A Forgotten Name

Protecting the Heir

"Tremble, mortals, and despair! Doom has come to this world!"

Zeref, with a huge grin, bows on his knee and lowers his head. "My Lord. My Father." He lifts his head up to look at his father.

"Zeref, my son." He calls. "Come give your old man a hug."

He obliges and runs to the open arms of his father.

"Now, why did you thought of brining me back from the dead?" He growls, tightening his hold on Zeref.

"You did not die a worthy death, father." He chokes out.

"Please let my father go." Utters a female voice in an eerie way.

Eredar stops from doing what he was suppose to do and stares at the girl before him. "You are?"

"Your granddaughter." She answers and curtseys. "It is I who brought you back from your grave, dear Shadow Demon." She explains.

Eredar turns his attention away from her and to his son. "You used your daughter's powers to bring me back from the dead?!" He growls and lifts him up by his throat. "And if your daughter were to die in the process?"

"That is none of your concern, dear grandfather."

At this reply, Eredar stares at his granddaughter in sorrow before letting Zeref go. "I had advised you before to not use your powers on beings like us."

"It was the only way to bring you back!" Zeref exclaims.

Eredar turns to his son. "And in the process you made your daughter forget who she really is."

Zeref shakes his head. "I've honed my powers, I'm sure she remembers who she is, right Jaemi?" He calls.

But gets no respond.

Zeref turns to his daughter. "Jaemi, I called for you." He frowns in displeasure.

"If you wish, father, I will search for this Jaemi​ that you speak of."

His eyes widen. "Jaemi!" He calls and grabs for her shoulder. "You are Jaemi." He exclaims.

The girl gives him a confused look. "You must be mistaken me for someone else, father. I do not own any name. I am simply a vessle to fulfill your wishes." She bows and takes a step back.

In doing this, Zeref sees the dull look in her eyes; the usual sparkle was now gone. "Jaemi..." He calls once more.

Nothing.

"You may have gotten be back, but you've lost your daughter." Eredar sighs. "What possessed you to bring be back alive?" He asks.

Zeref, still having his eyes on Jaemi, replies. "I wish to take back the thrones and name you King of the Mages."

Eredar laughs. "That's a foolish dream, son." He shakes his head.

His son turns to look at him. "How do I get Jaemi back?" He asks, hopeful.

"I do not know." He answers. "But the healers might be able to do something about it." He suggest.

"No!" Zeref booms. "I will not hand my daughter to them." He hisses.

A sigh escapes the Shadow Demon's lips. "Have it your way," He then turns. "But I am not going to war like you expect me to. I didn't expect you to forget your father's nature." He utters disappointingly.

Then Zeref remembers. His father didn't want war--despite his looks. The only thing that forced him to do so was because the Light Kingdom attacked one of them causing death that he had no other choice but to fight back.

"But I do intend to take back what was ours--the 13th seat." He adds, lighting up Zeref's hopes.

"Then, we can start by derstroying the Capitol now." Zeref smiles.

Eredar shakes his head in disappointment. He wish he didn't die before, if so, then his son wouldn't have been like this. His attention shifts to Jaemi--his granddaughter. "His powers don't work on non-Dark Bloods like this. Dark Blooded beings have side-effects when they are to be casted with the magic when the caster was one of their own. And in this case, they forger all reasoning and only are motivated for the sake of the caster's wishes." He mutters. "Jaemi, was it?" He calls softly.

He spots a small flicker in her eyes. But as quickly as it came, it was gone; causing the old man to doubt if it was even there in the first place.

"You have other siblings?" Eredar asks, hoping to see the non-existing spark--to see if she'll be able to get her senses back.

"As I've heard from father, I have a little brother: Daemon Spade. Three years younger than I." She replies.

Eredar frowns when he doesn't see the spark. A sigh. "Friends?"

"None.." Jaemi replies. "Father forbids me from making any."

"But--" Zeref trails off. "You were friends with the light boy and his friends." He mutters, hearing Jaemi's reply. "You even went to the planet called Earth for the soul purpose of bringing the boy back to his kingdom."

The girl gives him a confused look. "I do not have friends, father. And you must be mistaken me from the girl you call Jaemi." She replies. "Father displeases me from making friends; especially contacts from those of the 12 kingdoms." She ends.

Her grandfather frowns at this. "Even depriving your daughter from interacting with the other beings?"

"They casted us aside!" Reasons Zeref. "I had no choice!"

"But that's what you think." Eredar frowns. "Just because we are not crowned the 13th Kingdom anymore doesn't mean we must avoid contacts at all cost." He explains.

Jaemi--the other Jaemi--truns to look at his grandfather. "This is where you are wrong, Lord Shadow Demon," She starts. "The Light Kingdom--the past, not the present--outcast us; forcing us to stay hidden for centuries, resulting to my father's hatred towards them." She utters. "He even went as far as burning down their household."

"You burned their household?!" Boomed the Shadow Demon.

"That was the only way for us to be part of the Kingdoms again!" Zeref reasons.

"Zeref, those beings who outcast you after my death are long gone--centuries ago!" He exclaims in agony. "You murdered innocent people."

"They still kept the teachings; they still taught the new generation wrong and false things. We are not low life beings--they made us this way!" He exclaims. "They even went as far as calling you a criminal!"

 

"No! That's not true!"

"Quiet!"

"Who are you?!"

"Someone you are to obey."

"But what father is saying isn't true!"

"I said quiet!"

"They treated me well!"

"I don't are. You are to stay quiet and please your father."

 

"Jaemi? Is something the matter?" Eredar asks, noticing her knitted brows. At a close look, he noticed that her brown eye having a shade of purple in them. "Are you alright dear?"

"I-I', fine, Lord Shadow Demon." She manages a reply. Though inside, a battle is happening between her and an unknown being.

 

"Just who are you?"

"Your worst nightmare."


Another update!!! ahahaha. and here's Eredar. yea, he's really scary.