Chapter 15

Behind The Cameras
The hall of the dorm was decked with ribbons and glittery stars. A Christmas tree, that was shining brightly because was the string of fairy lights that was wrapped around it's branches, was placed at a corner of the hall near the wall. A huge bowl of ginger bread man and candy canes were placed in the middle of the coffee table, in front of the television that was currently airing a Christmas movie. Christmas carols was played from a CD player as the background music and the hall was filled with laughter and giggles.
 
You were far from feeling joyful though, with the creepily sweet voice of that fan constantly echoing through your ears, haunting you even though it had been days since your unpleasant encounter with her. 
 
"Are you okay? You look sort of pale." With her wrapped up present tucked under her arm, Jieun waved her hand in front of your face. 
 
Snapping out of your daze you smiled up at her and reached over to the night stand to grab your own nicely wrapped present. "I'm fine. Let's go put these under the tree."
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Dinner was quickly over, no thanks to the boys who seem to ate as if they hadn't eaten meat in months, and soon everyone was gathered in front of the Christmas tree. Surprised gasps and delighted squeals surrounded you as the other couples tore open the wrappers to reveal their presents. 
 
You were no different. Opening the dark blue velvet box your eyes rounded in surprise at the silver metal band in it. It was nothing fancy, with no diamonds or jewels on it, but it was the simplicity of its design that made it beautiful. "Baro..." Turning around to thank him, your surprised expression soon turned into shock, at the recognition of the same blue velvet box that he was holding up on the palm of his hand. 
 
"Looks like we unintentionally got ourselves a pair of couple rings." Chuckling, his eyes sparkled in delight as he pulled the ring out of the box and slipped it onto his ring finger. His grin widened when it slipped on perfectly.
 
"Jagi..." You stared hesitantly at the open box in your hands. 
 
"Should I wear it on for you?" He shifted closer to you until your knees were touching. Before you could even respond he had taken out the ring out of its box and slipped it onto your ring finger. A smug smile formed on his lips when it fit perfectly onto your finger. 
 
"Thank you." You murmured, your eyes glued to the silver ring. Ruffling your hair with a smile still plastered on his face, he pushed himself off the floor.
 
 
Playing with the ring on your finger, you watched as he opened the fridge and poured himself a glass of water. Jieun's question repeated itself in your mind. "Are you falling for him?" Chewing on your bottom lip, you sighed. Scooting closer to Eunji, you hooked your arm through hers and rested your head on her shoulder. 
 
Wordlessly, she gave your hand a comforting squeeze. One of the many things that you liked about Eunji was that she never probed. Closing your eyes, you let another soft sigh escape your lips.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
With a blanket draped around your shoulders and clipped in place with a hair clip, you hugged your knees closer to your chest. 
 
It was still snowing outside but you figured that some fresh air from the rooftop might help you to sort out your messed up thoughts and feelings. Gazing up at the twinkling stars, you placed one hand over your heart and pouted. "It's your fault for complicating things, you know."
 
Hearing footsteps approaching you from behind, you glanced over your shoulder to see Baro coming up to you. 
 
"Its past midnight and your out here in the cold?" Dusting the snow off the bench with one hand still tucked in his jacket, he plopped down beside you.
 
"I could ask you the same thing." You retorted, raising a brow at him. 
 
"I just wanted to straighten out my thoughts." He replied.
 
You nodded, looking down at your toes, completely understanding how he felt. "What's troubling you?" You asked.
 
Playing with his fingers, he sighed. A whirl of white smoke escaping his lips as he did so. "Sometimes i wonder if i should just give up because no matter how hard i try i don't seem to be getting the response that i want and i'm running out of time." 
 
His voice was laced with so much sadness and desperation that you couldn't help but lift your head up to look at him. You swallowed hard at how close his face was to yours once you did so.
 
"I really want to know if she feels the same way as me." He said.
 
All you could feel at that moment was the eruption of butterflies that fluttered madly around in your stomach and his warm breath that fanned across your lips. "She.. The truth is, she doesn't know what she's supposed to feel." You replied. 
 
You your lips and his eyes flickered downwards for a brief moment before he looked back into your eyes. 
 
"Stop me if she doesn't feel the same." He breathed.
 
"W-what-" In the blink of an eye, his lips was on yours. His fingers tangled themselves in your long locks as he pulled you closer to him. His lips felt even softer than they looked and you kissed him back, your lips moving in sync with his until he nibbled on your lower lip. It was only then that you realised what you were doing and what he was doing to you. Eyes snapping wide open, you shoved him away from you.
 
Your heart was hammering so hard against your chest that it felt as if it was about to burst out of your ribcage at any moment. 
 
"I like him." You blurted out as realisation hit you hard. Ignoring how he was calling out to you, you hugged the blanket closer to yourself and darted back into the dorm , slamming the door right in his face. 
 
"Oh gosh. I like him." You whispered to yourself.