Chapter 13

Behind The Cameras

"When did it start?" Taking the bowl of ready peeled cabbage, you held it under the running tap.

 

"After the filming at the pub." Looking around, making sure that most of the filming crew were elsewhere, Jieun unclipped the mike that was supposed to be clipped onto her pullover baby blue hoodie. "I was drunk. He kissed me and I kissed him back and it just happened. Are you mad?"

 

Shaking your head, you passed the washed bowl of cabbage to Abby who took it out of your hands without a word and headed out towards the rooftop.

 

"I'll survive." You replied, wiping your hands dry with a kitchen towel as you leaned your back against the sink. "Did you do it because you like him?" Cupping your hand over your own mike that was clipped on your red jumper, you whispered.

 

Shifting aside to let Jieun wash her hands, you watched her curiously. Taking the marinated kimchi out from the container, she started cutting it up into smaller pieces.

 

“Honestly, it was mostly because I was drunk. Don’t get me wrong I do like him too but..." Jieun set the knife down and you handed her a clean plate. "Not as much as he likes me. I just... Don’t really see the point when it’s all going to end in 3 weeks. Going through a heartbreak isn’t exactly fun you know."

 

Taking the place of kimchi from her, you nodded in understanding. "I know. Shout for me if you need help with the meat."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Most of the filming crew were up at the rooftop filming the boys, who were busy getting the place ready for the barbecue. Abby and Minah were struggling to get the campfire started while Jinyoung and Gongchan were busy starting up the fire for the barbecue.

 

Placing the plate of kimchi on the table beside the other huge variety of uncooked meat, you glanced around the rooftop. "Hey, do you mind helping me to place these few sleeping bags into the tents? I just need to run down and grab a few blankets." Eunji asked.

 

Nodding your head, you took the sleeping bag out of Eunji's hands. Saying a quick ‘thank you’, she disappeared down the stairs.

 

A total of 5 tents had been set up side by side at a corner of the roof top. It had started snowing that morning much to Sunmi's surprise. The weather forecast had obviously promised her something else.

 

She had planned for the day's filming to take place on the rooftop in a form of a romantic outdoor camp. No one complained about the weather though. Each one of them just wanted to spend as much time as they could with each other before the filming came to an end. Sunmi had promised that they would all just have to enter into the tents for the cameras and that no one had to sleep out in the cold if they didn’t want to.

 

ping one of the orange tents, you entered and yelped in surprise when someone grabbed you by the wrist, pulling you downwards. You didn’t protest though, as your head fell against his chest while he wrapped an arm over your waist.

 

The sleeping bags were sprawled all across the tent but it could wait. The extra warmth that he provided felt good against your cold cheek and you couldn’t help but want to stay in that same position for the rest of the evening.

 

"You’re sleeping while the rest are so busy? Stop being so lazy." You scolded gently.

 

Jutting out his lower lip, he huffed. "Yah, setting up 5 tents by myself isn’t exactly an easy task." He retorted.

 

"Aish oppa, you’re supposed to be cooking for the rest of us. Not eating it by yourself!" Even from inside the tent a good distance away from the barbeque pit, you could still hear Jieun's loud voice.

 

You didn’t even need to see her face to know that she was slightly irritated. Pushing yourself off the ground, you started picking up the sleeping bags. Everyone else was busy doing something and you felt bad for skiving.

 

"Jagiya." Baro called out.

 

With your hand on the zipper of the tent, you glanced over your shoulder.

 

"Aren’t you a few years younger than me?" He asked.

 

You blinked and nodded, not really knowing where the conversation was leading too. There was no doubt that your Korean still had room for improvement. But you had made sure to only drop the formalities after he had been the first one to suggest it.

 

"Shouldn’t you be calling me oppa?" He smirked.

 

Seeing how you had sat back down and was staring at him blankly, he proceeded to explain the meaning of the word. "Your country might work differently, but here in Korea girls usually call an older male who they’re close too as oppa."

 

You had watched enough Korean dramas to know the meaning of the word. There really wasn’t a need for him to explain it to you. Calling him oppa, to you, would just make you feel even more at ease around him, and you weren’t prepared for that.

 

It would be harder for you to differentiate reality and your own feelings if you were to become too close to him. He had always had that effect on you, making you feel so comfortable around him, that sometimes you would forget about the existence of the cameras, that this was all just a show to fulfil the fan's romantic fantasies. 

 

"Every other girl out there calls you oppa. If I called you oppa what difference would it make?" You asked.

 

Your lousy excuse got him thinking and he laced his fingers with yours before you could slip out of the tent. "It won’t be the same. You’re my girlfriend." His brown eyes were staring so intensely at you that you just couldn’t bring yourself to look away. And his simple words were said with so much sincerity that for a brief moment it rendered you speechless.

 

Flustered, you hurriedly pulled your hand out of his hold, not missing how your actions had made him frown slightly.

 

"I-i… The sleeping bags won’t appear in the tents themselves. See you later." ping the tent you bolted out, with your heart thudding wildly against your chest. You couldent give in to him, not when you knew that the two of you would never have a fairy tale like happy ending because it would all be over once the camera's stopped filming.

 

Heavy black heartHeavy black heartHeavy black heartHeavy black heartHeavy black heartHeavy black heartHeavy black heartHeavy black heartHeavy black heartHeavy black heartHeavy black heartHeavy black heartHeavy black heartHeavy black heartHeavy black heartHeavy black heartHeavy black heartHeavy black heartHeavy black heartHeavy black heart

The story is coming to an ending soon, 7 more chapters to go. Hope that you've all enjoyed it so far.