Chapter 6: Relieved.

You Are My Love: Dear Diary~

they're cousins. who agrees?

 

► Relieved.

 

Chanyeol wake up from his dream about rainbows and unicorns when he heard someone’s keep calling his name and a knocked repeatedly on his front door. He sit up and shook his head to lessen his dizziness and uncomfortable feelings on his stomach. He take a glance at the wall,3.25AM. He groaned and dragged his long legs to the door. As soon as he opened it,Jongin’s face popped up. He showed a confused face when the latter gripped his shoulder.

“ Yah! Are you okay? Chanyeol-ah,please tell me you’re okay! I don’t want your parents to nag at me after this.” Jongin asked while he stood by Chanyeol’s open doorway and shook Chanyeol’s body.

“ Hey! What happened to you? I think I’m the one who should ask you that question. What makes you stand in front of my door at 3.25 in the morning? You should go back and sleep,dude.” Chanyeol answered when he’s struggling to released himself from Jongin’s grip. “ And stop shaking my body,I’m dizzy and you make me feel sick,you idiot!”

Jongin’s looked taken aback with what Chanyeol’s just asked him.

“ You asked me what makes me here? Seriously Park Chanyeol? Now,tell me,who’s the one that promise me to call as soon as he’s arrived at home?” Jongin widen his eyes in anger while he look straight into Chanyeol’s eyes.

Chanyeol looks like he remembered something and widen his eyes. He start to panicked.

“ Oh my God! I’m so sorry,Jongin! I’m totally forgot about that! I--i just went straight to my bed as soon as I take my medicine. I’m really sorry,dude!”

“ Tsk..You and your medicine..Whatever.  Thank God nothing happened to you. Now,let me in. I think I want to sleep here today. God,I’m tired.” Jongin said while he walk to the couch. “ Are you sure you’re okay? Cause I’m still remembered that you tell me earlier,your stomach hurt.”

“ Oh,I think I’m fine now.Just feel little bit uncomfortable in my stomach. I stopped at the clinic after I went back from your party. It’s just a slight food poisoning. After take my medicine,I went to sleep. Hey,why don’t you just called me? What makes you come here?”

“ I’ve already call you a thousand times,you idiot! What the hell!”

“ But…oh,! I think I left my phone in the car.” Chanyeol grabbed his car keys and went outside. He come in one minutes after that while checking his phone.

 “ I hate you,dude,seriously” Jongin said with his blank face.

“ I didn’t mean it. Sorry,again.”

“ Oh,hey !I call Baekhyun before come here. He’s the one who told me that you throw up. He must be worried now.”

“ Nah,like I’ve said,it’s food poisoning. I can’t stop that “things” from came out. So,I borrowed his bathroom. And he give me a bottle of isotonic drink. Its help,a lot.”

“ You know, I think you should called him. Tell him that you’re fine now.”

“ Me? Why me?”

“ Dude,you just make him worried you know? And you just make his bathroom smelled like vomit. You still asked me why you should called him? Stupid Dobby.  Just called him. I want to sleep. Don’t wake me up until 10 or else I will kill you,I swear.” Jongin said and he walk into guest room to sleep.

Chanyeol just left there dumbfounded. He frowned and rub his neck.

‘ Should I called him? At this time? Wait,I don’t have his number. Should I used Jongin’s phone? He’s asleep or not,huh? God,help me please!’

“ CALLED HIM,NOW!!” Jongin yelled from the guest room.

Chanyeol groaned. He takes Jongin’s phone and scrolled until he found Baekhyun’s number. He take a deep breath before touched the call button.

 


 

Baekhyun walk forth and back then he take a seat at his couch. He glance at the clock. 3.30A.M. He groaned and look at his phone for the umpteenth time. He wipe his tear that can’t stop flow since half an hour ago.

‘ Jongin,please call me! Tell me what happened.’

He want to call Kyungsoo as soon as Jongin end their conversation earlier but he didn’t want to bother his best friend. He’s sure that Kyungsoo must be tired after he help Jongin’s mother clean up after the party. So,he just seat and wait for Jongin to call him.

He’s startled when his phone vibrated. Jongin’s name flashed at the screen. He quickly answered him and bombard Jongin with a lot of question.

“ Jongin! Thank God you called me! Where are you? Did you find him? Did he answered your call? He’s fine,right? Nothing happened to him,right? Please tell me that he’s fine Jongin,please..” Baekhyun hiccup while he wipe another tears that flow at his cheek. “ Jongin?”

“ Err..Hey. It’s…me.” A deep voice answered after a second.

Silent.

“ Hello? Dwarf? Are you still there?”

‘ That voice! It’s Chanyeol! Baekhyun,breath in,breath out….’

“ ..yeah…I’m still…here. Hey.”

“ I’m using Jongin’s phone to called you because I don’t have your number. Err..I just want to tell you that..i’m fine.” Chanyeol clear his throat.

He heard a faint sniffle after that.

‘ Did he cried?’

“ Great. Jjust..great. You…you’re fine. Good. I- I’m glad you’re fine,C-chanyeol. Yeah.” Baekhyun stuttered.

Chanyeol couldn’t help the smile from spreading on his lips.

“ Yeah. Thanks for your help earlier. I really meant it. That drink helps me,a lot.”

“ Good. Err..care to share with me,what exactly happened to you?” Baekhyun take a deep breath after he asked that question.

‘ Please answer it this time. Please….’

“ I- Err..I just have a slight food poisoning. That makes my stomach hurt and I throw up. I’ve already take my medicine. Nothing serious. That’s all.”

‘ Food poisoning?’

Baekhyun frowned.

'So,this guy just have a food poisoning? But,what with the medicine that he needs to take every day? Did he having a food poisoning every day? Impossible.' 

Baekhyun just want to ask when Chanyeol stopped him.

“ There’s no need to worry,Baekhyun-ah. I’m really sure that I’m fine. I think you should go back to your sleep,right now. You sounds tired. I’ll hang up now,okay? Bye.”

Chanyeol inhale deeply. He put his right hand at his chest.

‘ What make you beats so hard,heart?’

On the other place,Baekhyun just stay still and not moving while he blink his eyes repeatedly.

‘ He called me with my real name…He called me Baekhyun…Baekhyun…..Breath Baekhyun..breath..’

 

 

 


 

 

16January 2013 ( It’s 3.30AM!!!)

Dear Diary…..

He called me!! Even though he’s using Jongin’s phone..but still,HE CALLED ME!!!!

He’s alright..it’s just a slight food poisoning. I was very relieved after hear it. But I’m still want to know about his medicine..

He..he..thanked me.

/smiling like an idiot/

And….HE CALLED ME BAEKHYUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

I repeat,BAEKHYUN..not dwarf….

For the first time..

Oh,heaven….

Oh,heaven….

OH,HEAVENNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

 


 

The sound of something broken make Jongin wake up from his deep slumber. He groaned and pull his blanket until it reached his chin. He glances at the clock at the wall,10.15AM. Well,thank God its just over 10 AM or else Chanyeol will be died today. Jongin really hate it when somebody disturb his sleep. He got up and drag his lazy legs to the kitchen. He can see Chanyeol struggle to flip something that he assume must be an egg but he’s not so sure about it. So,he come closer and take a look in shorter distance. Yeah,it’s an egg.

“ What are you doing,dude?” Jongin yawn and ask Chanyeol,who’s  give his hundred percent concentration to flip the egg.

“ Woah! You scared me! Oh,good morning. I just tried to flip this . And looks like I’m failed. How can people in the TV make it looks like it’s the easiest things to do?”

Jongin shrugged and take his seat at the counter. He just watch Chanyeol in silent until the latter cleared his throat.

“ Hey Jongin,I’ve called him last night.” Chanyeol broke the silent. “ And I’ve already thanked him.”

“ Who?”

“ Baekhyun.”

“ Oh.”

Both of them went back to the silent mode.

“ I think he like you.” Jongin said blankly as he tried to reach the mug.

“ Who?”

“ Baekhyun.”

“ Oh.”

Silent.

Chanyeol stop flip the egg and rushly(?) take a seat infront of Jongin.

“ ………………… yah! Are..are you kidding me??” He asked.

“ If I said no??”

“ I’ll kick you out from my house right now.”

Jongin looked dumbfounded but quickly shook his head.

“ Nah! Just kidding. Why? You’re hoping that its true?” He teased.

Chanyeol scoffed.

“ Hell no. I’m not interested with lovey-dovey matter. It just waste my precious time. Love is the most ridiculous thing in the world.”

Jongin just stared straight into Chanyeol’s eyes. He can saw a flash of hurt in the latter’s brown eyes.

“ Chanyeol,just forget the past. Try to open your heart again. Its no wrong to try.”

Chanyeol sighed. He rub his neck and stare at his mug.

“ I can’t. I can’t forget it,Jongin.  It’s hurt a lot when someone’s that you love so much just leave you without an explanation…he just leave me like that,even without a goodbye…and the most worst part is he choosed to be with my best friend. I-I’m still can’t forget all of that easily. I don’t want to being tied in a commitment  if me myself can’t guarantee about its happiness, I mean..our happiness. I want someone who will love me because of me myself,not my wealth or my appearance. I want him to accept me with his own desire. Accept me whether I’m healthy or  I’m sick. Its really hard to find someone like that.”

Jongin just laughed,the sound not one bit amused.

“ It’s not hard,just believe me. Chanyeol-ah,I’ve know you since we’re still kids. We’re cousin’s,you know? Cousins. So,I know you well. I know what makes you happy and what makes you sad. You know what,after Taemin leave me,tch..that brat..i hate him..I’m just same like you right now. I closed my heart. I stopped believe in love. But looks like love really likes me,I guess.” Jongin chuckled. “I met Kyungsoo. Well,he managed to make me believe in love again. He managed to make me out from my dark life,you know..like smoking… He makes me believe that everybody deserved to love somebody and being loved in this world. And now,I want you to believe it too,my friend.”

There was silence after that. Chanyeol absently play with his fingers and sighed.

  “ I can’t promise anything,Jongin. Looks like my heart still recovered from its old wound. I’m still need some time. Please,don’t pushed me.”

“ I know. I just want you to realize that not all people in this world same with your ex. Just try to forget him and start your new life. I’ll be happy if you’re happy,dude.” Jongin smiled and hurriedly changed the topic. “ Hey,are you sure you’re feeling well  today? I don’t want to go back at home with worried feeling like yesterday. What did you ate until you got food poisoning?”

“ Yeah, I’m sure. I’ve bought snack from the stall at the end of the road,the day before yesterday. And I think those snack manage to make me felt sick and throw up.” Chanyeol grinned.

“ Okay. I think I can go back,now. I will take a bath at my home. Your bathroom doesn’t look fancy as mine,haha! See you.” Jongin stood,take his car keys and exited the home.

Chanyeol sighed.

‘ Should I opened back my heart?’

 

 

a/n

sorry,i'm late. ^^

so,should he open his heart back?

ah! before i forget,purple colour means Baekhyun's p.o.v while green colour means Chanyeol's p.o.v,okay?

see you soon.

kaylie