Chapter Fourteen

Behind Enemy Lines

 

 
 
Tao ran his fingers through his wet hair, allowing it to hair dry. He took in a deep breath, feeling fresh. He looked around the living room. He found it slightly odd that Hyuna wasn't awake yet, normally she's always up before him. He walked to the kitchen but slowly backed up and turned towards the table where a small black device sat innocently with a white piece of paper next to it, black cursive written neatly onto it.
 
He slowly picked up the paper with arched eye brows. He slowly read over the note and the blood drained from his face. "Hyuna!" He roared and he sprinted to her room, snapping the door open. "Hyuna!" He called again, practically throwing the mattress upside down, just looking for her. He ran to the bathroom, knocking on the closed door, he got no response so he opened it. "No," He mumbled to himself in disbelief. He checked the rooms and each room that he found empty made him grow more nervous. He pulled at his own hair and raced back to the table. 
 
He examined the device very carefully. He swallowed and glanced back to the paper where his eyes scanned over the last few words, 'Listen to the tape if you dare'. Tao slowly set the device back on the table and pressed a small button and immediately the recording began to play. He stared down at the device, his heart slamming against his chest as he listened to her sobs and cries for help. It was a sickening feeling when he heard the man talking to her and threatening her. He growled in anger when hearing about what type of abuse would she like to receive. He was petrified by her screams as he listened to them torture her. His eyes blurred over with tears, which normally never happens to him on a mission. He never gets touchy about it, he just does what he has to do. 
 
The recording ended with one last echoing, heart-wrenching scream from Hyuna and then the tape was over. He frowned and sat down in the chair when realizing something. He clicked a button, rewinding the recording. His eye brows furrowed as he concentrated.
 
He caught a question, 'Want it to stop, L.Joe?' He flipped over the note and grabbed a pencil that was in a cup on the table. He wrote down the name. He hit rewind and listened carefully and then quickly wrote down the second name he heard. Minho. He held the recording device in his hand and he walked to his car. He got inside and then reached into one of is bags and pulled out a lap top. 
 
This wasn't any lap top of course, it was a specific kind. It looked like a Mac really but it was used for the confidential, busting crimes kind of thing. He typed in the name L.Joe and the name 'Byunghun' came up. He figured 'L.Joe' was a nickname so clicked on it and a list appeared on the screen. He scanned over them.
 
Park Byunghun.
 
Kim Byunghun.
 
Kum Byunghun. 
 
Lee Byunghun. 
 
Kong Byunghun. 
 
Tao ran a hand over his face. Which Byunghun was the Byunghun? He played the device over and clicked on each name as he continued his research. Somehow he got the names to come to a few finalists based on all the researching he'd done. Kong Byunghun. Park Byunghun. Lee Byunghun. 
 
He wrote the three names on the paper. He researched a few things about each. Kong Byunghun has been involved in a local business that sells woman at an auction after kidnapping them. Park Byunghun has been wanted for many years but nobody has seemed to find him, he's involved in a business deal where he kidnaps the woman, them, and then kills them if not getting what he wanted. He was definitely a suspicion to Tao. Lastly, Lee Byunghun...He owns a business on a reserve where he cruelly beats and traffic's woman for money, if not getting what he wants, just like Park Byunghun, he will kill them. He's known to have an illness such as Kleptomania. He works in a large industry with numerous men who find woman, research them before finally lashing out and going after them and bring them into the industry to traffic them. Tao circled his top 2 suspicions. Park Byunghun and Lee Byunghun. 
 
Tao continued his research and his eyes widened at the research he found. There was only one Minho. Choi Minho. "Bingo," Tao muttered to himself when discovering that this Choi Minho works along side a man by the name of Lee Byunghun plus the two have been on the run for a while, working together in crime, they're portrayed as business partners but they're often accompanied by many others. Tao wrote down the names and researched for more information. He dialled a number and sped off down the hill. Once Gikwang had answered, Tao told him the situation and took in the information that Gikwang was giving him.
 
****
 
L.Joe was whistling as he paced around the room. Hyuna held in her whimpers as tears still laid fresh in her eyes, she didn't dare to let them fall. She looked over to the door that opened. L.Joe glanced up and grin formed onto his lips. 
 
"Seungho." L.Joe walked towards him. L.Joe and 'Seungho' turned towards Hyuna. Hyuna looked between the two of them, fear written in her eyes. Seungho smirked and gently walked towards her. His rough finger glided down the side of Hyuna's face. 
 
"Is this her?" He asked, his voice was deep and rough. L.Joe nodded. "How old?"
 
"How old are you, sweetie?" L.Joe asked. Hyuna swallowed hard, she looked down and then back up. 
 
"19." She whispered. A sickening gleam lit in Seungho's eyes. Hyuna's stomach churned and she felt she was going to be sick. She bit down hard on her tongue, ignoring the pain. 
 
"19...That's perfect." He whispered. "She's beautiful, that's for sure. What's her number?"
 
"0332225487." L.Joe replied, Hyuna was surprised he could memorize so many numbers. "Number 32 wants her. She won't give out any background information. She claims to not know where the safe is or the combination."
 
"Is she lying?" He asked, looking Hyuna dead in the eye.
 
"I don't believe so..." L.Joe responded. His sickening smirk made Hyuna tremble. "That doesn't mean we can't use her...I mean...we just got her." Seungho nodded, smirking. He walked around Hyuna, running his hands along her exposed skin. 
 
"You people are sick." Hyuna murmured. They both turned to her. L.Joe raised his hand to hit her and Hyuna cringed, she was caught off guard when Seungho stopped the man.
 
"No, No...Don't hit her." He touched L.Joe's arm gently and L.Joe lowered his hand confused. "I love that...she speaks up for herself...well, sort of, her voice its...harmonizing and very...hmm...soft?" 
 
"Get up." L.Joe ordered Hyuna, grabbing her arms roughly and pulling her up. "What do you think?" He asked Seungho. Seungho scanned her body up and down. 
 
"Needs a little work. Too much clothing." Seungho mumbled. Hyuna's eyes widened as she looked at them. L.Joe nodded in agreement. Seungho walked towards the desk pulling out a knife. Hyuna gulped down the knot of fear in . He knelt down and skilfully cut around her thighs, careful not to scratch her skin. Her pant leg fell to the floor and he did the same to the other pant leg and now Hyuna was in a pair of short shorts that seemed to be too short for her liking. "Mm..." Seungho shook his head. "No, still too much." 
 
"I've got scissors." L.Joe said, handing Seungho some scissors. Seungho began to cut the shoulders of her shirt so her shoulders could be exposed, he then slit the sides so her hips came into view and he could see the hour glass figure of her. He then cut holes along the front of the shirt, leaving some threads to hold the shirt together but so her flat belly and not so y bra came into view. He noticed some stitches.
 
"And what happened here?" He asked, dragging a finger along her stitches softly. Hyuna swallowed hard, not liking the feeling at all.
 
"I got stabbed." Hyuna admitted softly. 
 
"Why?" He asked.
 
"Because they wanted the safe and its code and I don't have it." Hyuna was on the verge of tears now. She felt way too exposed. He nodded and then murmured to L.Joe a few things before the two of them wrote 87 on a piece of paper which were the last two digits of her number they'd given her.
 
"She's not exactly what I had in mind," Seungho said while L.Joe nodded. "Let's take her to the auctioning booth." 
 
****
 
COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!!
Btw, I'm a little upset and disppointed with the amount of comments I've been receiving lately. I don't mean to complain or anything, but it's really discouraging when you get such little comments. :/ I look forward to comments more than anything else to be honest. It makes me feel like I'm doing a good job and that my readers and subscribers are enjoying and liking my story, soo..yeah. :(