Love at First Sight

Mister Perfect and Miss ert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[And then his hands skimmed up her back, making short, expert work on the pins on her hair. The buttons went next. The dress suddenly relaxed and sagged off her . He knelt…]

 

 

Sandara was lying on her stomach, so immersed in reading that she didn’t realize someone was in her room until she felt the sheet on top of her slid slowly down. She abruptly closed her book shut. And turned defensively at the new comer. She let out a relieved sigh when she saw the familiar exasperration on her bestfriend Chaerin's face

 

 

“Sandara Park! Don’t tell me you are reading those erted novels again!!!”

 

 

Sandara smiled cheekily at Chaerin and went back to her book absent-mindedly saying, “Oh it’s just you. I thought it was my mom” skimming through the page where the good parts were, “give me a second, okay? I’m at a really good scene”.

 

 

[He knelt and for an instant, bowed his head…]

 

 

The force of the book being ripped from her hands surprised her and she lets out a yelp of panic! What if it the good parts gets torn?! “Chaerin give me back my book!” Sandara exclaimed a hint of panic in her voice. Chaerin removed the small book from inside the bigger Organic Chemistry text and; to Sandara’s horror, tossed "The Devil You Knew" into the trash bin.

 

 

Sandara jumped off her bed and dug for her book. “Ooooohhh..my precious baby, Chaerin why did you do that for? I just got this yesterday!”

 

 

“Eww..." Chaerin scrunched her nose in disgust, "Sandara that came from the trash bin! If anyone knew that my best friend reads trashy romance novels, my reputation would be ruined” Chaerin sighed dramatically and plopped down on the bed. Sandara did not seem phased at all by Chaerin’s over exaggerated, not to mention repetative, reactions instead she focuses on dusting of her little y baby leafing through the pages looking for any damage the scuffle might have inflicted.

 

 

She stood up and stashed her naughty child on her ultimate secret drawer that Chaerin obviously knew, then focused on her immobile bestfriend on her bed, “Anyway, why are you here today?" She noted a strip plastered on Chae's face but she was hardly surpised, Chae always had something on her face, "And what’s up with that band-aid strip thing that you have on your nose?" She didn't really care but she asks anyway, "Why didn’t Auntie Ling informed me that you're here? I told her I’ll be studying Organic Chemistry today and wanted to be left alone.”

 

 

Chaerin chuckled “First, I do not have a band-aid on my nose it’s a biore strip to remove blackheads. I was giving myself a facial when something important came up so I came here right away. Secondly, Sandara, honey, as soon as I heard you were studying Organic Chemistry I knew what you were actually doing. I think Auntie Ling knows it too but she doesn’t want to embarrass you. And for goodness sake, you’ve been using that "Organic Chemistry" excuse since high school. Don’t you think you should use another textbook as an excuse already?!”

 

 

“That’s because I love Chemistry!” Sandara and Chaerin exclaimed at the same time. Chaerin copying Sandara's high pitched tone and facial expression. They shared a small staring match. After a few seconds, Chaerin bursts out laughing, leaving Dara pink cheeked and red eared in embarrassment.

 

“Dearest, I know you love Chemistry not because of the typical chemical reactions or what ever the hell chemistry is about... It had always been those naughty books of another sort of chemistry” She wiggles an eyebrow at Sandara.

 

Sandara lets out an awkward laugh, knowing fibbing about chemistry wasn't really neccessary. Not to Chaerin who had stuck with her like that biore strip on her blackheads. There would be no one in her life who could know her like Chae does. And much to her dismay that includes her love affair with dirty novels. In the interest of saving a little of her shame, she repeated the question: "Why are you even here?" Not that Chae needed reason, most often than not she doesn't really...

 

 

But the question lead to a rather frantic Chaerin and she snatched a newspaper on top of Dara's dresser. She hands the paper to the later. "Here."

 

"Uhmmm.... thanks?"

 

"Read!"

 

“Fine! No need to get snappy, missy! Wow, there's a 20% off at Lens Crafters! How did you know I needed new glasses? Thanks, Chaerin. You‘re the best!”

 

 

Chaerin ripped the paper from Sandara and turn it the other way “Not that doofus! This news here.” She points at an article.

 

 



Seoul’s most beautiful couple has finally called it quits after five years together.

 

Shin Min Ah, the beautiful actress for the new movie Faithful, announced yesterday at the press conference for the said movie after being questioned by numerous reporters on the whereabouts of Choi Seunghyun. According to Minah, they parted amicable about two weeks ago and asked that the reporters give them privacy during this trying time. This could explain Choi Seunghyun’s sudden need to oversee his new fitness center in Hong Kong and Minah’s eagerness to begin shooting the film. 

 

 



After reading the news, Sandara tossed the newspaper onto her bed and walked to the window where she suddenly became fascinated with a tree. “So what do you think?” Chaerin asked as she followed behind Sandara.

 

 

“What

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter