Chapter 5

Behind The Cameras
"Excuse me, miss. But do you have a pass to be here?" Narrowing his eyes at you, with his arms crossed over his well built chest, the buff security guard eyed you suspiciously. It was as if you were some insane saseng fan who had sneaked into the recording studio to sneak a peak at her idol.
 
"No but i'm part of a filming team here." You replied, your voice a little shaky.
 
Nodding his head, looking the least bit amused, he grabbed you by the arm roughly. Startled, you yelped in surprised.
 
"No, wait, ahjussi, i really am here with a filming crew!" You struggled to get your arm out of his grasp.
 
Rolling his eyes, the buff guard started dragging you off towards the lift. "Nice try but i've heard better excuses. You're going to have to try harder if you want to sneak in." He scoffed.
 
His grip on you tightened when you tried, in a failed attempt, to wriggle your arm free. Despite your loud protests he single handedly dragged you into the lift with him.
 
The metal lift doors were just about to close when a hand shot in causing the lift doors to reopen. "She's with me."
 
Smiling smugly, you yanked your hand out of his grip while the guard apologised profusely.
 
"What are you doing here?" He asked curiously as the lift door closed again sending the guard away.
 
As quickly as your lips parted it closed again as a pretty red haired girl came running up to the both of you.
 
"Is everything okay? You left so suddenly i..." The red haired girl glanced over at you every now and then as she spoke to him but you weren't paying attention to a single word that she was saying.
 
Realisation hit you hard and you realised that she was the same girl whose back was facing you a moment ago. The girl he had confessed to.
 
"I.. I better get going." Ignoring how you had completely no idea where the emergency exit stairs led to, you pulled open the emergency exit door and ran down the stairs without even looking back. His voice echoed through the quiet stairway as he called out your name but you ignored him completely.
 
Your feet moved on its own, bringing you all the way back down to the ground floor. Your name left his lips again this time in a firmer tone. Finally catching up to you, he grabbed your wrist forcing you to come to a stop. A mix of emotions washed through you as you kept your eyes fixed on the ground avoiding his questioning gaze.
 
It angered you to see him looking down at you worriedly because you couldn't keep your own emotions in check. You felt disappointed by yourself for acting like a jealous girlfriend when he was never even yours to begin with.
 
Sunmi had made it clear that it was just a variety show but it seemed to have slipped your mind after having spent half a month with them.
 
"Are you- " Hastily wiping away your tears with the back of your hand you cut him off curtly, "I'm fine Sandeul-ssi. "
 
Flash. The sudden bright light blinded you temporarily and you held your hand up over your eyes. Beside you, Sandeul visibly stiffened. Neither of you had realised that you were both standing by the back door of the recording studio. Out in the open where the fans could easily spot him.
 
Flash. A couple more camera lights went off and he instinctively pulled you behind his taller frame to hide you. Cursing under his breath, he glanced around warily at the fangirls who were giving you weird looks.
 
Fishing out a pair of sunglass from his jeans pocket, he shoved it onto your face. It slipped down slightly and you hurriedly pushed it back up the bridge of your nose.
 
Slipping his hand down from your wrist to your hand, he entwined your fingers together.
 
"Just act normal." Sandeul whispered, walking as fast as he could towards the white van. Pulling out his phone, he pressed it against his ear, calling for his manager. By now, a small crowd had started to gather and fans were looking anything but pleased to see an unknown woman with their idol.
 
Lowering your head, letting your long hair cover most of your face, you struggled to keep up with his fast pace. Almost tripping over your own foot a couple of times, before the two of you had finally reached the white van.
 
A group of security guards scurried out to form a human barricade, preventing the fans from coming any closer to either of you. Sliding the van door open, his manger, face as black as charcoal, glared down at you. Cringing, you scrambled into the van with Sandeul coming up after you. Your hands trembled as you tried frustratingly to buckle your seat belt while the van pulled out of the parking lot and sped away.
 
Noticing how pale your face was, he leaned across you and buckled your seat belt for you. 
 
"Everything's going to be fine don't worry." Placing his hand over yours, he comforted. But his manager's troubled face said otherwise.
 
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
 
It's a lovely morning! How are all my lovely subscribers?? ^^
I'm going out to have an early Christmas celebration with the maternal side of my family later :D 
As you all know... Christmas day is next week~! I'll be doing updates on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day itself so do look out for it! 
It's getting colder, isn't it? Even though it doesn't snow in Singapore, it does rain a lot and that brings the temperature down a lot.
Anyway, i hope you've been enjoying my story so far. Please do leave lots of comments, upvote the story and subscribe if you haven't done so!
Lots and lots of love~!