A Hidden Intention

Protecting the Heir

Jaemi squeaks at the sight of her new irises colors; the left is a light shade of red while the other is a dark brown.

"The heck is wrong with me?" She whines then a groan escapes her lips as she realizes that she won't be leaving her room for quite some time until they find a way to cover up her new permanent look.

Yes, Permanent. Her father once explained to her the ways of the Dark blooded; once they reach a certain age they'll transform and get this final appearance--and oddly enough not grow old.

The 2 Manknaes frown at her new eyes. "Will it change back?" Jongin asks, not really liking the combination of brown and red.

Jaemi release a sigh and shakes her head. "This is my last transformation." She explains before noticing that her once jet black hair had its end turned into a light purple.

"What do you mean last transformation?" Kei asks.

"When I was younger, I had my first taste on transformation. I gained new powers and my second form. But that was it." She starts. "My father said we only experience one transformation, but in some cases, when there's no outer change--permanent change would be the better word--a second transformation happens."

"And it only ever happened once." Yifan added.

"Until now." Junmyeon finishes.

The two exchange looks. This got everyone in the room to wonder--What about it? What are they thinking?

"As ever, the Water and Flight Kingdom has such knowledgeable people." Utters a voice.

Everyone panics--except Kei--at the sudden appearance of another presence.

"Zeref." Yixing frowns in disgust.

The called person laughs. "Why the sour face Heir of the Healers?" He mocks.

"Father." Jaemi calls.

And Kei's eyes widen at the title. "That's your father?"

Zeref clicks his tongue at Kei's outburst. "I did teach you to find friends with manners, now, why get one without any?" His eyes finally found his daughter's and a grin appears on his face--a satisfied one. "Ah," He coos and starts to walk towards her retreating figure. "I never thought that you of all people would be someone who'd possess the powers I've been searching for."

The girl, paralyzed in place, could only stare at her father's face with fright.

The 8 boys tried to get Zeref away from Jaemi but it was no use. They were still in training after all, compared to Zeref who's lived decades--centuries, even--of his life.

"You will come with me, Daughter of Akasha, the Queen of Pain."

"Jaemi!" Exclaims everyone in the room, but it was futile, they both disappeared in the shadows.

 

"Now," Calls Zeref as he releases his daughter on the cold concrete. "I want you to be a good girl and do as I say before I get mad, understand?"

Jaemi nods her head timidly. "I understand." She looks around when she was left alone; she was back Home. Her eyes widen. What is he planning? She thinks.

 

"What?" The four people in the isolated room gapes at Jongin as he tells them to come with him to the apartment he was at.

"What happened?" Chanyeol was first to ask once they were in the area where everyone was.

"Zeref took her." Came Lu Han's forward reply.

They heard a growl and turns to look at the angered face that belonged to always-happy-not-so-easily-pissed Byun Baekhyun.

"...Hyung?" Tao trails off, not used to his angered face.

Baekhyun releases a sigh. "She's not here." He voices.

"That's an obvious one Hyung." Jongin frowns his way.

His Hyung, however, only shakes his head at his Dongsengs buffering state. "She's not here; she's no longer in this planet. Her father must have brought her back home." He explains.

Their eyes widen and they start to search the planet for any signs of Jaemi.

She's not here

"What do we do now?! Her father might hurt her!" Sehun exclaims.

"Calm down Mankane." Minseok utters as Lu Han pats Sehun's back in comfort.

"I say, I must thank you, Byun Baekhyun; if it weren't for you, my daughter would have been useless." Utters the same voice.

"Where's Jaemi?!" Baekhyun hisses.

Zeref laughs at his angry face. "Home, where she truly belongs--away from beings like you." He smirks. "Please accept this gift of mine though--a token on thanks as you've awaken my daughter's hidden powers by teaching her your Light Magic." His laugh was very loud and menacing. He tosses an item by Baekhyun's feet. "I thought my daughter won't be needing this anymore." He grins before disappearing. "Thank you once more." The voice lingers in the air.

By his feet, Baekhyun stares at the familiar pair of wings.

"It's a gift from my mother, before she died." Utters little Jaemi as she holds onto those bat-like wings that was hanging on her neck--a pendant. "She says never to take it off." She beams at Baekhyun. "It's the only memory of my mother."

"What does it do?" Bakehyun asks, eyes still on the unusual pair of wings.

"She says to keep my powers at bay, that that father won't find out...or something like that." She giggles.

She then slowly leans towards Baekhyun and the boy does the same.

"Mother says I have a one of a kind power."

Baekhyun's eyes widen. "Then you shouldn't take that off."

She grins and nods. "I won't. Will you continue teaching me?" She asks.

The boy lets out a laugh. "Come on then, let's improve your Light powers."

 

Jaemi starts to look around in hopes of finding an exit. To her dismay, her only chance of exit is the door. She curses and sits on the floor to try and think of something.

Nothing.

She sighs and plays with her magic instead; lighting up her left hand and throwing a ball of darkness over it to vanish it and vise versa.

What intrigued her, however, was the fact that her ball of light and dark had a rather new look. A slight purple in them.

"Mom." She whispers and instinctively reaches her neck only to find it bare. "!"

The door opens and in comes her father again. "You don't need the pendant any longer." Zeref informs. "I can't believe Akasha hid this from me." He runs a hand through his hair.

"Dad, pleas--"

"Quiet!" He hisses. "I want you to be a good girl and do as I say." He utters and turns to leave. "You'll be seeing yourself in a throne soon." He ends with the shut of the door.

Jaemi's eyes widen in fear as she realizes what her father was going to do. "No,"


Sorry about all the lateness of my update.

Credits to Dot.A for Akasha, Queen of Pain. ehehehe, I really like her, although she's a scourge, she seems pretty nice. and she's pretty in the animated version as well; though I haven't seen the new picture of her. anyways, she's in my story!!! hehehe Medusa was supposedly my first choice, but we can't put in a mermaid in the story now, could we. XP

COMMENT please, I'd really love it if you guys did.

Hope you like this update..

Love,

Moot

P.S. I won't be able to update for a while since my midterms are up next week, then there's me not attending classes so I have no fudging idea what we'l