Chapter 10

Behind The Cameras
Swiping your finger across the phone screen, you threw it onto the bed and sighed. "I think i screwed up again. I bet i've just made matters worse."
 
It had merely been a day since the peck-on-the-lips incident. While other girls giggled dreamily at the sweet or flirty text they had received , your phone remained awfully silent. The only sound you could hear was Minah flipping though a magazine noisily.
 
Not that the both of you had often texted each other, but he'd at least send the usual 'Morning' and 'Goodnight' for the sick of the cameras. Eunji's phone beeped again and she smiled to herself as she quickly typed in a reply.
 
Your frown deepened and you lifted your hands up to hide your face in embarrassment, only to have Abby slap you hard on the arm.
 
Swatting your hand away she huffed. "Yah, i'm never going to get your smoky eye makeup done if you're going to smudge it every 5 seconds."
 
Murmuring a soft apology you glanced back at your silent phone. Picking your phone up, Jieun chucked it into her pouch just as Abby finished off the final touches of your make up.
 
"Let's just get drunk. We'll go dance and enjoy the remaining time that we have left with them. Today is all about having fun, got it?" Throwing her arm around your shoulder Jieun gave you a gentle squeeze of comfort as she whisked you out of the dorm.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Abby seemed to have taken Jieun's scripted line a little too literally. Sprawled across the VIP booth's red leather couch, she was completely knocked out, with an empty bottle of whisky clutched tightly in her hand.
 
Eunji, still half sober, was singing at the top of her lungs as she staggered her way towards the drinks bar, where CNU was ordering something non alcoholic for her.
 
You and Jieun exchanged looks before bursting into laughter at how Eunji was completely oblivious to CNU's amused expression and the weird looks that she was gaining along the way.
 
Minah was probably the most sober one. She hadn't had a drop of alcohol since they entered the place, claiming she absolutely detested alcohol. Instead, she was huddled in a corner, simply talking to Gongchan happily. In fact, she wasn't even dressed for the occasion. While other girls donned revealing gowns and applied a thick layer of makeup, Minah was in plain white shirt, denim jeans and some sneakers. There wasn't even a trace of makeup on her face.
 
Looking over at Sunmi, Jieun gave her a small nod. "Shall we hit the dance floor?" Shouting over the loud pounding music, Jieun nudged you with her arm. Taking the cue to leave, you placed your drink down and slipped out of the booth.
 
The dance floor was packed with people. A little too packed for your liking but with Abby and Eunji drunk, and Minah looking less than party-material, you pitied how frustrated Sunmi was to agitate her any further by defying her.
 
Pushing your way through the crowd, your eyes scanned the sea of people in search of your ' boyfriend '. The rest of B1A4 had arrived on time for filming, but their manager had told you that Baro would be late due to his own personal schedule.
 
He had yet to show himself to you or even turn up at the club, and you briefly wondered why you had even acted the way you did in the first place. He was obviously in shock and you had no one else to blame but yourself.
 
"Hey beautiful." You shivered at the sudden hot breath that tickled your ear. His low deep voice broke you out of your train of thoughts and his hand wrapped itself around your waist.
 
Pulling yourself out of his hold, you came face to face with a complete stranger. Being cheesy obviously wasn't his strong point as he struggled to look cool while shooting you an over exaggerated wink. "Want to dance with me?" He extended his hand to you while pointing his chin towards the dance floor.
 
" I- " You were cut off as a buff guy, who appeared out of the blue, bumped into you, causing you to stumble forwards on your ridiculously thin heels. You had to wear them because they were sponsored. You landed right into the stranger's arms, looking a little less then pleased.
 
Holding onto your shoulders to help you keep your balance, he smiled smugly as if he had accomplished a great achievement.
 
"No thank you. I can't really dance." You raised your brows at him questioningly.
 
"Don't worry, i'll teach you." His hands slid down from your arm back to your waist, persistently pulling you towards the dance floor. " I don't- " You started to say, but was cut off again.
 
"She said no." A louder and firmer voice boomed from behind you.
 
A soft yelp escaped your pink lips as he roughly pulled away from the stranger. Your back bumped hard against his well built chest. There wasn't even a need to turn to see who it was.
 
His hand wrapped around your waist protectively, as if warning the stranger that you were already taken. His eyes narrowed dangerously at the stranger.
 
Even in the dimly lit club, you could see the smug look that the stranger once had fade away almost instantly.
 
"Which part of no did you not understand?" Moving in front of you he grabbed the stranger by the collar.
 
A look of panic flashed across the stranger's face and you quickly stepped in to stop things from getting out of hand. "Baro, he's just following the script. Let him go." Tugging on the sleeve of his sweater, you hissed.
 
Slowly releasing the stranger, Baro tucked his hands into his pockets while the stranger scurried behind Sunmi for protection.
 
"What?" Baro shrugged at you, as if his sudden out burst of anger was a normal thing for an idol to do out in the public.
 
Crossing your arms over your chest you glared at him. "Your an idol. Were you really going to punch him in the face? What's your problem?" You seethed angrily at how he almost just ruined his reputation and made it onto the headlines of a gossip magazine.
 
His eyes scanned you from head to toe, taking in your appearance. Suddenly feeling very subconscious you pulled down your sleeveless dress to cover more of your legs.
 
"You're my problem. Do you even know how cold it is outside?" He chided.
 
"It's sponsored. I had to wear it." You replied.
 
Slipping his hand into yours, he dragged you away from the cameras, his managers and a wide eyed Sunmi.
 
"I've already gotten into trouble once. Are you trying to get me into trouble again?" You grumbled.
 
Simply ignoring your complains, he brushed past the bouncer and led you out into the cold chilly night. He was walking so quickly that you had to half jog to keep in pace with him.
 
When he had finally slowed down to a normal walking speed you were panting slightly and your feet ached. "Don't worry they'll catch up soon enough. I just wanted a short break away from the cameras." Any more complains that you had remained on the tip of your tongue but you kept them to yourself. Sometimes you forgot that idols were humans too, and that they needed a break too.
 
A couple of semi-sober guys passed by you whistling and laughing loudly amongst themselves. Baro immediately wrapped his arm around your shoulder, pulling you close to him.
 
His glare shut the group of hormonal teenage boys up, as he muttered under his breath about how skimpy your dress was.
 
Winter was approaching and you had to agree with him that the sponsored dress was a wrong choice of attire. A cold breeze blew against your face blowing your hair in all directions. Subconsciously, you leaned in closer to him, enjoying the warmth that seeped through his sweater.
 
The both of you turned around a corner, walking aimlessly down the streets of Gangnam.
 
You frowned slightly at his arm that was still tightly wrapped around you. Glancing behind your shoulder you your lips. "The cameras haven't caught up with us yet, you know."
 
His response came in a whisper so soft , that you would have missed it, if you hadn't been leaning that close against him. "It's not for the cameras."
 
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
 
Hello! It's only been a few days of school but i'm already dying from the amount of exercise. I'm not joking. My legs hurt so much i can't walk without feeling any pain. ><
Anyway, i hope you've been enjoying the story up till now! Please leave lots of comments!!