Chapter 14

Behind The Cameras
At some point in time, you no longer knew what was scripted and what wasn't. He'd pop by your dorm whenever he liked, which was very often, and you'd bring snacks and drinks over to their dance studio even when there wasn't any filming. 
 
"Are you falling for him?" At some point in time, Jieun seemed to be constantly asking you the same question with a worried look. It was as if she could sense and see something that you yourself couldn't, and it was really starting to irritate you. Not just because it was tiring to repeat the same answer to her over and over again, but because you occasionally caught yourself hesitating, giving her question a deep thought, before answering with - though well hidden - a tinge of uncertainty in your voice. 
 
You were always very sure of yourself, always knowing what you wanted in life. It was always either a yes or a no, never a grey area. Never had you ever felt so lost before and this new feeling was starting to scare you.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
"Shall we take a break?" One of the managers that had been assigned to you, ever since the show had aired to ensure your safety from any unreasonable fans, asked as he pushed open the glass doors of a small cafe. 
 
"Yes, please." Your feet were aching from all that walking around Gangnam to find a perfect present for him for the Christmas special. You were clothed in a thick coat with a scarf wrapped around your neck and red mittens on your hands. However, you were not used to the winter weather in Korea and still shivered slightly despite being dressed for the weather. 
 
All you wanted at the moment was a place to rest your legs and warm yourself up. "Let's all take a 30 minutes break." He called out as he waved to the filming crew and immediately the red lights from the video cameras flickered off. Stepping into the cafe behind your manager, you inhaled deeply as a grin broke out on your face at the scent of freshly brewed coffee.
 
The filming crew along with your manager settled at the far corner of the cafe, while you sat yourself down near the counter facing the huge window where you could enjoy your drink and watch the snow flakes flutter down gracefully onto the pavement. Picking up your steaming hot cup of hot chocolate you blew on the surface of the drink, before taking a careful small sip. 
 
As soon as the hot liquid slipped down your throat, you shivered in delight at the way your drink warmed you up. Buried deep in your bag, your phone beeped. Still holding the cup to your lips, you fished your phone out from your bag and unlocked it. Seeing the name flashing brightly on your screen, you raised your brows. You were very sure that B1A4 was supposed to be busy recording for another variety show. That was why you and the other girls had spilt up to film alone for the pre-Christmas special. Nevertheless, you set your drink down onto the table and typed in a quick reply.
 
From Baro:
How's your shopping trip ?
 
To Baro:
Bad. I'm freezing and i haven't bought anything for you yet. Are you done filming?
 
From Baro:
Almost done. Ah guess i'll have to cheer you up then. Turn around and look outside the window
 
Frowning slightly at the screen of your phone you spun around on the wooden stool that you were seated on to see him standing outside the glass window of the cafe. Half of his face was covered up with a leopard print mask but from the way that his eyes had turned into crescent moons you knew that he was smiling at you.
 
"What are you doing here?" You mouthed to him. 
 
He merely pulled down his mask and waved at you. Pulling off a side of his glove, he breathed onto the glass window, his warm breath immediately causing the cool surface of the class to fog up. You tilted your head to aside watching curiously as he traced his long finger across the glass. When he was done, he stepped back with a massive grin on his face. 
 
You sat frozen in your seat, not knowing how to respond at all to the small little heart shape that he had drew. There wasn't even a need for you to fully know the Korean language to know the message he was trying to put across to you.
 
"Excuse me." your lips, you tore your gaze away from the window to look down at a girl who was smiling sweetly up at you. A little too sweetly. 
 
The girl who looked like she was no older than a teenager leaned forward to get a better look at your face. "Are you by any chance the unnie who got chosen as Baro oppa's girlfriend?" She asked. You cringed slightly at the term she had used to address you.
 
"Yes, I am." You replied.
 
Her smile vanished instantly and her eyes narrowed dangerously at you. "So you're that unnie huh. Do you seriously see yourself as his girlfriend?" Scoffing, she flipped her hair over her shoulders. Not even giving you a chance to speak, she blabbered on. "Why did they even pick you anyway? You're not even that special. I bet Baro oppa is just being nice to you for the cameras." 
 
Ignoring her, you glanced over you shoulder discreetly, silently relieved that he was already gone. You wouldn't want him to have to deal with this crazy fan.
 
Her question got you thinking though. She was right. You weren't special. Yet there he was, being nice to you, except the cameras weren't even around to film his sweet gesture from a moment ago. 
 
"Are you even listening to me?" Tapping you on the shoulder again, her irritated look turned serious as she stared intently at you. "Unnie , i've watched all the episodes and i know a lovestruck look when I see one. Trust me, i've been through it once myself. Are you really in love with Baro oppa?" 
 
There it was again, the awfully similar question that you were sick and tired of answering. "No. I'm not in love with him." Staring straight back at her, you didn't hesitate as you answered her.
 
"Is everything okay?" Walking up to you and standing protectively in front of you, your manager towered over her with his tall height and suddenly she didn't seem as intimidating as before. Her sweet smile was once again plastered over her face as she bowed politely to your manager.
 
"I'm just unnie's fan, that's all." She smiled. 
 
He turned to you for confirmation and you nodded slightly. 
 
"Everything is fine, oppa." You mumbled.
 
After all , there wasn't much that she could do to you no matter how crazy she was, when the cafe was filled with customers. 
 
Keeping his eyes fixed on the both of you, he walked back to his seat.
 
"Unnie, it's nice meeting you!" She chirped loudly and happily, making sure that your manager could hear her. Picking up her take away drink from the counter top, she bowed. "If i ever know that you really love him you'll be receiving your first hate letter. Hope to see you soon unnie!" She waved goodbye and skipped out of the cafe, back to her friends who were all less than pleased to see you.
 
"Shall we get going? There are still a couple for gift stores down the street." Your manager asked.
 
Drowning down you cup of already cooled down drink, you slipped off the stool and grabbed your bag. Following closely behind your manager, you forced yourself to look away from the heart shape that was still imprinted on the glass window.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Just thought that i'd give you all a little present to celerbrate the new year (: