Killing Me Softly

The Untitled Love Story

I blushed deeply at his sweet voice on my ear. I wrapped my hands around his neck swiftly and softly feeling everything seemed so right. My eyes were becoming teary realizing everything that has happened since the day I saw him. I felt my eyebrows meeting at the center then small drips of tears fall down. I grabbed his back coat collar into my fist and crumpled it hard.

"Kim…Han…bin."

I am burning inside. Could you please stop from being super romantic! Hugging me here, holding my hand, and making me crazy thinking that you like me! Are you like this to every girl around you? And to the YG Trainees as well? Do you make girls crazy like what you are doing to me? I am so clueless and at the same time I am super imagining things beyond the universe! I am so dying inside with these fangirling feels that has been sleeping since the day I saw him. I need an answer right now. What am I to you?!

"Hmm?”

I pulled myself out from the tight hug he was giving me. I was crying. Releasing tears out of frustration and difficulty. These could be tears of joy from the ultimate fan-service he was giving me. First, he introduced me to Team B members. He let me join dinner with them. He followed me at the park and even hugged me! He went to my school. He gave me his coat and held my hand! Be back-hugged me and brought me to the romantic place in Seoul. And now, I am in a cable car with him, holding his hand tightly. He even gave me a necklace and he was the first one to greet me at exactly midnight! He just saw me twice and he did everything at once! Am I this pretty? Oh God, stop from being over-confident Eun Hye. I know I’m average. But then, there are still a lot of amazing and beautiful girls around him, especially from the YG Trainees. Does he like me or he just needs some time to enjoy himself and play with me? I brushed the gibberish thoughts off and bring back my romantic side.

“You don’t know how precious hearing you greet me on my birthday. No one ever greeted me besides my small family and a friend. You were the first one. I don’t know what to call you. Are you a friend or a stranger? I barely even know you, besides watching you on TV.”


He lifted both ends of his lips up and smiled gently in front of my crying face. He placed his palms on both of my cheeks and cuddled my pinky cheeks with his thumb rubbing my tears away. He was looking straight into me so purely and intensely. I was hypnotized by his every touch. He started to move his head closer to mine. Inch by inch, the distance between us keeps getting closer. Without knowing I closed my eyes shut waiting for something I don't know. Afterwards, I felt a warm and soft touch on my forehead. It was a gentle kiss. His lips were too soft, I felt all emotions he wants to convey the moment his lips touched my forehead. It was everything that words couldn't even explain. It was a feeling that stopped everything around me. I can't hear the sound of car's beeping and the movement of the cable car. I was totally weakened by his kiss. It felt like the time stopped and I've just entered a whole new dimension from his kiss. He slowly pulled backward and looked at my heartfelt expression. I opened my eyes and saw him surprised from what he did. He moved a step back feeling strange about himself.

"I-I’m sorry.” He said.

Why say sorry? Was that a mistake? I swear, I’m gonna kill you for making my heart stir upside down.

 “I don’t even know why. I don’t intend to give you something on your birthday. I don’t know but the moment I saw this necklace with a pendant of music note with it, you came into my mind.”

“Maybe, your silent cheers and applause inside made you an important person to me.”

He changed the topic. He doesn’t want to talk about what he just did to me. So, he is thankful that I am Team B’s fan and I am still here waiting patiently and believing in them. I am just a friend or a fan, an important fan. But that doesn’t even matter. I can’t beg him to like me back. I’m just thankful that I can be with him like this and know him even more. It’s once in a lifetime chance to have a fan and an idol meet and be friends like this. I just need to appreciate and be happy for what I have right now. I think, being friends with Hanbin is more than enough for me. Even though, inside there’s still a glimpse of hope and long that he will return my feelings and like me back. But, oh God. It would be awesome if we end up together. But that is quite impossible.

“I’m your number one fan. But, I can also be your friend though.”

Something inside me wants to speak out and shout. What’s with the kiss-on-the-forehead? Was that a friend’s kiss or something? It wasn’t my first to be kissed in the forehead but still, I don’t know him well. He just doesn’t know how he makes me feel whenever he does these things that he seemed to be unaware of. I can’t let him off and leave me alone and not able to sleep at night thinking about the kiss. He knows I’m a fan, but isn’t this a little bit too much for fan-service? Okay, from this moment I will be a Team B fan until I die. And I even though I’m already in heaven, my soul will always be cheering on them.

“I am your fan. But, what does the kiss on the forehead means? I might misinterpret things you know, so please clarify everything before I imagine weird things that weren’t even there in the first place.”

I know, he doesn’t know what to say. He was also shocked from what he did. Maybe he was drunk or something? I bet no, he is still under-aged so he can’t do things like this.

“I think you’re something special.” He paused. “I still don’t know. I’m just happy to see you. Lighting doesn’t strike the same place twice.”

“What are you saying?”

“Let’s just stay like this. And figure things out later. Let’s just enjoy the present and don’t worry about the future.”

“I’ll suppose I am your friend. Am I now a friend or still a fan?”

“Ah~ you’re a friend of Hanbin and a fan of B.I.”

I can be his friend. I can. OMG. Fangirling inside. I am special. Special child? Just Kidding. Why am I being like this suddenly? This should be a romantic scene. Okay, stop with these thoughts and continue being serious.

“Okay! :)”

"Let's celebrate your birthday quietly."

He guided me to a small hill hidden behind the mountain where the cable car stopped. We entered into the dark garden. There were no single lights seen besides the moon's bright reflection. He lead me to the center of lonely garded and made me stood up there leaving me alone.

"Where are you going? Don't leave me in such a scary place!"


"Stay there. After a minute, look around and say the magic word."


"What magic word?"


He didn't look back and continued walking away. 


"Yah Kim Hanbin! It's too scary out here please!”


Though I've begged he still went away. I was left there standing alone, watching the lonely garden and wilted flowers. Everything was so painful and lonely. I don't even have a single clue of what the magic word is. 


"Just what is the magic word? I'm scared!"


He wasn't helping me. It was my birthday and yet he is doing this to me. I breathe deeply then shouted.

"I HATE YOU FOR EVERY CRAZY THING YOU MAKE ME FEEL. YOU MAKE MY HEART SPIN EVERYTIME YOU TOUCH ME. YOU’RE WHISPERS THAT PULLS OUT MY SOUL AND YOUR KISS THAT MAKES ME CRAZY. I HATE YOU FOR DOING THESE!"


I lowered my voice down and continued.


"But. I like you so much."

 

In a blink of an eye, I saw everything around me lit up in different colors. The flowers were all shining with lights that comes in red, blue and pink. I looked around and saw how beautiful the place is. From where I stand is an arc of Christmas lights above my head. The green trees were even greener that night. The tree at the heart of the area has lots of sticky notes on its branches and roots even in its leaves. I walked towards the magnificent tree that outshined every light around the place.


It was just so beautiful. It's a tree full of hope, love and wishes. My eyes were focused on the center. I saw a blank paper, the only one there without any words. A sudden hug from the back shaken my thoughts. A back hug with just one hug. I turned around and saw Hanbin carrying a round chocolate cake saying: "Saeng-il Chukkahae, Eun Hye - Hanbin" 

Aah. The sweetest thing on earth. It has one single pink candle on the top bringing delight to the yummy-looking cake.

I was smiling happily while looking at the cake he was holding. I bit my lips holding my tears that almost want to cry. I looked at him smiling and in the verge of tears. He was looking down at me, smiling, showing his dimples and perfect white teeth.

"Make a wish."

I closed my eyes excitingly thinking of wishes I've been longing to be granted. 

Dear God, I wish for the great success of Winner. And especially, I wish for Team B’s debut soon and that Bgolds will stay strong and wait patiently for them. I know Hanbin will pursue his dream, I hope he will find the reason to keep on moving forward and chase after his dreams.

I opened my eyes and blew the candle.

“What did you wish for?”

“Ah! If I told you my wish, it won’t come true! I’ll tell you when my wishes are already granted. Okay? ;)”

I gave him a wink and pointed in him.

“Woah, you gave me chills. Haha”

“I know I’m not cute, I’m never going to do it again so don’t worry.”

“HAHAHA! Just kidding. You look really cute.”

“You don’t have to please me Hanbin. Haha”

“No, really I’m serious.”

“I know I am. Haha. Let’s just finish off this one and go home!”

We ate the cake at the nearest restaurant with Java Chip Frappuccino.

“You like colds stuffs so much?” He asked me while my lips are still sipping the whipped cream of my drink.

“Yes, I really love them. Frappuccino’s and shakes, all sweet things. They’re addicting.”

“Well, I don’t really like sweet things. I’d rather have Espresso or Café Latte’s and Coffee’s.”

“You’re such a bitter guy. You should try some sweets too.”

“I just don’t like them, like how you dislike bitter things.”

“Well…”

I continued sipping the Frap and ate slices of cake. I think he is starting to notice how I eat a lot. Hahaha I don’t care. I love food.

“Eun Hye-shi. You are eating a lot huh.”

“I do. But I don’t gain weight so don’t worry. I can still manage my figure. HAHAHAHA”

It was past 1 AM and I can hear my phone vibrating from my pockets. I reached for my phone and saw that Mom has been calling for 20th times. I was troubled that I might get scolded since it is already very late and it’s my birthday. I slowly tapped and answered the call.

“Hello Mom?”

“Yah! Kim Eun Hye! Where have you been? I’ve been calling you for how many times and you don’t answer the phone! Are you alright? Where are you?”

“Sorry Mom, I’m eating a birthday cake, a gift from a friend. I’ll head home right after this.”

“Okay, just be careful on your way home or let your friend you home. Arraso?”

“Ara Eomma. Sorry for keeping you awake.”

“Just get home safe okay?”

“Yes Mom.”

“I love you Eun Hye ah, my only daughter.”

“I love you too Mom.”

I put my phone down and looked at Hanbin looking worried.

“Uhm, I think I should go home now.”

“Okay, I’ll walk you home.”

“No, it’s okay. I can-“

“No. I live near there you know, so let’s go home together.”

We reached my house already. I smiled at him and waved my hand then watched him as he walks away. I was still looking at the direction he was going. He was standing in front of the house beside us. I was a little bit confused. I thought that the house beside us was abandoned since I barely see someone coming in. He went in but the lights were never .  I think it’s where the members are living. Wait….

So, they all live next to our house and I wasn’t aware all these time? Uhm. Wait. There’s more. There’s a terrace on my bedroom and a glass sliding door that faces the terrace of the other house. Uhm… Who’s room is that one? Ah. Wait… Think more… I’ve been posting Team B’s posters around my room visible from afar. Could it be that they saw it? I’ve also been undressing with my curtains up since I know no one could see me. But then someone lives there. What the. But At least I wore undergarments. Oh my gosh, I just got a mental breakdown. Why didn’t he tell me that they live next to us? Aish. But, shouldn’t I be cheering and partying right now?

I quickly went to my mom’s room and saw her sleeping deeply. I kissed her forehead and whispered goodnight. I rushed through my room and jumped to my bed then buried my head to the pillow then started shouting.

“KIM HANBEEEEN IS KILLLLING MEEEEEE!”

“I like him before, and now I like him more. It’s like a sand dune that you can never get off. He keeps on pulling me deep and deep. But ah~ he said I was special. But then, I’m his friend! I don’t knooooow! I only keep on liking him more on more. Ah. My feels.”

“I SWEAR HE IS KILLING ME SOFTLY.”

I was so tired that day and fell asleep lying on my chest.

~~~~~

Thank you so much for everyone's love and support!
Your comments keeps me motivated and inspired all through out these times.
For those silent readers, I hope you reveal your thoughts and comment bellow. :)
I want to know your positive and negative comments so that I can improve the writing skills and make the story more interesting.
Tell me guys who you want Eun Hye to fall in love with?
Mino or Hanbin? :))))) 

I'd love to see your suggestions below.
This is my last update for year 2013.
I hope everyone have a happy and fun year-end celebration and welcome 
2014 with smiles in your faces. 

Advance Happy New Year to all! <3 <3 <3