Chapter 3

Behind The Cameras
You could still vividly remember the look of disappointment that had flitted across his face, when you reluctantly wrapped your fingers around the bouquet of flowers and nodded with a fake smile to his proposal on the first day of filming.
 
Ever since then you had always felt a little guilty towards him.
 
Twisting the door knob, you poked your head into the small room. Baro was seated at the corner of the bedroom, with his head phones plugged in and his attention solely focused on painting every inch of the white wall with baby blue paint. He didn't even notice your presence in the room until you cleared your throat loudly.
 
"Hey." Turning around with a paint brush in his hand, Baro smiled warmly up at you.
 
You returned his greeting with an equally huge smile in hopes of making it up to him.
 
The room had all the basic things that you would need for the next two months. A single bed , a night stand , a dressing table , a full length mirror and a closet, half of which were filled with his clothes even though you knew very well that he would never be spending the night with you.
 
"Do you need help?" You pointed to the half finished wall and asked.
 
"You aren't exactly supposed to see this. The room was supposed to be done in time to welcome you but i didn't really have the time. And i felt bad for only getting you a bouquet of roses." Rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly, he admitted apologetically.
 
The other members had all gotten their girlfriends an extra gift other than flowers.
 
Jieun was inseparable from her huge white cuddly bear with a pink ribbon wrapped around its neck. Abby never once took of the infinity symboled necklace that hung on her neck. Eunji was always caught smiling dreamily at her charm bracelet. Minah was always seen going around with the same silver headband that certainly wasn't there before any filming started.
 
It seemed that everyone had gotten a gift. Everyone but you.
 
"It's okay." You said softly.
 
The room did look a lot more cozier with some colour in it rather than the normal dull white walls and it was enough for you. You didn't feel that you deserved anything more. Not after how you had treated him.
 
Snapping his fingers, his face lit up all of a sudden as he sprung up onto his feet. "Let's go shopping."
 
Holding gently onto your shoulders, he pushed you towards the open door until you were out of the room.
 
"Just give me a minute to change." Looking down at his shirt with drops of paint smudge over it, he scrunched up his face before closing the door.
 
Laughter reached your ears and looked over to see Jieun and Sandeul laughing merrily while trying to get paint onto each other's faces.
 
"Oppa, stop it ! " Jieun backed away only to have him grab her arm, pulling her closer to him.
 
"Okay, i'll stop. You just have a little paint over here..." He murmured.
 
You watched, unable to turn away, as Sandeul leaned closer and closer to a blushing Jieun.
 
"Shall we go?" Walking out of the room and standing in front of you, Baro blocked the rest of the sweet moment between the Sandeun couple. Looking up at him you nodded, more than happy to leave the dorm. "Let's go."
 
It was a wonder how no one recgonised Baro, even though all he had to hide his identity was a pair of sunglasses. You were grateful though, for the lack of attention gained. The first episode of the show had yet to be aired. For now, you and the other girls were safe and spared from the wrath of B1A4's fangirls.
 
You shuddered at the thought of having to deal with hate comments and death glares. Thinking that you were cold, Baro draped his jacket over your shoulders, gaining an approving nod from one of the filming crew.
 
The scent of his cologne mixed with a little of his shampoo calmed you down and you pulled it closer against you. It was a gesture that made his lips tug upwards, just as a particular shop sandwiched between two small eateries caught his eyes.
 
His hand brushed past yours and you waited expectantly for him to hold your hand. Instead, he held your wrist as he pulled you over to the shop.
 
You frowned slightly , unable to understand why you felt a tinge of disappointment. Holding open the glass doors of the accessories shop, he waited until you had entered before pulling a red cap off the shelve.
 
"Do i look good wearing this?" Baro asked.
 
Running your fingers across the silver bracelet that gleamed under the shop's fluorescent lights on the display stand, you shrugged. "You're an idol. You look good in anything."
 
He chuckled at how straightforward you were. "I'm sure you'll look good too. Why don't you pick one?" He asked.
 
You turned around to look at the shelves with 5 caps neatly lined into a straight row. You felt like you were choosing the paper scrolls all over again.
 
You pointed to the cap at the very end of the shelve. Taking it off the shelve for you, Baro placed it onto the counter beside his red cap. "I hope this makes up for me not getting you anything else during the proposal." He smiled. Handing the cashier some cash, he placed the cap on your head while you thanked him.
 
"Is pink your favourite colour?" He asked.
 
You thought about it for a while, your chest tightening at the memory of what you had seen that afternoon, of what things would have been like if you had chosen differently.
 
A minute later, walking out of the shop with Baro still curiously waiting for your answer, you nodded. "It is now."
 
 
 
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
 
Hey! I know i said i'd only update every week on Saturday, but since i have 11 subscribers and 1 comment i decided to post the 3rd chapter! 
 
Please subscribe and leave lots of comments! ^^