Chapter 17

Behind The Cameras
"Thanks for sending me back home." You looked away from the television screen to see Sandeul standing by the front door with drooped shoulders and a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes. There wasn't even a need to guess what had happened. He must have gathered up his courage to confess only to have Jieun reject him.
 
"See you tomorrow." Shutting the door and kicking off her sneakers, Jieun padded into the hall, stopping at the sight in front of her. 
 
Lifting his head up from your lap, Baro murmured a hello as he waved lazily at Jieun, before laying his head back down onto your lap. Raising her brows at you, Jieun merely shot you a i-hope-you-know-what-you-are-doing look before disappearing into the kitchen.
 
A soft yawn escaped from his lips and you chuckled, running your fingers through the strands of his soft silky hair. "We should get some sleep. We still have filming tomorrow." 
 
Picking up the remote, he switched off the television, got off from the sofa and pulled you up with him. "I guess we should." He replied.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
"What are you doing?" You asked, as he fluffed up an extra pillow and placed down onto your bed. 
 
"Getting ready for bed." He replied casually as if it was absolutely normal for him to be sharing a bed with you, even though the two of you had not even been a real couple for more than 24 hours. 
 
"Not happening. Sleep on the spare mattress or get out." Stubbornly pulling him off your bed, you slipped under the covers and ignored the sad pout on his lips.
 
"Fine." Sulking, he rolled out the spare mattress and tucked himself in. "Jagi" Rolling over to his side, he held open his hand. Shifting over to the edge of your bed you dangled your hand over the bed. Smiling softly he interlocked his fingers with yours. 
 
"Are you that afraid that i'll disappear?" You asked.
 
Yawning again, he nodded. "I'm afraid to wake up and find that you've run away from me again. Gone back to your country where i can't find you." 
 
A feeling of guilt rose up in your stomach as your thumb drew circles on the back of his hand. "I'll still be here tomorrow, Sunwoo."
 
It wasn't a complete lie. A soft smile spread across his lips at the reassurance that you gave him. 
 
"Even after the filming ends you'll still be here right?" He asked.
 
With your eyes squeezed shut, he must have thought that you were asleep, for he didn't press on for the answer. Instead, you felt his fingers brushing your fringe out of the way before pressing his warm lips against your forehead.
 
When his hold on your hand had finally loosened, you cracked open an eye to look at him. His chest rose and fell evenly with every breath that he took and his soft snores filled the quiet room. Carefully pulling your hand away you quietly crept out of bed and sneaked into the hall. 
 
Sunmi had kindly set up a computer in the hall to be shared by all 5 of you so that you could all sent emails back to your families instead of having to spend extra money on international phone calls. 
 
Switching the computer on, you opened the internet browser and checked your emails. Seeing that your inbox was empty, you opened a new tab and entered another website. You were halfway finished with filling up the application form when the computer beeped softly, indicating that you had gotten a new email.
 
From: Mom
 
Hey sweetie. Its been days since you last emailed to me. Is everything okay over at Korea? When are you coming back?
 
Love,
Mom
 
Quickly finishing up the application form, you typed in a quick reply back to your mother.
 
To: Mom
 
Everything is fine. There is no need to worry for me. I'll be back as soon as the filming ends. I've just booked my plane tickets online. See you soon
 
Xoxo,
____
 
Pushing the computer screen down, you sneaked back into bed with your heart feeling 10 times heavier.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Luggage packed and ready to go, you glanced back at the emptied out room once more before shutting the door firmly behind you, keeping all the memories locked within the confined space. 
 
"Got all your things?" Coming up beside you, Eunji asked. 
 
Nodding your head, you pulled your luggage along with you as you followed Eunji to gather in the hall with the rest of the girls. Sunmi had booked a hotel close to the airport, since all of the girls including yourself came from overseas, to stay the night before leaving Seoul the next day, and all of you would be leaving the dorm right after a short debrief session.
 
"Good morning." Sunmi greeted all of you with a bright smile as if she was happy that the tedious filming was finally coming to and end. "The van is waiting downstairs to take you to the hotel. After you've dropped off your bags the boys will bring you out for one final date. At the end of the day he'll leave you at wherever he had brought you to for the date, no worries, the van will follow you to take you back to the hotel, and you are to wait there patiently till your phone rings. After that the filming will officially end, got it?" 
 
A chorus of yes filled the hall before you were all ushered out of the dorm.
 
                                                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
"Have you booked the plane tickets yet?" Throwing her duffel bag onto the king sized bed, Jieun asked. 
 
"I did it last night. We can collect it at the airport." The door bell rang and you walked over to open the door while Jieun entered the bathroom to touch up on her make-up. 
 
"Oh Sandeul-ssi" You gasped in surprise as you saw him standing outside when he was supposed to be waiting with the other boys at the hotel lobby. 
 
"I just wanted to say good bye." Holding out his arms, he pulled you into a quick friendly hug.
 
"I'll miss you." Smiling, he ruffled your hair playfully, messing it up as he did so. 
 
Swatting his hands away and soothing down your messed up hair, you laughed. "Not as much as you'll miss her." 
 
His face fell and you immediately wished that you could take back your words. "I'm sorry." You bit your lower lip but he was quick to wave off your apology. "It's okay. I still have today to try right?" 
 
As much as you admired his persistence you knew the result wouldn't be any different. After all, your best friend was a stubborn person. 
 
"I guess so." You shrugged, not wanting to lie. 
 
"I'm done. Shall we get going?" Jieun emerged from the bathroom and his face lit up instantly. Following behind them you couldn't help but feel sorry for him. He was such a sweet guy and he really deserved better than that.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
"Where do you want to go today?" Holding onto your hand, swinging your intertwined fingers back and forth, Baro asked. 
 
Heat rushed to your cheeks as a ridiculously cheesy idea popped up in your mind. "Actually, I've always wanted to try something after watching it on television." You whispered it to him and he laughed. The corner of his eyes crinkled up as he did so. 
 
"Yah, don't laugh at me!" Huffing, you pouted. 
 
Leaning in to plant a swift kiss on your lips, he nodded. "Okay. I'll do anything that you want to do jagi "
 
Your eyes rounded at the fact that he had just kissed you in front of all the camera crew, on what was possibly going to be aired on national television, though you knew very well that it would be cut out during editing to protect his image and the weak fragile hearts of his fans. But still.. 
 
And it seemed that you weren't the only one who was surprised, for it took the crew a while before they recovered from their shock and scurried to catch up with the both of you. Baro merely grinned. Not at all bothered about it.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
With up of steaming hot chocolate in hand and the star shaped lock that the both of you had chosen placed on your lap, your back leaning against his, you tapped the top of the pen against your chin thoughtfully. 
 
"No peeking!" You half shouted when you caught him glancing over your shoulder. 
 
"Fine, fine. But why are you taking so long? I'm already done with mine." Taking a sip of his coffee he waved his piece of yellow paper in the air.
 
"Don't show me what you've written either!" Squeezing your eyes tightly shut you smacked his hand away. 
 
You could feel his back vibrating as he chuckled. "Fine. But hurry up. Aren't you cold?" 
 
Humming in response you pulled off the cap cover and wrote as neatly as you could onto your piece of green paper. 
 
"Done!" Locking your messages up onto the fence, you pulled Baro away by the arm before he got to read what you had written. "You can read it another time now lets go I'm freezing." Reluctantly giving in to you he took your hand again as he led the way.
 
' I'm sorry '