The Hard Part of Being Easy

Mister Perfect and Miss ert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They say asking someone out is like ripping a band aid off your skin.

 

You need to do it in one swift motion, without hesitation, without being scared of the pain... And after that there could only be relief that it was all over.

What Dara didn't know that this analogy covered all the bases of first dates.

That meant the asking out, as she did swift and quick!

She told Seung hyun, let's go out on Friday! Like being told no wouldn't hurt her at all. In all honesty, she thought no didn't exist at that moment. And when he agreed there was relief of immeasurable heights.

She even told him she loved him. It was, to her, being able to breathe again without the weight of an unsaid affection weighing down her heart.

It was quick and ultimately painless. It felt wonderful.

She woke up to that feeling of freedom. Like for once in her five year one-sided love she was fully 100% honest. A smile was on her lips when her eyes first opened. Ah! To love someone without restraint, without shame!

Seung hyun. The mere thought of him made her toes curl in delight. What was her dream again?

Had it been dirty?

Her cheeks fill with warmth.

No. It had been simple and innocent. They were in some field full of daffodils. There was a scent of grass. Some white butterflies flutter from flower to flower. The sun shone and filled air with yellow radiance. And he... Seung hyun stood there, in front of her, with a slight mischief in his eyes that she has never seen before. His lips curves into a playful smile. Then he hold out his hands to her, calls out in soft voice, "Do you trust me?" 

And her heart leapt at the sound of his voice, coarse and smooth all at the same time. Her Mr. Perfect perfect from the face to the tone of his voice even in her dreams that could only amplify his charms. 

"Dara... Do you trust me?" He repeats as he blinks at her.

It was a simple question, but for some reason it felt like it was a very complex inquiry... Does she trust him?

His hand extended for hers. It wasn't a yes or no question. She begins to reach out for him and the wind blows, her hair tossing with the wind. The hand she reached out for him instead held her hair to her eat. Daffodil petals dance in the air and she closed her eyes, and when she opened them again...

He was gone.

Do you trust me?

That was her dream, and she now rose from bed a little light headed. Was that a better dream than her ones, she wonders? Maybe she'd ask Chae when she gets the chance.

She found herself in their kitchen eating cereals and yogurt thinking... The difficult part is behind her. She was in love with him and he knows. They were going out on a date Friday.

What is there left to worry about?

Chae came out of her room with a green face mask she always wears after a long night out. She looks at Dara with careful eyes.

"How are you?"

Dara raises her eyes from her cereal. How was she? She was... "Wonderful." She grins.

Chae narrows her eyes, "well that is quite a switch up. Are you by any chance bipolar?"

Sandara laughs a laugh that was light and airy, "you're so funny, Chae-cat."

"Okay. Stop. You are weirding me out. The last time I saw you, you were crying and barefoot! And you were stripping before you even reached your room. Now you are all sunshine. You want to hear my professional opinion? You. Are. Insane."

Dara could only grin at her best friend. "I am crazy. Crazy in love." And she laughed borderline hysterical.


Chae just stared at her, shaking her head as she fills her bowl with cereal.

There after Dara told Chae about last night, about how Seung hyun kissed her and told her she was beautiful, about how after he apologized profusely that injured a bit of her pride, about how she blurted out her three year crush, about how panda came and announced a ghost of his past, Minah, about how after she felt incredibly stupid and heartbroken, about how after he called to check on her, to her she was cool, to tell her she was the only right thing in his world, to tell her if he had a choice he would like to be in love with her, and how she told him no, no I do not want to be your girl, because I am in love with you and I deserve no in passing feelings, but the real true thing. And how, this coming Friday, they will go out on a date.

Chae had been quiet in Dara's recount of events then when she finished, Chae laid down her spoon lightly on the table and told Dara as calmly as she could, "you ARE freaking crazy!" Which wasn't calm at all.

Chaerin stood pacing back and forth, and blurted out things... Bad things... Like being desperate, and being stupid, and something about being a doormat. And Dara's mouth hang aghast. Did she... Did she sound desperate and stupid and... Like a doormat?

"W-what do you mean?"

"Have you ever heard of the concept of hard to get?!" Chae was high pitch and scary.

"W-well yes." But Dara thought... Well Dara thoug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter