A Silent Greeting

Protecting the Heir

Jaemi stares at the front and feigns listening to the instructor as he rambles on about Physics.

Her thoughts were on the Heir that was Huang Zitao. Should I inform the higher ups that the Heir to the Time Kingdom is here? And I can tell that he isn't alone. Wu Yifan wouldn't let him be; the others must be here. She thinks with furrowed brows. But why are they here? Its not like... She trails off as she gasps when a thought passes through her jumbled mind. "He's here." She whispers.

But she soon comes to regret opening as she feels a presence from behind. She was sure she was the last student seated at the back, so who would be behind her?

She strains to take a look over her shoulder and wishes she was back home right now. A small whimper escapes her lips as she tries to erase the face from her peripheral view.

A face that screams hostility, murder and darkness. A face that shouldn't be even be considered a face; both horrifyingly ugly and eerily disturbing, staring at her with a menacing smile.

You just had to show up. He spits in an eerie voice that sent shivers down her spine.

She bits her tongue to refrain herself from screaming bloody murder and running out of the building--away from him.

He's not here, he's not here. She repeats in her head.

Too bad, I am here. She hears a menacing laugh escape his unmoving, smirking lips.

She stiffens as she feels his breath next to her ear. The hair on her back rises as goose bumps appear all over her body as he leans in closer.

Unless... She could hear the evil smirk that was radiating from his hideous face.

Her eyes widen as he whispers his final words.

The bell rings.

Without a second to waste, the girl sprints off out of the building--just anywhere away from that horrifying face will suffice.

She finds herself in the school field, panting and gasping for air; her eyes misty from all the drama that happened in the room earlier. She gasps once more for air before stiffening at a voice.

"Mey,"

She quickly wipes the stray tears and turns to him with a stoic face. "Huang Zitao," She utters. "From the Time Kingdom." She then bows.

"Who is she?" Sehun questions once more.

"A friend." Tao explains, frowning at the girl who continues to duck her head. "Please, there's no need to be formal Mey, we're friends." The girl didn't move. This caused a sigh to escape his lips. "Rise."

She did as told.

"Why do you know him?" Jongin asks.

"She's one of us." Tao answers instead.

"Kim Jongin of the Teleport Kingdom and Oh Sehun of the Wind Kingdom." She bows her head once more in recognition before giving them a ghost of a smile. "I should head back, my friend might get worried, since I all of a sudden stormed off the room." She ducks her head once more.

"You've made friends already?" Jongin asks.

Tao frowns at the offensive question, but Jaemi remains stoic. "Yes, if you'll excuse me,"

"So she's the gril you guys were talking about." Sehun nods his head in understanding. "What's so special about her anyway?" He frowns, finding the girl quite simple--nothing special. "She's plain."

"That's where you're wrong." Tao comments. "Let's go, the Hyungs are probably waiting for us."

 

Jaemi sighs as she settles at a vacant seat in the room she left earlier.

"Where have you been? I was worried when you suddenly left." Kei frowns.

She smiles at her in both gratitude and apology. "Sorry, I was just... never mind, do you want to go grab something to eat? Food?" She asks.

Kei frowns at the change of subject but doesn't pry. "Let's go to the cafeteria then."

Jaemi nods her head with a smile before following Kei out the door, taking a glance at the back of the room. And she swears she sees those frighteningly yellow, glowing, cat-like eyes staring at her as she leaves the room.

 

"I'll go use the restroom for a bit." Baekhyun utters and stands up.

"We saw her." Tao confesses as Baekhyun was out of ear-shot.

"Her?" Kyungsoo echoes, not used to Tao talking about girls.

"They sent her," Jongin utters, remembering their conversation over the weekend. "And she's alone."

"You mean--" Lu Han and Minseok choruses but was cut off by Tao.

"Yea," He nods before frowning at the memory. "She's really formal though."

"Who?" Baekhyun asks.

"The girl Kai likes." Sehun quickly replies.

At the excuse, Jongin kicks his shin.

He whines and glares at him. What?! Sehun mouths.

Jongin simply rolls his eyes.

Baekhyun frowns at the answer. "I want to meet her Kai!" He whines.

"If it makes you feel any better, we haven't seen her yet." Jongdae assures. "At least the present her." He adds quietly.

"But you guys talk as if you know he--" He was cut off as he feels the familiar warm feeling he felt last Saturday when he heard the voice--the warmth felt like home. He searches frantically around for the source of this warmth.

"What is he doing?" Sehun asks as he takes notice of his Hyung's sudden franticness.

"Searching..." Yixing answers quietly, observing Baekhyun along with the others.

"For what?" Sehun questions once more, getting whiney at the limited infromations he's getting.

"For who..." Chanyeol corrects then grins at him. "For her." He nods his head towards a direction where a girl was lining up with her friend to get something to eat.

Sehun raises a brow at this. "The new student?" he asks with a frown. "What would Hyung want with her? There's nothing special about her at all."

"Hey, don't be like that." Suho scolds.

"She has at least one memorable experience with all of us." Yixing adds.

"You were especially clingy with her before; though she's a year younger." Lu Han teases.

Hearing this, Sehun turns scarlet red as he recalls a fragment of his memory. "Mi..mi?" As he speaks of her name, there was a familiar ring to his ears.

"The very same one." Lu Han grins with a nod of his head.

This made Sehun beam.

 

Baekhyun takes a deep breath and finally musters up the courage to tap the girl's shoulder. But before he could open his mouth to ask for her name, someone interrupts him by grabbing the girl by her upper arm.

"Li Jiaheng!" Exclaims the surprised girl.

"I'll borrow her for awhile." He informs both Baekhyun and Kei who were both left dumbfounded.

What was that just now? They both think before exchanging glances.

 

Once he found an isolated hall, Yifan lets the girl go.

"Heir to the Flight Kingdom," She greets with a bow.

Yifan releases a sigh. "I think Tao has already informed you to stop with formalities?"

Jaemi frowns. "But--"

"No buts," He gives her a stern look. "And besides, if you address us as such, people will start to question."

The girl relaxes and gives him a small smile. "Understood."

Kris chuckles and ruffles her hair. "How have you been?"

"Good." She replies with a frown. "Please do refrain from messing up my hair." She fixes the mess.

He laughs and nods. "Got it."

She bites her bottom lip. "Do I tell the higher ups that you and the rest of the Heirs' are here?" She asks.

The male shakes his head. "It's best that they won't know, so He won't know as well."

At this, she avoids his eyes and stares at the floor.

Kris grew worried as her old habits surface. "What's wrong?"

She lifts her head to him, this earned her a gasp from him as he got a clear view of her misty eyes; filled with both fear and pain.

His eyes widen as he hears her confession.

 

 

"He knows I'm here."


Fianlly! I get to update more!! HAHAHA well, there's still the fact that I haven't started on my term papers yet, but heck, school's done for me--as of now.

I appreciate the Comments and Subscription!!! I love you guys!!! I do hope I can update once more. kekeke.

Enjoy the update!!!