A Formal Introduction

Protecting the Heir

"So, how'd you come to know EXO?" Kei finds herself as the girl before her.

"EXO?" The girl echoes, turning her head away from staring out the window to see Kei waiting for her reply attentively.

"EXO." Kei repeats.

"What is EXO?"

Kei stares at her as if she was retarded; before nodding her head as she remembers that this one was new to things. She was about to open to explain who EXO was when their instructor waltz in their room.

 

The bell rings and Jaemi stares at Kei who quickly sprints to her seat. "Tell me."

"Tell you what?"

"How you know EXO!"

"EXO?"

Kei releases a sigh. "Kris and his friends."

Jaemi nods her head. "Kris Ge and the other Oppas are childhood friends." She explains. "If it makes you feel any better, I'll introduce them to you." I can trust you that much.

The first girl squeals and jumps in delight.

"Meimei." Calls Tao.

"Oh, Ge, what's up?" She asks and pulls Kei with her to the three boys' seats.

"Who is she Mimi?" Sehun asks.

"Kei, Park Kei." She intruduces herself. "It's nice to meet you." She then turns to Jaemi. "What's with all the nickname?" She questions.

Jaemi shurgs before turning to the three boys. "Introduce yourselves."

Jongin and Sehun whines at this. "She probably knows us already." The former utters.

"Introduce youselves." She repeats in a more commanding voice.

"Kim Jongin-imnida."

"Oh Sehun-imnida."

"Huang Zitao-imnida."

The girl smiles at this. "Good."

The three male could only pout at her. "So much for being the Maknae." Sehun utters under his breath, but came heard. "Ah! Ah! Ah!"

"You were saying?" She asks, hand on the young male's ear.

"Nothing!" Sehun exclaims.

"I thought I heard you say som--"

"I'm sorry!" Exclaims the helpless boy.

Jaemi releases his ear and shakes her head at him while the two other male laugh at their Maknae's miserable state.

"You're really comfortable with them." Kei voices out her obersvation.

"I grew up with them" She giggles. "Come on, class is starting."

 

Lunch break soon came and EXO finds a new additional to the table of usual 12. They blink at the new girl.

"Guys, this is Kei, Park Kei." Jaemi introduces.

"You know her?" Baekhyun whispers to Chanyeol while still having his eyes on the talking girl.

"Childhood friend." Chanyeol grins at his friends curiosity.

"Introduce yourselves." Jaemi instructs.

The three Makanes' let out a groan. "Again?"

"You don't have to, you've done your share." She utters.

"I'm Zhang Yixing." He starts off with a smile.

"Wu Yifan." Kris offers a polite smile which Kei returns. "Kris would be preferable." He adds.

"Park Chanyeol."

"Kim Jongdae, just call me Chen."

"You still use that name?" Jaemi asks with a frown, to which Chen simply ignores but nods at the question.

"Do Kyungsoo."

"Kim Minseok." He sends her a friendly smile. "Please take care of our Maknae."

"Our Maknae?" Baekhyun repeats.

Chanyeol chuckles with a nod. "She's the youngest in our group." He explains.

And Baekhyun blinks at the implication of 'our'.

"Lu Han." He offers a smile.

"Kim Junmyeon, preferably Suho." He smiles. "Thank you for watching over our Maknae."

"Again with the our Maknae." Baekhyun grumbles under his breath. He feels a nudge curtsy of Chanyeol, he frowns his way. "What?"

"Please introduce yourself Baekhyun-ssi." Jaemi utters in a less commanding voice.

"Ah," He nods. "Byun Baekhyun-imnida." He lightly bows his head.

"And that's everyone." Jaemi beams.

Kris pats her head, earing him her attention. "How's classes?"

"So-so." She giggles when he makes a face. "Don't worry Ge, I pay attention when needed."

"Just because you're smart, dosen't mean you should go dozing off." Yixing scolds.

"Arasso Ge." She blows a raspberry then pouts at the usual team. "I'm surprised Panda isn't teasing me with you guys."

Panda...? Baekhyun thinks, remembering the weird vision yesterday.

"Panda?" Kei voices out his thoughts.

Jaemi nods her head before pointing at Huang Zitao, who was giving her a small smile. "Huang Zitao looks like a Panda." She giggles when Tao let's out a whine. "Wae? You didn't protest before."

Tao whines once more before tugging on Kris's sleeves. "Ge, Meimei's teasing me."

"Am not!" She exclaims. "Hyun Oppa! tell him that I did no such thing!" She blinks at her mistake. She clears as Baekhyun gives her an unreadable look. "I meant Myeon Oppa." She quickly tugs onto Junmyeon's sleeves, hiding herself for the tongue slip.

The guys--minus Baekhyun, Kei and Jaemi; who was busy hiding--laughs at the occurance.

"Still the same old Meimei." Yixing pats her head.

She makes a face at him before asking Kyungsoo if he could help her with teaching her Ge a lesson.

 

She really is the girl from the weird dream-like vision yesterday. He thinks, staring at Jaemi. But what is she to me? I don't remember meeting her before. He frowns.

"Baek, stop staring; she'll melt." Jongdae teases.

Baekhyun blushes scarlet red when he realizes that he has been staring for too long.