Chapter Three

Behind Enemy Lines

 

 
"Ugh, you know what, Woohyun?" Zico groans. "We have to go back. The stupid owner is inside." They both groaned with frustration, they turned around and headed for the building. 
 
Zico lifted Hyuna over his shoulder and set her back into the chair. She flinched as Zico roughly forced her arms behind the back of the chair as he tied her wrists tightly. She whimpered, getting rope burns was the worst! "Woohyun, tie . I don't want to listen to this ." Woohyun did as told.
 
The two circled the room as Hyuna avoided their gazes. Zico fiddled with the gun while Woohyun watched out the window, playing with a knife. Suddenly, out of nowhere came a man. He kicked Zico sending him to the ground and the gun falling at a far distance. Hyuna looked over, scared and happy at the same time. Woohyun turned around alarmed and headed for the man. The man punched Zico and then knocked Woohyun to the ground, punching him and piling them to each other. He yanked the knife from Woohyun's hand and stabbed it into his shoulder. 
 
"!" Shouted Woohyun. Zico helplessly reached for the gun. The man stepped on it and kicked it across the room. It hit the wall and it just happened to break, making the bullets come spilling out. Once he knocked out Zico and Woohyun, he rushed over to Hyuna.
 
Hyuna looked wide eyed. Why does this keeping happening to her? Is she seriously being kidnapped again? He took the rope off and cut her hands and legs out from the tight ropes. He threw her over his shoulder. "Put me down!" She cried, hitting his back with balled fists. Nothing seemed to faze him, nor did he yell at her or get mad.
 
She was pushed into the passenger side of a very nice looking Lamborghini. He shut the door and he was immediately next to her on the drivers side. She squealed when she felt his mad driving skills kick in. "Put your seatbelt on." He ordered. She decided not to argue and did as she was told. She leaned her head back on the seat, her eyes wide with fear and shock.
 
The man turned a corner sharply. Hyuna restrained the urge to shriek, she gripped the door, bracing herself. The man reached forward and opened a little compartment and took out a black wallet type thing but it was a lot thinner than a wallet. He tossed it to Hyuna making her catch it unexpectedly. "Agent Huang Zitao, but call me Tao. I work for the CIA and I was hired to rescue you and keep you safe." He explained but kept on driving--ahem--speeding through the city. Hyuna flipped open a mini flap and viewed his ID. She stared at it in shock. He really was from the CIA.
 
"What..." She was so confused now. "Why? No! Take me back home! I demand you!" She shrieked. 
 
"Sorry, Miss Kim. Your order is being declined. I have to keep you safe." He says formally. 
 
"From what!?" She shrieks. He grips the steering wheel tighter and doesn't answer her. She sighs and decides to go on, "I've been kidnapped, tied down, tossed into a van, gotten smirked at, ordered to do stuff, thrown into another vehicle...Can't I just go home now?!" 
 
"No." He says. "You're not safe at home." Hyuna sighed in distress. "The same way your father wasn't safe at home, but this time we are going to prevent that event from happening to his daughter, A.K.A you." Hyuna looked at him.
 
"What...How do you know my father?" She asks. 
 
"I don't. Look in the glove box." He says. She opens it and finds a paper and sees her picture on it with all of her information and all of her records. It had absolutely EVERYTHING on it. She gasped. 
 
"What...Where did you get this?!" She demanded. He rolled his eyes.
 
"I already told you I work for the CIA. I think you would know." He says. Hyuna shakes her head in disbelief. She puts the paper in the glove box and leans back on the seat, thinking long and hard. What the hell is going on?
 
****
Tao opened the hotel room door and allowed her to walk in first, she hesitated and then walked in. Tao shut the door and locked it which made Hyuna a little weirded out. "What is going on?"
 
"I already told you. I'm rescuing you and keeping you safe, preventing what happened to your father to happen to you." He explained. Hyuna looked at him.
 
"But...." She was at a loss for words. She knew exactly what happened to her father. "Why does that involve me?" 
 
"Because you're his daughter." Tao said. "Here sit down and I'll explain everything." She sits down at the table and Tao sits in front of her. "So...Your father had a lot of money, correct?" Hyuna nodded. "People want that money. They took your father and held him hostage to get that money that was in his safe which is hidden somewhere. Your father wouldn't tell a soul about it and once he disagreed to tell them they beat him trying to force him into telling them the way to the safe and what the code was." Hyuna was in disbelief. This happened? "Even being cruelly beaten, your father still kept his mouth shut and that's when they threatened to murder him, even with a knife held to his neck and a gun held to his head he still didn't say a thing and that's when he was murdered." 
 
"But why would they murder him? Now they'll never get the money." Hyuna said. Tao nodded and pointed at her.
 
"Aha. Yes. Now that's where you come into the story." He says, "They think because you're his eldest daughter that you possibly have the code to the safe and you know where it is and that's what I am here for. So they don't get you." 
 
"But I don't know where it is! I don't even know the code!" Hyuna exclaimed. Tao sighed and nodded.
 
"Yes. I know that. That's why I have to keep you safe or else you'll be held hostage the rest of your life and beaten or they'll just kill you on the spot." Tao said. Hyuna couldn't believe what was happening. 
 
"My Dad kept all of that money for himself, though. He didn't share it with anyone, not me, not my sister, not my mother. Just himself." Hyuna said. "Don't they know that?"
 
"Look, Hyuna. It won't matter if they know that or not. They're not going to stop looking for you until they get that money." Tao said. "I'm not sure if you really understand what I'm saying. Your life is on the line." 
 
"So basically, I have to go into hiding for the rest of my life?" Hyuna asked. 
 
"Well, it depends if the government catches them. But there's more than just Woo Jiho, A.K.A Zico , and Nam Woohyun. There's a lot more." Tao said. Hyuna put her head into her hands. 
 
"Why is this happening to me?" Hyuna groaned. She then looked up at Tao. "What about my Mom and sister?" 
 
"They're safe." Tao said. "Everyone is after you but we've got your Mother and sister on watch and protected." Hyuna nodded, at least she knew they would be okay. 
 
"So I'm stuck with you until they're gone?" Hyuna asked him. Tao nodded.
 
"Pretty much." He says. "Don't worry, I'll keep you safe." 
 
****
COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!