Chapter 11

Behind The Cameras
Pulling out yet another piece of tissue paper from the tissue box that you had hugged tightly against your chest, you blew into it.
 
The skimpy outfit that you had worn out to the club left you with nothing but a bad cold and a terrible cough.
 
Buttoning up the final few grey buttons of her coat, Jieun paused by the door with half of her shoes slipped on. "Are you sure you'll be okay?" She asked.
 
Fixing the red ribbon headband on her head, Abby looked at your red nose with an equally worried look as Jieun.
 
"I'll be." You coughed. "Just fine." You sneezed. "Enjoy your date." Waving as merrily as you could , despite feeling terrible, you shooed them out of the house to meet the boys who were freezing outside the door.
 
The rest of the girls, including Jieun and Abby were reprimanded that morning, before they were suddenly told to get out of the dorm and do something, anything, with the boys to make up for their lack of footage the night ago.
 
Minah and Eunji were still out on their date while Jieun and Abby had settled for a late night visit to the karaoke. It allowed Sandeul and Jinyoung some time to rest from their hectic dance practice before having to start filming again.
 
You were left all alone in the quite and lonely apartment.
 
"Just call us and i swear we will rush back home, okay?" Jieun called out over her shoulder as Sandeul led her away towards the lift.
 
"I left some chicken soup in the pot. Remember to heat it up later!" Abby shouted from inside the lift just as you closed the door shut.
 
Pulling out some more tissues, you sniffled as you blew your nose. A loud knock on the door made you sigh in irritation as you spun around,  and headed back towards the front door.
 
"Eonnie, just get going!" You stopped short at the surprised mailman who was blinking back at you in confusion at your unexpected outburst of anger.
 
"Erm miss... Can you sign here, please?" Giving you a weird look, he held out a piece of paper clipped on a blue clipboard and a black ballpoint pen.
 
Blushing slightly, you murmured a soft apology as you took the paper out of his hands and signed your signature on the dotted line. "Thank you." Taking the package from him you bowed politely before closing the door shut again.
 
Throwing all the used tissue and empty tissue box into the bin, you plopped down onto the L shaped soft. Lifting the package up, you tilted it this way and that, not having a single clue as to what was wrapped under the layers of brown wrapping paper.
 
Coughing, you curiously and carefully unwrapped the package until you spotted the word 'B1A4' peeping out from under the wrapper. " It's here." Squealing excitedly, you set it down on the empty seat beside you before dashing into your room.
 
Rummaging through your luggage bag which was now filled to the brim from all the shopping you did in Korea , you didn't stop until you found what you were looking for. Another squeal left your lips as you darted back into the hall. Ripping open the package, you took out the disc and placed it into the DVD player.
 
"Jagi." With the lightstick held in mid air you froze. You were so engrossed in shouting along loudly to the fanchant, occasionally being interrupted by a cough that you were completely oblivious to your surroundings. Not realising how he had been home for quite a few minutes.
 
He stood beside you, watching in amusement as you sang along to their hit single that had won them their first trophy.
 
"Did you miss me that much?" A smirked played on his lips as he teased you. Feeling your cheeks grow warm, you turned your attention back to the television screen where the two hour long concert DVD was still playing.
 
It was his solo stage. You were now well aware that he was leaning against the wall right beside the sofa where you were seated on, watching your reactions with huge interest. But that didn't stop the smile that slowly spread across your face as you nodded your head according to the beat of his rapping.
 
Picking up the remote, he switched off the television with a single press of the red button. Fuming, you spun around ready to yell at him when he surprised you by pulling you up towards the door.
 
Stumbling after him you frowned. "We can't go out. Not without the cameras or-"
 
Wrapping a red wooly scarf around your neck, he muffled your nagging while he zipped up your hoodie. The look in his eyes told you that he couldn't care less about the absence of the cameras or his manager.
 
Wearing his cap and sunglasses, he pulled you out of the apartment and into the lift. "Isn't it boring being home the entire day?" Taking your hand in his, he asked. 
 
The metal lift doors dinged open before you could question his sanity. It wasn't event that late, the sun had just set a few hours ago, and the streets would still be bustling about with people, some of which might even be his fans. Fans who had already watched the variety show and would be more than willing to throw anything at you if they ever spotted you out in the open.
 
"Don't worry. I've snuck out unnoticed before." He replied as he led you towards the blinking traffic light.
 
His finger poked your cheek gently as your name left his lips again. It was only then that you had realised that you had spent the entire walk staring at nothing but his big warm hand that was wrapped around yours. "Be careful and dont trip " He murmured softly.
 
You looked up to find yourself surrounded by complete darkness and only a limited amount of moonlight shining through the windows. He led you up a few flight of stairs, his hand tightening around yours whenever you were about to trip.
 
The both of you walked quietly through the eerie dark halls until he finally came to a stop in front of a particular door. The wooden door creaked open with a single twist of the door knob. His hand left yours and you panicked at the sudden lost of contact. "Baro?"
 
A low chuckle from the front of the room reassured you that he was still nearby. "Have you ever hear the acoustic version of my solo stage?"
 
You shook your head, your ears perking up at the sound of equipment being shifted around. "No, i haven't." He cleared his throat. "Well then, i hope you'll like it."
 
His eyes fluttered close as he sung his heart out. It was just his voice and no other instruments that filled your ears. Your eyes had finally adjusted to the darkness and you could see the half of his face that was visible under the moonlight.
 
Waving your light stick that you had chucked into your hoodie when he dragged you out of the house, you wondered why it had never occurred to you that although Sandeul might have been good looking and had a charming voice, Baro himself was charming in his own little ways.
 
Ways that you had yet to realise until now. There was no stopping the way that his voice made your heart flutter and when the song came to an end you were smiling so wide your gums were starting to hurt.
 
"Want to hear a new song that i recorded today?" Nodding your head enthusiastically, you sat yourself down beside him. Tucking your hair behind your ear, he plugged a side of his ear piece into your ear.
 
"Baro.. " You called and he hummed in response. "Now that you are actually talking to me. I take it that you've forgiven me. So.. Are we friends now?" You asked.
 
An unreadable expression flashed across his face before he nodded. "Friends."