Midnight In December

The Untitled Love Story

He grabbed me by the wrist and drag me to the cable car. I sat at the edge looking at the most beautiful evening sky. He sat beside me and watched the mesmirizing scenery with me.


"Right now, I really wanted to hold your hands."


Without looking, I crawled my hand in his and let his fist open. I ran my fingers to his palm until we were palm to palm. He was looking at our hands, I know. Then I clutched my hands in his and held it firmly.


"Hanbin-ah, your hands are really really warm." I said still looking at the sky. I made my grip tighter without any intention of letting go.


It's really late and almost 12 midnight. We were sitting still while looking at the darkness of the sky and the brightness of the city. No one was practically talking but we weren't even awkward with one another. We just sat right there, so close while clasping our hands together and rested our backs at the soft fluffy couch. I moved closer and rested my head on his shoulders feeling his long deep collarbones on my ears. I can feel the slight movement of his body shifted from upright sit to a lousy one. I was overwhelmed and touched with his simple action. He was slouching his back so that he's not too tall and so that I can rest my head comfortably on him. I can feel his grip on my hand getting tighter. I returned back and dug my head deeper right next to his neck. We were like that for a little while. I shut my eyes close and took a deep and nervous breath. I wasn’t being conscious about everything that’s happening since the day I saw him. Everything happened so fast and I was totally unaware. Or maybe I am, I just don’t want to admit to myself that dreams do come true. I faced right at him and reached for his face with my right hand. I touched his cold pinky cheeks with my palm and rubbed his upper cheek while looking intently in his dark brown eyes.

"Hanbin-ah, do you still remember the day you saw me at the Mini-stop?"

I removed my hand and put it down but my other hand is still holding his hand.

"I was looking for you." I continued, facing back to the night view. "I passed there day by day just to see a glimpse of you after the final battle. Just maybe, I'd be lucky and bump in to you. I just wanted to reassure myself that you are all still together and practicing well. But in all of those days I wasn't lucky enough to see you until that time on the Mini-stop."

"Why did you ran away? Am I scary?"

"Of course not. I was really stunned to see you that close. That was the first time I saw you since the battle. I didn't know what to do or what to say so I ran away. The moment I got home I felt I just made the biggest regret of my life so I looked back for you."


"Then at the park."

"You hugged me at the park."

"But, you hugged me back too."

"You said you'd quit."

"I did."

 

I changed the topic so that I would not remind him of his decision to quit.

 

"You were my bias among the six."

"W-why me?”


"Hah. Are you nervous? I just like tall guys."

He looked at me in disbelief.

 

"No it's because of your nose."

"Whaaat?"

"Hahaha! No really. You were great at almost everything. You're a singer, rapper, choreographer, composer."

"I just did my best to be good at them."

"You're handsome too. And I like your smile. It's melting."

I know he's blushing. He might be really shocked about the things I'm saying. But then there's no point in hiding my feelings.

"Eun Hye-ah, you k-know. Right n-now. My heart's beating so fast. I can't seem to control it anymore. You're always making me feel things I've never felt before. I don't even understand myself. The more I think about it the more it gets me crazy."


I slighty removed my sweating hand from his hand.

"No, don't let go."

His words stopped me from escaping his hands.

"Han-bin ah, what am I to you? You're really giving me the biggest fanservice an idol can do. Please don't make it harder for me."

He held my hands harder then pulled me closer to him and gave me a warm tight hug. I can hear his deep breaths on my ear. I'm having goosebumps around my neck then I dug my head on his shoulder.

"Hanbin-ah, I always feel like I'm in a whole new world everytime you hug me."

“When I saw you, at the Mini-stop wearing a Team B string bag and socks, with my name I was overwhelmed so a lot.”

“What? Am I wearing those?”

“Shh. I realized that moment that there there are still people who believes in us, who believes in me. You made me realize not to give up my dreams and keep on moving forward even though I’ll face millions of failures and trials along the way. That moment, I felt something inside that made you an important person to me.” He stopped talking for a while but continued anyway. “That day, I was thinking lot about quitting. I made up my mind and decided to just quit and continue schooling. I still don’t know, but I hope whatever my decision will be, I still can see you supporting and believing in me and in us to wherever our paths may take us.”


He pulled back then inserted his hand to the pocket of his coat. He stood from where he seated then sat behind me. He gently brushed my hair to the side. I can feel his long fingers the hair in my back. His hands were too soft everytime he touched my neck. It was slighly cold. I don't know if it's cold from the weather or he's just nervous from what he's currently doing. I can feel the hair in my nape stood up and I felt goosebumps all over my body from his every touch. He pulled out a silver necklace with a pendant of a music note. It was so shining and beautiful. Its white stones that shaped the figure of a music note looked so romantic. Then he sat back to his place then he moved his lips near my ear then slightly whispered.

"It's 12 midnight, Happy Birthday, Kim Eun Hye."

~~~~~~

Sorry for the delay. I've edited things and thought deeply on how to run the story. 
Thank you to my new subscribers and upvoterss. Saranghaeyo~ :')