Chapter 9: Give Up?

You Are My Love: Dear Diary~
Chanyeol,,he's damn hot!
 
►Chapter 9: Give Up?
 
 
Chanyeol came to school with confused feelings. He felt that his heart hurt when he watch Baekhyun cry yesterday. He felt that he need to protect the latter. He don’t know what makes him felt like that but he quickly convince himself that it is not love. Chanyeol already closed his heart for something that called love. He didn’t believe in love anymore. He’s already set in his mind,love is nonsense and wasting his precious time. He let out a small sigh when his brain recalled back his memory 3 years ago. His first love. He know that he was too young to fall in love but he can’t deny that fact. 
 
He moved to Malaysia when he was 8 years old. For him, he’s too young that time. He need to learn new language, he need to find new friends, he need to deal with different weather and all of that really makes him hate that country. Luckily, one of his father employee also moved to Malaysia and he have a son, who became Chanyeol’s best friend. They’re really good friend. They learned new language together until they become fluent, they manage to accept the new surrounding around them and they hang out often.
 
When he was 13 years old,his father told him that he will get new friend from his hometown. That news make him really excited. He want a lot of friend from Korea so that he will not forget about his mother language. His family barely speak in Korean. They usually use English for their conversation. 
 
The first impression when he meet his new friend was he felt that the latter was cute. He was happy when he looked at his new friend’s face. He greet the latter happily and they became best friends after that. Day by day,Chanyeol felt that he was fall for that boy. He want that boy. He want to love him. He want to take care of him. So,he confessed. And that boy accept. Just like that,it’s so simple.  
But..
 
“ CHANYEOL!!!”
Chanyeol snapped back to reality. Luhan’s voice make him shocked. 
“ Yah,stop screaming! I’ll get a heart attack,you know? And one more thing,Luhan. Stop holding my hand,we’ll looks like we’re couple. I don’t want the others to think like that,okay?”
Luhan let out a small chuckle. 
“ But I like it,Chanyeol..” He’s whining like a small kids.
“ I know my hand is the best hand in the world for you right now,but seriously Luhan,you’ll forgot this precious hand one day when you met your Mr.Right. So,just let my hand go!”
Luhan shook his head.
“ No,I want to stick with your hand until I find my real Mr.Right,not like you. Fake.”
Chanyeol widen his eyes. 
“ Yah,say who was confessed to me?”
Luhan smiled.
“ Me.”
“ So?”
“ Okay,you win. But,let me hold your hand,please…” Luhan pout.
Chanyeol rolled his eyes.
“ Stop it Chanyeol,you look like a crazy giraffe when you rolled your eyes.”
“ Shut up you,Deer!” 
Luhan tried to slap Chanyeol’s head but it’s impossible to him due to the latter’s height. Chanyeol just laughed at his childish behavior.
“ Wow..looks at this love birds,guys. So romantic..”
Chanyeol look at the source of that voice, it’s Jongin. Together with Kyungsoo, and Baekhyun.
Luhan quickly released his grip on Chanyeol’s arm and walk towards Kyungsoo and Baekhyun. He looked at Jongin and grinned.
“ We’re not birds. I’m deer and he’s giraffe.”
Chanyeol face palmed. 
‘This stupid deer..’
Baekhyun frowned.
‘ Giraffe? Deer? What is that?’
“ Oh yeah? So,you two already have a pet names?” Jongin asked Chanyeol.
‘ Oh..pet names. He’s not Giraffe,idiot! He’s my prince. P.R.I.N.C.E.’
“ What? Us? Pet names? What do you mean by pet names?” Chanyeol asked him back.
“ Deer. Giraffe. That is what we called pet names,idiot. Like what I called my Kyungsoo,baby..”
Chanyeol scoffed.
“ Are you out of your mind,Jongin? That is not a pet names. It is what we called mocking,jerk. It’s really annoying when this little deer called me giraffe,how can you called it pet names?” Chanyeol said when he tried to slap Luhan’s head with his big hand.
‘ Yeah. It sounds stupid.’
Luhan just let out a cute giggle. After that,he excused himself to go to his class. 
“ See you at lunch! Bye.” He waved his hand towards Chanyeol and mouthed ‘giraffe’. Chanyeol raise up his fist towards Luhan and the latter quickly run towards his class.
“ That kiddo..” Chanyeol smiled.
‘ He looked happy. He smiled for Luhan. Obviously, they’re happy together. I must end my feelings towards him. I can’t disturbed their relationship. I don’t want to be a third wheel. Yes,you must end all this, Baekhyun. End all this.’
“ Hey, dwarf.”
Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun and flashed him a dazzling smile that Baekhyun never seen before. The latter’s eyes widen and he shake his head repeatedly. After that,he quickly walk towards their class,with his head still shaking. Chanyeol show his confused face at Jongin and Kyungsoo after Baekhyun already lost from his sight.
“ What happen?”He asked them.
“ Hormones.” Jongin said blankly before he winced after got a pinch from Kyungsoo on his arm.
 “ Ouch! It’s hurts,baby!”
“ Serve you right. Next time,don’t forget to use your brain when talking,Jongin.” Kyungsoo said while he sent a dead glare to Jongin,who already winced for the second time that morning. Over reacting.
“ Maybe he forget to finished yesterday’s homework. Nothing to be worried about.” Kyungsoo  quickly drag Jongin inside their class with Chanyeol following at the back.
 
Baekhyun just sat at his chair without moving with his dull gaze. Chanyeol frowned. He take his seat and clear his throat,in order to catch Baekhyun’s attention but the latter didn’t give any response. So,he poked Baekhyun on his arm. Still no response for him.
 
‘ is he sleeping? But his eyes opened.’
 
Another poke at Baekhyun’s arm.
 
‘ or..he was paralyzed?’
 
Again,he poked Baekhyun’s arm.
 
‘ is he…dead?’
 
Chanyeol was about to give Baekhyun another poke but he stop when their teacher come in. Suddenly,his ears catch Baekhyun’s mumbled.
“ Don’t touch me,idiot.”
He rolled his eyes. 
 
‘ So, He’s alive?’
 
“ Tch. Hormones.”
 

 

Baekhyun tried his best to avoid Chanyeol,which is in his mind is the best way to forget the latter. So,when lunch time comes,he excuses himself by telling Kyungsoo that he want to be alone. Maybe it’s best friend instinct,Kyungsoo understand without asked anything.
 
Baekhyun make his way behind the school. He just wandering around there until he saw a very big tree at the end of the field. He quickly sat under that tree and opened his lunch box.
“ It’s really nice here. Why did I never realized that this tree are here over the years? Hey,big tree. From now on,you’ll be my best friend during lunch time,okay? I’m Baekhyun.”
He let out a small chuckle after he talk to that tree.
“ Silly me. This tree can’t speak,stupid!”
Baekhyun enjoyed his lunch there. He simply talk with that tree,sing his favourite songs and talk about everything that come to his mind. He didn’t care because nobody was there,and he swear if anyone saw him like that,they must think that he’s crazy. Who on this earth will talk to a tree and to themself apart from lunatics?
 
Meanwhile,on the café,Chanyeol flashed his confused face again when he didn’t see Baekhyun at their usual place,the table at the corner of café. 
“ Kyungsoo,where is Baekhyun? He’s not here or I am the only one who can’t see him due to his poor size?” He asked,sarcastically.
“ Ha. Ha. Ha. Really funny,Park Chanyeol. He’s not here,you idiot. He have some work to settle,I think. One more thing,don’t you dare said ‘poor size’ again. That’s not poor,okay.. That is what people called,cute. Am I right,Jongin?” Kyungsoo answered while he looked at Jongin. Jongin just nod furiously without saying anything,obviously because his mouth was full with food right now.
Chanyeol scoffed.
“ Whatever.”
 

 

23january 2013
 
Dear Diary…
 
Today,I try my best to avoid him. I don’t want to be a third wheel towards him and luhan. He looks happy. I really love it when he smile. He’s rarely smile,so when he smile,I want him to make it permanent at his face. Always at his face. That’s why I’m try hard to ended my feelings towards him.
My feelings? Well..it doesn’t matter.Looks like i have to give up.It's okay, I can manage it,don’t worry. I can survive after mom and dad leave me,so I’m sure this is nothing to me. Just like a piece of cake.
Easy.
Positive,Baekhyun.
POSITIVE.
 
Hey,you know what? I met new friend today..Err..not actually a friend,I guess. I found a very big tree at the end of school’s field. It’s really nice there and I already promise to that tree,saying that I’ll meet it every day during lunch time. I love being there. I’m free to talk. I can say anything that I want. And the most important part is,no need to meet him with Luhan again during lunch time,yeah!
 
Oh,maybe I can write new song there,right? The atmosphere there was quiet and comfortable. Maybe inspiration will come to me,who knows? 
 
Time to sleep! See you.
 

 

Baekhyun already lay on his back and closed his eyes when suddenly his phone vibrated. 
‘ Kyungsoo?’
“ Hello,Kyungsoo. What’s up?” He asked.
“ Baekhyun,sorry if I’m disturbing you.”
“ No,it’s okay. I’m not sleeping yet. Why did you called me? Something happens?”
“ Oh,I just want to ask you about today. Come here,share with me,why do  you have to be alone at lunch time?”
‘ Should I tell him? Hurm..no..no..no!’
“ You called me just to ask about that?”
“ Yeah. I know you well,Baekhyun. You will act weird if you have a problem. Now,tell me,what happen?”
“ Nothing happened,Kyung-ah. I just in my mood to write new song. So,I have to be alone. I would not be inspired to write a song where the atmosphere is noisy. That’s all.” Baekhyun grinned. Even he know that Kyungsoo can’t see it.
“ Are you sure?” Kyungsoo asked him again.
“ 100 per cent sure,Kyung-ah. You just worried for nothing. Now,go to sleep. We still have class tomorrow.”
“ Okay. I just want to make sure that nothing happened. But promise me,don’t forget to tell me if anything happens,got it?”
“ Okay Mom..” Baekhyun answered in a lazy tone.
“ Yah! I’m not your mom!” 
“ I know. So,stop nagging and go to sleep! I’ll hang up now,bye!” Baekhyun quickly ended the conversation before Kyungsoo will nag at him more. He smiled and closed his eyes back,in order to sleep.
 
 

 

Chanyeol meet his friends at school. They still have 10 minutes before the first class of the day begins. So they just talking and Chanyeol was trying to take a glimpse towards Baekhyun. Baekhyun still trying to avoid him since yesterday. It makes Chanyeol feel weird. 
‘What have I done to him?’
 He tried to open his mouth and ask Baekhyun but he stop when all of a sudden his name was called.
“ Park Chanyeol, lama tak jumpa.”
 
 
 

 

 
a/n:
I'm back!! but just for today~sad
my mom was not at home,she's outstation.
so,i use this chance to update,yeay!!
for those who didn't know what " lama tak jumpa" means,,
click here
♦kaylie