a baby. "Let's get Lay to heal you up."

"I told you Daddy doesn't want me near beings like you." She exclaims timidly.

"Let's just get Yixing Ge to treat those wounds, okay?" Tao sends her a small smile.

She stares at him. "You look like a Panda." She voices her observation.

Tao frowns at this but bites his tongue to hold his comeback when Kris gives him a look. "Yixing Ge." He repeats.

"You called?"

"Can you heal her?" Kris asks.

Yixing nods and gets onto it.

"Baek, stop staring; she might melt." Jongdae comments with a smirk.

"Hyung, why is she injured?" Jongin asks as he watches the girl watching Yixing's hands in amazement as he heals up her wound.

Kris shrugs, not sure why himself. "Let's just get her better before asking her questions." He utters as he smiles as the girl asks Yixing how he does the healing.

The rest nods in agreement at their older friends suggestion.

Once she was all healed up, she gratefully thanked Yixing. He smiled at her and asks the question everyone wanted to ask: "What's your name?"

"Jaemi."

 

 

His alarm goes off. Baekhyun slowly opens his eyes. "Jaemi." He repeats. "I knew her."