Chapter 8

Behind The Cameras

Yawning, you rubbed your eyes sleepily as you knocked on the door of B1A4's dorm. Waking up at 4am just to get ready was something entirely new to you and your body was still struggling to function properly at such an early hour.

The door swung open a minute later to reveal Sandeul with his leg still in a cast, his hand over his mouth to hide his yawn and his bed hair sticking out in all directions.

"Good morning Sandeul-ssi." You greeted.

Laughing awkwardly, Sandeul ran his fingers through his hair, in an attempt to salvage his idol image. "The rest are still washing up. There's breakfast in the kitchen. You should eat before we head off."

Stepping aside to let you enter, he shut the door behind him and waited for you to kick off your shoes before leading you into the huge kitchen.

"Morning! You're early." Seated at the breakfast table, spreading jam onto his toast, Jinyoung commented.

Opening the fridge, Sandeul poured a cup of orange juice and took a bottle of syrup out of the cupboard. He placed everything including a plate of pancakes in front of you.

"Thank you, i'll eat well." You beamed up at him and he smiled down at you.

"You're welcome." He replied, ruffling your hair in a brotherly manner.

As calm and unaffected as you tried to appear to be , your flushed cheeks gave you away completely. He lingered by your side without taking a seat and your raised your brows at him while pouring syrup over your pancakes.

"Erm... Is Jieun coming too?" He asked.

You nodded your head and watched in amusement as his face lit up entirely. "Ah okay." Smiling to himself, he limped his way back into his room.

You didn't even realise that you had been frowning until Jinyoung spoke up. "You know that frowning will give you wrinkles, right? If it makes you feel any better, not all of us got to end up with who we chose."

Stirring his cup of coffee, the soft clinking sound of the metal spoon hitting against the glass mug echoed through the quiet kitchen. "Except for Baro. He did get paired up with who he chose but look where that got him. He isn't any happier than any of us."

At the mention of his name the same feeling of guilt returned to you and suddenly the pancakes didn't seem as delicious as it looked. Forcing the piece of pancake into your mouth down your throat, you chewed on your lower lip. "Baro chose me?" You asked, not really believing what your ears had just heard.

"He didn't tell you?" He asked, a look of bewilderment flashed across his face for a mere second.

You shook your head while he finished off his last mouth of toast.

"We received over a thousand application forms. The staff cut it down to a hundred for us before they were handed to us to choose the fans for filming personally. " Opening a packet of chips he munched on them noisily. "To be honest it was hard to choose 5 girls out of a hundred fans. We can't help it when banas are all so pretty."

His cheesy words made you cringe your nose in disgust. Jinyoung merely laughed at your reaction as he continued. "But Baro..." Leaning forward, he rested his chin on the palm his eyes, scrutinising your face, making you shift uncomfortably in your seat. "Maybe its your kissable lips or your huge eyes. Something about your picture must have caught his attention because he stopped choosing after he came across your application form."

Choking on your cup of apple juice, you coughed violently. Standing up from his seat, Jinyoung patted your back gently until you finally stopped coughing.

"If i were you i'd stop looking at someone else and enjoy my time with the person by my side. There's only a month left and believe me, before you know it the filming is going to end and i doubt you'll ever get a chance to be this close to us again." Bringing his empty utensils to the sink, he the tap and started to clean up.

Placing your own half eaten plate of pancake beside the sink, you swallowed, your mind unable to comprehend what he had so bluntly told you. "I.. Where is the toilet?" You asked.

Padding your way towards the toilet in Jinyoung and Baro's shared room, you headed straight towards the toilet. In a dazed state, you could barely think straight, much less hear the sound of someone shuffling around behind the closed bathroom door.

Twisting the door knob you gasped in surprise. "I-i'm sorry."

Emotionlessly, Baro stared at you from the reflection in the mirror, with one hand on the sink and another holding onto his tooth brush. You backed away but he was quicker, holding onto the door knob, he shut the door with you still in the toilet.

"What are you doing?" You stuttered. Flustered, you kept your eyes glued on your bare feet.

"Do you really like him that much?" His sudden question caught you off guard.

Your head snapped up and you immediately regretted your decision having realised how close his face was to yours. " W-what?"

 

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

It's Saturday~

Did you all watch KBS Gayo Daechukje yesterday? It was so awesome i was squealing throughout :D

Please leave lots of comments! ^^