An Inch Apart

The Untitled Love Story

CHAPTER V: An Inch Apart

Kim Hanbin is sitting beside me. I stood up and looked everywhere.

"What? Don't tell me you're going to run again?"

I looked back at him, now I'm staring. I felt my knees weakened and shaking, my hand becoming colder. I tried not to freak out and kept my composure. I sat again, and moved a little closer making him move away.

"Maybe a lot of fans see you, they might spread unnecessary things. Is it really you, Kim Hanbin?"

I extended my hands with my pointer finger straightened, I poked his shoulder, and making sure he's real.

"What are you doing? I'm not a ghost or something. No one's gonna come over here, the other road is under construction. That way is the only direction here. So, why are you looking for me?"

I don't know why I couldn't say a thing, I just stayed quiet. The earphones are still stuck with both of our ears, then their song played. 

*Eonjae nae kkume nawatji-*

We were staring at each other. I pulled the earphone off right before the chorus part starts, without removing my sight off him. I don’t want him to remember the moment he first cried on screen. I don’t want to see him hurting again.

"I will wait for your debut, please debut soon. B.I.-ssi, I will wait for the six of you."

"I don't think it's happening."

"It will. You said it right? Your determination is like no one else, and you will get there soon. We'll push you forward."

"Are you my fan or something? Perhaps-" He moved his head to me smirking and then lifted up his two eyebrows two times! "Do you like me?"

I am heaving staring to his eyes. I think my sweat is pouring thoroughly.

"Me? Definitely yes!"

Oh gosh. Did I just say yes? He was shocked and backed off. He moved his head away from me while leaning his back to the bench, still looking at my derp face. I think my mouth was open, so open that it reached the ground. He was looking at me waiting for continuation of what I just said.

"I-I m-m-mean, I love your determination and your passion for music. That's all."

I could feel my cheeks go red. I gripped my hands that touches my knees and I looked down to the ground then I continued,

"I just missed seeing your smiles and hearing you laugh. I missed watching you on TV every Friday. It was like my routine for eleven weeks. I was there you know."

"There, where?”

"The final battle."

I stood up and took a deep breath then I looked back down do him. I gave him a warm smile.

"No matter what, I'll wait for you guys. Debut soon please...”

I turned and walked away. But he got a grip on my wrist and pulled me with him. 

"Maybe you should meet Team B members."

Hanbin's POV

Ah~ why does Bobby doesn't want to go with me at the store? I'm just gonna eat there alone? That's sad.

I put on my warm clothes and bonnet on to keep me warm. I've decided to eat instant noodles since that's what I've always ate for snacks. The cashier ahjusshi would really smile seeing me or the members buying in the store. There were sits inside the end of the store but I decided to sit outside. The usual table I'm sitting.

Ah~ so cold. I'm still waiting for the noodles to be cooked thoroughly with the hot burning water so I sat there looking far at the distance.

I can see a girl walking towards me with heavy steps. Her face was so red and she seemed not in good mood. Her eyebrows are meeting and she was talking to herself saying a lot of things while looking at the ground. Then she sat suddenly in front of me and she throws her head to the table. I held my noodles because it almost fell when she sat. Ah~ this girl.

She's talking really loud. Is she mad at the world right now? Ah, maybe something big has happened so I kept quiet and listened to her nags.

Then she stopped talking. 

"Why'd you stop? I want to hear more."

She said she was just waiting for someone who never showed up. It's someone in YG so I offered my help. She lifted her head up smiling. Wa, she's really beautiful when she's smiling. I tried to look natural and stared at her. She suddenly stood up and ran away. Did my face startle her or something?

"Yah! Where are you going?"

She ran so quickly so I needed to boost up my energy to catch up with her. She went inside the house.

"Ah, so she lived here huh? Walking distance to our Training Center."

Maybe I should just go back. While I was walking, someone came out of the door so I hid under the bushes beside the house. 

"It's her, is she running again??"

Ah really, couldn't she just walk?! I don't know why but I sneaked and followed to where she was going. She went to the Mini Stop. Now she is staring at the table. 

"Ow, she's looking for me." Haha let me just hide and look at her. 

She's now running again, and now to the Training Center. Why am I even running? I’m not in running man or something. Uh I don’t know why, I just kept on following her. She was sitting there but then she walked away too soon. I think she's now going back to her house. So I hid back to the bushes beside their house but then she kept on walking further. She just passed by her house and off to go somewhere. I followed her then saw her sitting in a far bench under the tree. She seemed really sad. She pulled her earphones and listened to something. She was staring blankly looking so far. Then suddenly a tear came out of her eye.

"Ah, just what song does make her cry?"

I started to move closer to her but she doesn't seem to notice. I decided to sit beside her and pulled one earphone and placed it to mine to hear what she’s listening to. It was Team A’s Smile Again. So, she’s also a Team A fan. I guess I can’t meet someone who believes in Team B.

Suddenly our song played. I got chills all over my body. It just reminded me about everything. Just right before the chorus starts, she pulled the earphone away. I think she doesn’t want me to hear more.

She told me that she’s waiting for us. So she’s our fan. She said that she believes in us and will support us in any means. I’m so happy to hear those words, but her look doesn’t seem right. She’s so pretty in this side-view. Her eyelashes became more obvious. She stood up and smiled, almost gave me a heart-attack.

"No matter what, I'll wait for you guys. Debut soon please...”

Now she’s walking away again. I can’t hold back and grab her wrist.

"Maybe you should meet Team B members."

Now, I’m going to introduce her to my members. I’m nervous.

~~~~~

I won't be able to update tomorrow guys so I made this chapter longer. ;)
Thank you readers, please leave a comment to motivate me! 
Hope you love this update. <3