Chapter Seven

Behind Enemy Lines

 

 
 
Hyuna slowly looked down to her wound and Tao gasped when he saw the blood seeping through the bandages. Hyuna's eyes watered and tears fell. Tao immediately went to the first aid kit and re-bandaged her. Her vision was becoming more blurry as death continued to take over, her life ready to be severed at any moment.
 
Tao heard a loud noise and ran to the door where he saw a helicopter. He ushered some of the guys inside and they immediately surrounded Hyuna, taking care of her and helping her. They put an oxygen mask over as they cleaned out the wound. Lucky for her, they made it painless. Hyuna could feel her own heart rate slowing down but she didn't dare let death take her. 
 
Tao paced around the back of the room. He could not fail this mission. He couldn't fail Hyuna either. His mission was to protect her not to let her die. The specialists were injecting needles into her arm, giving her vitamins and keeping her hydrated. One of the specialists poked their head up and walked towards Tao. 
 
"Her wound is not deep enough to have cut anything to serious, nothing we can't just stitch up. She did lose quite the amount of blood though so she'll be kind of weak for a while. But we were thinking of giving her an X-Ray just to look at things." He said to Tao. Tao nodded. 
 
"She's going to be okay?" Tao asked. The specialist nodded.
 
"Yes. You're mission is probably going to get more difficult because she'll need to be looked after a bit more and she cannot be exposed or anything. Keep her in hiding." The specialist said. Tao nodded.
 
"Okay." Tao replied and waited for them to stitch Hyuna up. They'd numbed around her wound so Hyuna didn't feel a thing, though once it wears off she'll obviously be in a bit of pain but that won't be a problem with the help of painkillers. A lot of the specialists talked to Tao as the others X-Rayed Hyuna.
 
The one specialist frowned into the lap top computer screen. "What is it, Jihoo?" Another specialist asked, making them all look over to 'Jihoo' who held the lap top on his lap which had the picture of Hyuna's X-Ray. 
 
"Well...Um..." He squinted wanting to know what it was and then it hit him and his eyes went slightly wide. "Oh no." He mumbled.
 
"What?" Tao asked, demandingly and stepped towards Jihoo. Jihoo his lips and looked at the picture on time.
 
"Everything is fine with her. Her bones are healthy and strong but..." He trailed off for a moment and looked up at everyone who was confused and curious. "There's this metal thing in her leg. It's very small. Smaller then a penny." He said. "I think it's a...a microchip."
 
Tao looked at him surprised. "What do you mean it's a microchip?!" He asked, getting frustrated. 
 
"I mean it's a microchip." Jihoo explained. "A tracking device." Tao looked at him alarmed. "It looks like it's expanded so it'd obviously been planted in her leg when she was fairly young. Probably as old as 6 months. When she was a baby."
 
Tao looked at him angrily. "Well, take it out of her!" He demanded. Jihoo sighed and shook his head and glanced back to the screen and then back up at Tao. 
 
"I'm afraid that would be a difficult procedure, Zitao." He said. "If it was planted when she was a baby, tissue, veins, and muscles have already grown over it. It's planted in her bone as well. We could take it out of her but that is very serious. Things could go wrong in a hurry." Jihoo explained. "I'm not saying that it's impossible, I'm just saying it's dangerous. It's something you need to think about for her and even discuss it with her. If things did happen to go wrong her leg would have to be amputated." 
 
****
 
Hyuna's screams filled the room as the doctors scrambled around her, laughing. She let out more blood curdling screams as another one grabbed a knife cutting her stomach open, she screamed the loudest anyone's ever heard. "Stop!" She screeched. Another doctor grabbed a knife and began to saw her leg off with the knife. What is going on? This is so unprofessional! Tao searched for an opening but there was no door, just a thick glass and it didn't matter what he threw it at the glass, it would not break. How did the doctors even get in there? He pressed his hands against the glass and called for her as she called for him, too. The doctors continuously stabbed her with knives and sawed at her leg--the one with the chip to be exact--. Why did he agree to this? He should've never allowed the doctors to try to get the chip out of her. She cried out in pain and that's when one of the doctors turned and Tao was struck with horror. Those weren't doctors...those were....those were the people who are after her! What has he done?! Suddenly, he was no longer behind the thick glass window calling for her, he was now in the middle of a hospital hallway and there was Hyuna just across the hall from him. Doctors and nurses didn't seem to notice him or even her. She was bloody. All very bloody. Her white hospital gown was drenched in blood, she was also balling her eyes out and crying for his help but he couldn't move. It was like a force was holding him back. Her hands were bloody and blood was falling down her leg where they'd viciously tried to saw her leg off. "Tao!" She screamed one last time before she disappeared and he called out for her and looked around helplessly. 
 
 
"GAH!" Tao yelped. He swallowed hard and panted. He looked at his surroundings. He was in a bed room, then he realized he was still at the Cabin and not in a hospital. He let out a breath of relief as reality settled in. It was only a dream--a nightmare--. He wiped his sweaty face and sat up after realizing it was morning.
 
He walked down the hall and took a gulp of water. He then saw someone sitting on the chair on the back deck. He opened the door. "What are you doing!" He shrieked. Hyuna looked at him, kind of startled. 
 
"Sitting on the deck." She said. She then observed his sweaty, frightened appearance. "What happened to you?" She asked when he didn't respond she called his name, "Tao!" After that familiar call, Tao suddenly had a flashback to his dream to where Hyuna stood from him at the end of the hallway, bloody and broken, calling for him, "Tao!" She would scream. "Tao, are you okay?" Suddenly she was laughing. He frowned and suddenly someone snapping their fingers took him back into reality. He noticed he was still at the Cabin, Hyuna sitting on the deck, clean and not bloody. Not crying either. She was giggling. 
 
"What?" He breathed out. Her smile faltered when she noticed how startled and afraid he looked. 
 
"Tao, what's wrong?" She asked. He shook his head. 
 
"You should be inside." He said. "You should be resting."
 
"Jihoo said I should soak in the sun for a bit, it helps my recovery." She smiled at him.
 
"Yeah, Well, Jihoo said a lot of things, didn't he?" Tao said acidly. Hyuna looked at him. "Get inside." He ordered. Hyuna looked at the view one last time and then looked at him.
 
"Tao, come on, I just want to be out for a few minutes." Hyuna said. She loved the sun, she use to play in it all the time with her mom and sister. Sometimes even her Dad would be outside with her. 
 
"You were outside for a few minutes last time and what happened again exactly?" He snapped. She looked down and then slowly got up, careful of her stitches. Tao held the door wide open so she could go inside. "Go to bed."
 
"No." Hyuna refused. "You got me inside but I won't go to bed." She said. Tao sighed and walked into the kitchen, running his hands through his hair and blowing out a puff of air. 
 
****
COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!