Chapter 3: Why?

You Are My Love: Dear Diary~

...so guys,is he cute? what do you think?

 

► Why?

 

“Where on earth is Baekhyun right now? He’s supposed to be here 5 minutes ago.” Kyungsoo asked Jongin with his concern face.

“ Chill babe. Miss Kim was asking for his help. He will come back soon. He’s already grown up now,don’t act like he’s still a kids babe. You just worried for nothing.” Jongin said.

“ Of course I’m worried about him. I’m sure you know about him,right? He live alone. He just have me and my family. He doesn’t have any close relative here. I love him just like he is my own brother,you know? I need to make sure that he’s happy and doesn’t feel alone.”

“ I know that. I’ve known both of you for almost three years,baby. Hey,Chanyeol also live alone here. He’s just same with Baekhyun. Talk about Chanyeol,where is he?” Jongin asked.

Kyungsoo just shrugged.

“ Hey,Kkamjong!”

“ Talk to the devil. Hey Dobby! Why do you late?” Jongin asked Chanyeol.

“ Nah,I’m from library. I need to borrow some books to catch up with subject here. Its different with what I’ve learned in Malaysia.”

Both Kyungsoo and Jongin just nodded in unison.

“ Oh,that’s Baekhyun. Glad he’s come. Baekhyun-ah! Here!” Kyungsoo yelled and waved his hand to Baekhyun.

“ Hey! Sorry,I’m late. Miss Kim just asked me to help her. Kyungsoo,what do you have for today?” Baekhyun asked while he opened his lunch box.

“ Just some sandwich. You?”

“ Same with me.”

They just ate in silent until Jongin asked Chanyeol.

“ Yah Dobby,did you take your medicine today? My mom asked me to make sure you take it on time. Or else your mom and dad will start nagging at my mom. Have you take it?”

‘ Medicine? What medicine? Did he sick? Should I ask him? Or not?’

Baekhyun look at Chanyeol and wait for him to answer. His face show that he’s concern about the latter.

“ Of course I’ve already take it. You know my mom,right? She will called me everyday and remind me not to forget about it. Oh,Kkamjong-ah,can you stop at my place today? I need your help for some stuff.”

‘Well,maybe it’s no need to ask him. It’s none of your business Baekhyun.’

“ Okay. I will come at 3PM.” Jongin answered with his mouth full of food.

“ Great.”

All of them quickly finishing their lunch and walk together to their class when the bell is ringing. Baekhyun’s mind can’t stop from think about Chanyeol. He really want to know about that. But he’s afraid if the latter will become angry  at him for buzy about other’s business.

‘ I just want to know. It’s no wrong to try,right?’

When all of them already reach to their class and take their own seat,Baekhyun try his luck by asking Chanyeol.

“ Ehem. Errr..Chanyeol,can I ask you something?”

Chanyeol just stay still in silent and showed no interested about what Baekhyun want to ask. So,Baekhyun just continue to ask about what was bothered him since lunch time.

“ About what Jongin ask you. Errr..are you sick? Why did you must take medicine every day?”

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun with the same expression he always showed and answer the latter.

“ It’s none of your business,dwarf.”

‘ Oooookkaayyyyy….none of my business. You’re really an idiot Baekhyun! Of course he wouldn’t answer that question! Aish! Why must you embarrassed yourself by asked him?’

“ I’m just asking. I don’t have any intention,just asking. Ehem. Sorry.”

Chanyeol,as usual,still ignore him and look infront until their Mathematics teacher enter their class and start teaching. At the end of the lesson,she was asking for the class attention.

“ Attention class! I want you to know that this year you have to do some project paper for certain subject. For Mathematics,I want you to finish it in group. So,all of you,please form a group which contain 3-4 members and give your group member’s name to me before end of school today,okay? Any question? No? Good. Oh,I forgot to tell you, Mr. Lee is absent today. So,I hope you can use his lesson after this to discuss about it. Now,create your own group and give your name to me. Class dismiss.”

After their teacher exited,Baekhyun go to Kyungsoo and asked him to be in his group.

“ Kyungsoo-ah…let’s form a group together. I want to be in same group with you. You want it too,right?” Baekhyun asked Kyungsoo with his puppy eyes.

“ Of course I want it. You know,if you’re not asking for it,I’m still want to be in the same group with you though. Who in earth don’t want to be in same group with best student in Math? That subject can kill me,sometimes. So,who else? Miss Cho said earlier,it must consist of 3-4 members,right? Ah! Can I take Jongin? Can I? Please…” Kyungsoo flashed Baekhyun a wide grin in his face.

Baekhyun just nodded. He doesn’t care about it. Jongin is nice,so he’s always okay with him.

“ And Chanyeol too. He’s new here. We must help him. We’re friends,right?” Kyungsoo asked again.

Baekhyun just rolled his eyes and look at Chanyeol. Of course he want it. But he don’t want to take a risk by asking the latter about that because he doesn’t want it to be like earlier.

“ Nah,I don’t know about him. Just ask him yourself. I don’t want to talk with him. He’s so annoying,I swear. Go to hell with his attitude.”

“ Oh yeah? I don’t think so. He’s nice. You  know,yesterday Jongin and I went to the café and you know what? Chanyeol’s there too. And he pay  for us. We talked about everything. About his childhood experience with Jongin,about his pets..oh! he used to keep a dog, a ferret, a cat and a goldfish when he was young. He also lived alone here. All his family stayed in Malaysia. I also think that he’s cute. Wait,it doesn’t mean that I like him,okay? I’ve already have my Jongin. Hehe. One more thing,he’s single. You have a chance,Bacon.” Kyungsoo finish his last sentence with his naughty smile at his face.

“ Are you crazy,Kyung? He’s not my type okay?” Baekhyun tried to look like he’s not care about that even he know that he’s blushing right now.

“ You’re not my type too…” A deep voice interrupted their conversation.

Baekhyun choked on his own saliva. He coughed until Kyungsoo give him a bottle of water.

‘ Oh God,please don’t do like that again! I’m too young to die,prince!’

“ Sorry,dwarf. I just said what I have to said. Err..Kyungsoo,Jongin order me to ask you about Math project. He said that he’s too lazy to walk here. So,do you already have a group?” Chanyeol asked Kyungsoo without take a glimpse at Baekhyun,who’s still recover from his cough.

Kyungsoo looked at Jongin,who just waved his hand and give a flying kiss to Kyungsoo. Both Baekhyun and Chanyeol rolled their eyes at that scene.

“ Oh,yeah! I have Baekhyun. I must be in same group with him,he’s the best in Math,you know? Wanna joined us?”

“ This crazy creature,you mean? The best in Math? Whoa,interesting.” Chanyeol said with sarcastic tone.

“ Excuse me, I didn’t mean to be proud of myself but what he said is true. I’m the best student in Math for three years at this school,okay?” Baekhyun smiled proudly for what he just said.

“ Oh yeah? Did I ask you? I’m talking to Kyungsoo right now. I’m sorry,I didn’t ask for your opinion,dwarf. Just shut your mouth.”

Baekhyun face palmed. ‘This …’

“ So,all of us in the same group,I guess? Let me give our name to Miss Cho. I’ll be back in 5 minutes.” Kyungsoo walk to Jongin and both of them exited the class hand in hand to meet Miss Cho.

“ Proud of your own,dwarf? I didn’t mean to proud of myself,but just for your information,I’m the best student in Malaysia for 5 years in row in Mathematics. So,I didn’t see any problem to become the best student here  too,I guess?”Chanyeol smirked before walk to his seat.

Baekhyun felt like he’s the most embarrassing person in this world at that time and he just stared at his sneakers with his red face until Kyungsoo come back.

“ Hey Baekhyun,are you okay?” Kyungsoo looked shocked when he asked Baekhyun.

“ Huh? Of course I’m okay. Why?”

“ Your face. It’s really..red. Did you have a fever?” Kyungsoo asked while his hand trying to touch Baekhyun’s forehead.

“ I’m fine Kyung-ah. No need to worry. Hey,let’s hangout today. I need to buy some groceries. Can you? Don’t tell me you have a date today,please?”

“ Okay. Jongin need to help Chanyeol today,so I’m free. I will pick you at 3,I guess?”

“ Great.”

Their conversation ended when their next subject teacher come in.

That evening,Kyungsoo come to Baekhyun’s house 5 minutes early. They walk together to the bus stop. After the bus arrived,both of them take their seat at the back and start their conversation.

“ Kyung-ah,when do you want to start the project? I want to finish it as soon as possible. I don’t like procrastination,you know that right?” Baekhyun asked Kyungsoo while he start jot down what he want to buy today.

“ Anytime you want,I’m okay with it. Where do you want to discuss and start doing it? Library?”

“ I don’t think so. Library just too quiet for us to discuss. Let’s do it at my place,is it okay? We can have a snack while we finish it. It will be more fun than at library,I guess. What do you think,Kyung?”

“Okay. I will tell Jongin and Chanyeol later. Oh,we’re here! Let’s go,Bacon!” Kyungsoo said while he drag Baekhyun go out from the bus. He stopped to bowed at the driver before they go out.

That best friend just wandering around the supermarket before they stopped at ice-cream section. Baekhyun looks happy. He take a lot of ice cream with a wide grin on his face. After satisfied with what he just take,he dragged Kyungsoo to chocolate and sweets section. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and shook his head after look at Baekhyun’s behavior.

“ Baekhyun-ah,you act like a kids. You already take too much ice cream and now you want a candy? It’s not good for your health. You must eat properly. I don’t want you to fall sick.”

“ But Kyung-ah,I cant endure it. I really love all this. I will die if I didn’t eat all this. You know me well,right?” Baekhyun pout.

“ Yah! Stop pout like that. I know that,but you must take care about your health too. All of this contains too much sugar. Now,enough will all this. Follow me,we will buy lots of vegetable and fruits. That’s better than all of this. Hey Baekhyun,how about today I make some cookies for you?” Kyungsoo asked.

“ Sure! I love it!”

“ Woah,no wonder you looks fat. You eat all of this alone? Hard to believe,this little dwarf can eat this much. Impressive.” A deep voice startle the bestfriends.

“ Hey,Chanyeol! What are you doing here?” Kyungsoo asked while his eyes wandering around,obviously to find Jongin. “Where’s Jongin?”

“ I’m here to buy some groceries. Jongin went to the toilet. He asked me to wait for him. I just spot this dwarf with his overload things in his trolley so I come here. You eat a lot,yea?” Chanyeol asked Baekhyun with his mischievous smile.

Baekhyun looks uncomfortable with him because it’s weird for Chanyeol to smile at him. Looks like he have something in his mind.

“ Yah! I buy all of this for this entire week,not only for today. And one more thing,I’m not fat!”

“ Well,up to you. I’m just saying from what I see. If you’re not believe me,just go and find a mirror. You look pathetic with that pants.”

Baekhyun want to argue more but suddenly Jongin come and join their conversation.

“ Hey Babe! Glad to see you here. Hey Baekhyun. Woah,looks like someone’s really hungry,I guess?” Jongin said when he take a look on Baekhyun’s trolley.

“ Kim Jongin,stop teasing him. My Baekhyun here need more food to keep him stay healthy.” Kyungsoo said while he looked at Baekhyun. His face showed  like he will cry anytime.

“ Nah,I’m just joking,dude. No need to be sad. “ Jongin smiled while he ruffled Baekhyun’s hair.

Chanyeol clear his throat and look at Jongin.

“ I guess we can go back now,Jongin. Shall we?” Chanyeol nudged at Jongin.

“ I just met my babe. How can you separate us again?” Jongin pout.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol rolled their eyes in unison.

“ Yah,Kkamjong! You can meet him tomorrow. You’re in same class though.”

“ Hey,how about you guys join us? After this,I want to make some cookies at Baekhyun’s place. Come,join us! Isn’t it,Baekhyun? They can join us,right?” Kyungsoo asked Baekhyun with his excited face.

Baekhyun sighed.

“ Errr…I guess so.”

“ Great! I cant wait to eat your cookies,babe! We will wait for you at car park,okay? Chanyeol bring his car today. Let’s go,Chanyeol!” Jongin drag Chanyeol,who look confused away from Baekhyun and Kyungsoo. Baekhyun face palmed.

‘ Somebody,help me now….’

 


 

04January 2013

Dear Diary…

You know,he came here today!! He came to my house!! Oh my god!! I’m still cant believe it!! At first, I really don’t want him to come because I’m still angry at him for calling me fat. Excuse me? I’m not fat!! Maybe I gained weight a little but I’m not fat. However,after Kyungsoo convince me that Chanyeol is nice,I just agreed and let them come to my house. Thank God he didn’t say anything that will make me mad at him again.

Jongin asked him about his medicine this morning. I really really really want to know what makes him need to take that medicine. But,you know what I get after I asked him?

“ its none of your business,dwarf.”

Dwarf. I don’t know why,I’m not angry when he called me like that. It feel like we just give each other a pet name./cough/ well,I called him prince (but only you know about that) and he called me dwarf. Hey,look! Its same like Disney,again! You know,we have a prince in Cinderella and we have a dwarf in Snow White and Seven Dwarfs! So sweet~~

One more thing,I’m in same group with him in Mathematics project! This means that I will spend more time with him (even we sit just beside each other at class,but he rarely talk to me.) I can't wait to spend more time with him! Hehehe..

See you soon,goodnight Diary~~~

 


 

a/n

hey guys~sorry,no new character in this chapter. maybe next chapter,perhaps?

♦kaylie