A Forgotten Memory

Protecting the Heir

"Wha--" Yifan exclaims in confusion.

"It was my fault," Jaemi hangs her head low as she fiddles with her fingers. "I spoke out the words before thinking." She confesses.

Yifan shuts his eyes close as a memory flashes before him.

Daddy say's not to talk to people like you. The little girl utters with fearful eyes--avoiding eye contact at all cost while playing with her hands.

He wasted no more and pulled the girl in a tight embrace. "It's..." He trails off, not knowing if he should continue. "It's going to be alright." He utters in assurance--both for her and for himself.

She stiffens at first but relaxes as the familiar warmth of being in his arms welcomes her like it did before. "Right," She replies in a soft whisper as she returns him the hug. "It'll be alright." She repeats, a little assured that Yifan told her that.

 

Baekhyun frowns at the sight of his Hyung and the girl he's been meaning to ask the name of was hugging rather casually. But he found himself questioning why he wasn't really pissed, and why he was angry at the same time.

What is wrong with me? I'm getting mixed emotions. He frowns. Should I be pissed or jealous? He thinks.

"Hyung," Sehun calls and notices that Baekhyun was watching the two hugging. He frowns at this. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing," Baekhyun shakes his head thought he's still looking--staring would be the right word--at the two embracing each other like their life depended on it. "Let's go?"

Sehun says no more as his Hyung turns and leaves the two be.

 

"By the way," Yifan utters and pulls away after finding his resolve. "You shouldn't talk to Baekhyun about our World and about you two knowing each other."

This caused the girl to frown. "Why?" She tilts her head to the side.

"He's," He trails of, knowing she'll be upset. He releases a sigh and decides to tell her, either way, she'll find out. "He's forgotten everything."

"Everything?" She echoes in a soft voice.

"Everything." He confirms.

Jaemi frowns at this. She was expecting this--but not this. She was hoping he had a bit of his memory left so that bringing him Home wouldn't be that hard. That was not an option now. She has to give it her all to get him back to their World.

 

"I'll go back first." Baekhyun utters and turns to leave after grabbing his bag.

"What happened?" Chanyeol asks Sehun who was still staring at his Hyung's retreating figure.

"He saw Kris Hyung and Mimi hugging." He answers with a frown. He turns to his Hyungs and raises a brow at the goofy, idiotic grins that were plastered on their faces. "What?"

This caused the group to laugh out loud.

"What?" Sehun repeats, confused.

"Baek hasn't changed, that's for sure." Jongdae nods his head as the rest agrees with his conclusion.

Sehun's brows knit. "What do you mean?"

Lu Han smiles at the youngest. "He's been liking Jaemi since, and I guess you could say that the feeling is still there."

Sehun's eyes widen as he beams with them. "So is there a possibility that he's still remembered some things from the past?" He asks.

Suho nods his head with a grin. "That's a possibility,"

"But we can't say for sure." Yixing utters as he settles with a small smile towards two figures walking towards their table. "What happened?" He asks.

Jaemi squeals at the sight of him and runs to his side to give him a hug. "Yixing Ge!"

"Hey! No fair! Yixing Ge gets a hug and you were all formal with me!" Tao whines.

This caused Jaemi to give him a sheepish smile before running to him and giving him a tight hug. "I missed you, Panda!" She grins and plants a soft kiss on his cheek.

"I missed you too, Meimei." He hugs her back with a smile.

"How have you been?" Suho grins as he sees the girl they grow up with wearing a big smile.

"Good, Junmyeon Oppa." She beams and settles on the seat Baekhyun vacated.

 

Speaking of Baekhyun, he found himself in the school's roof, sighing contentedly at the fresh air around him while leaning on the railings.

He releases another sigh, this time, because of his confused self. What is wrong with me? He closes his eyes and puts his head on his opened palms. "And why do I get the feeling that I know her?" He asks softly.

A soft voice echoes.

Oppa! The voice squeals.

His eyes snap open as he searches around the roof for the source of the voice. "No one's around." He frowns. He turns to take a seat at one of the benches. "Seriously, what is wrong with me?" He closes his eyes once more while tilting his head back so that he was facing the sun.

You okay, Oppa? You don't look so good. I'll go get Yixing Ge. The voice utters.

Who are you? He thinks after concluding that all this was in his head.

 

"Oppa! Oppa!" The small girl calls.

"What's wrong?" Baekhyun asks with a hint of smile on his face.

"Panda won't let me play with him!" She whines and stomps her foot on the ground with a pout adoring her face. "He say's I won't be able to catch up."

"Panda?" He repeats with a confused look, although a smile was still plastered on his face.

"Huang Zitao!" She exclaims while throwing her hand up in the air. "He has eyes like a Panda!" She exclaims as if he didn't see it at all.

"Ah, Tao," He nods his head while holding in his laughter.

"You're gonna laugh." Her pout deepens, "I'm telling Yixing Ge and Yifan Ge that you're teasing me." She turns on her heels and starts to walk, but was pulled back when he grabs her by the wrist.

"Oh no you don't. Come on," He then tugs on her wrist towards where a rather big tree was standing alone in the hill. "Let's go and tell my Mom instead, okay?" He chuckles when the girl makes a face. "Not about me teasing you," He shakes his head. "About Panda not letting you play with him."

She gives her head a shake. "I don't want to disturb Auntie."

He smiles at this. "Come on, Mom adores you." He knocks on her forehead.

She growls but doesn't say more.

 

Baekhyun's eyes snap open as the school bell rings. What was that? He thinks. "I'm positive that I heard Kris Hyung, Lay Hyung and Tao's name being mentioned." He frowns as he dusts imaginary lint off his pants after standing up. And who was that girl?