Chapter Four

Behind Enemy Lines

 

 
"I just want to go outside." Hyuna sighed. Tao shook his head.
 
"You can't go outside you could get hurt." Tao responded.
 
"From what?" She asked him, "A sunburn?" Tao sighed, annoyed.
 
"Hyuna, do you understand the danger your in?" Tao asked her. "Do you understand that you could go outside and anybody could hurt you or kill you on the spot. People are looking for you all over the place. You're in hiding!" 
 
"Why can't they just leave it alone?" Hyuna groaned, sitting on the hotel bed. 
 
"Because, your Dad had a lot of money in that safe and codes. Codes for many, many things. Top secret codes, he knew people in high places, Hyuna. The things he had in this world could've helped everyone. It could've made the world better or worse." He explains.
 
"Why don't they understand I don't have it?!" Hyuna shrieks. Tao sighs and runs a hand over his face.
 
"It's a little more complicated than that, Hyuna." He replies.
 
"It doesn't have to be! All they have to do is believe me!" Hyuna says through a sigh. "But they're all so damn stubborn." She grumbles. 
 
"Look. I'll get you out of this somehow and then you're life can go back to the way it was. We just need to keep you hidden somehow." Tao says. "You've got a whole team after you, Hyuna. They've got trackers, guns, knives, bombs..." Hyuna's eyes widen. He sighs. He shouldn't of told her that. "None of that will happen."
 
"And how do you know that?" 
 
He sighs. "Hyuna just listen to me. When I tell you to do something you have to do okay? I'm not trying to control you, I'm doing this for your safety. Okay?" Hyuna nods. "You can't go outside because neither of us know what's out there." Hyuna sighs and nods again. 
 
"Okay..." She finally agrees. "Why did he have that stuff?" Hyuna asked Tao confusedly. Tao shrugs.
 
"I don't know. No one knows but your Dad." Tao replied. Hyuna nodded. "But you should sleep, we need to start moving tomorrow. We can't hide out in one place forever. We have to constantly keep going."
 
"Where will we go?" She questioned curiously.
 
"We'll find out on the road." Tao said. Hyuna nodded and crawled under the blankets and her mind wandered and thought about many things. What if she dies in the end? What if they capture her? What if Tao dies and can't protect her? Why did her Dad have that safe? She shook her head and decided to sleep. 
 
***
[[Hyuna's POV]]
 
"." Tao whispers and speeds up a little. I look at him but I'm afraid to ask if anything's wrong because I know in my case many of things can be wrong. How could this happen? WHY is this happening? I'm a good person! Not in a conceited way! But I really am. I'm kind to people. Generous. Gentle. I work well in school. I help out at home. My room is clean. I do my chores. I get good grades except in math! 
 
"What?" I hear myself ask without thinking. He doesn't reply and he switches lanes, doing a shoulder check every so often. "What is it?" I ask again, urging him to tell me but I have a feeling he isn't going to tell me, in fact, I feel as if I'm invisible to him. As if he doesn't hear me at all or know I'm there. I look into one of the side mirrors and notice a black van following us. Isn't that one Zico--oh no. 
 
"Put this on." Tao finally acknowledges me and reaches into the bag of his car and gives me a big sun hat, it's so big it hides my face slightly. He then hands me a cigarette. 
 
"I don't smoke." I tell him. 
 
"You do now." He mumbles, putting on some sort of hat that looks really cute but I don't say anything. He takes off his sunglasses. Why did he do that? Is he crazy?! "They don't know what I look like without the glasses." He says, answering my internal question. I nod. He hands me a lighter. "Do it now. They're speeding up." 
 
I quickly light up the cigarette while on it and inhale the smoke. I take the cigarette away from my mouth and start coughing, smoking coming out from my mouth. I notice they're getting closer and this time there's no need to light it. So I pretend like I know how to smoke. It's a good thing I took acting class from seventh grade all the way to twelfth grade. 
 
They are driving at the same pace as Tao's car and moving closer, Tao is mumbling curses but we both pretend to act natural. "Gikwang. Gikwang." Tao repeats and I'm confused on who he is talking to, I look over and see there's a blue tooth on his ear. Oh. At least I know he's not crazy and talking to himself. "We've been tracked. They're right next to us." Pause. "Got it." Tao suddenly takes a sharp turn, catching me off guard. I inhale sharply and start choking on the smoke. I wave a hand in front of my face, feeling gross from the cigarette. This will definitely not be my habit. 
 
Tao cuts through the trees. I grip onto the door handle. "They're following." I inform him. He nods. 
 
"That won't be a problem." He says. I roll down the window and chuck out the cigarette not wanting to touch it anymore. I quickly roll my window back up. I shriek when I see we're heading for a cliff. 
 
"What are you doing?!" I cry out. He doesn't respond. I in a sharp breath when we go straight for the edge of the cliff. Zico and Woohyun aren't backing down. Suddenly, Tao does this amazing sharp turn and is driving just along side the cliff. It's still very scary but at least we didn't drive off of it. Tao turns so we're not beside the edge anymore and we're in a safe zone away from the edge. I look at the side mirror with wide eyes as I see Zico and Woohyun have driven off the cliff and are falling down. 
 
Tao lets out a breath that even I had no idea he was holding. "It worked." He mumbled to himself. He continues driving super fast and eventually he gets onto road and start driving. I don't say a word. I can't believe that happened. 
Talk about action!
 
***
 
COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! <3