Extra-Ordinary

Mister Perfect and Miss ert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seung hyun glanced at Dara seemingly driving in the calmest demeanor while he stewed in the first date jitters. His hand starts massaging his shoulder that have this weird knot that didn't really bug him all that much. It was just that... well, he was nervous. He noticed really strange things like his palms at the edge of getting sweaty, and by that he meant like they were just about sweaty but weren't and his heart was... well his heart was telling him he was nervous.

He tries his hardest to have any inkling of what would be a good conversation, hopefully something sauve, something debonaire. Nothing. He pinches his nose in frustration. What do you talk about on dates? He prompts himself, still drawing blanks and he frustratedly berates himself about being on dates before, but those were in a haze. MinaH and him... well, they were together for so long they spoke to each other like breathing...

Ah. .

He shouldn't have thought about that.

He exhales a defeated breath and begins to massage his shoulders again.

"Are you, perhaps, tired, Mr. Choi?" Dara asks while she gives him a brief glance that told him she was worried. She was worried about him.

His chest fills with guilt for thinking about Minah. "No. No. I am just... just nervous."

He watched her light up, little playful wrinkles around her eyes splay, and settles in a somewhat satisfied grin.

"Well, I'm happy my frayed nerves pleases you.." He chides her.

"Ah no. I just never thought... Well, I never thought I'd make my Mr. Choi nervous."

My? Oh my? "My..."

"Ah! No! I don't mean it like you're mine or anything" Dara stumbles, "I just mean, like, you know, like, my dream guy..."

Seung hyun watches her cheeks bloom in to this beautiful red.

"NO! No. I... I am not talking to you." She bites her lip. "I just... I need to keeo driving."

Dream guy? Seung hyun felt his own cheeks grow warm. Dream guy? He clears his throat "Dream guy?"

"Aisht! Mr. Choi!" She whines, "I told you I am driving! This conversation is a hazzard to the driving public!"

Seung hyun chuckles, "I aplogize for being a hazard to the driving public."

She eyes him suspiciously and he gives her a soft smile, one that went straight to her heart and made all her hair stand on end. Ah no..

"But what does that being a dream guy mean?" he wonders. "I mean rhetorically speaking. Like in theory, per se." He says, his lower lip in between his fingers.

Almost immediately Dara's ears turned red at the thought of her more than PG dreams.

"Like, do you think I'm a gentleman?"

"YES!" She answers to quickly. "a gentleman, yes." Not a pirate. Or a y secret agent. No. Never that.

"I see." But in his head, he really doesn't know what that meant. A gentleman? Like someone would open doors for her? pulls seats? carry her things? That sort? He could do that, he thinks, "But... what if I am nothing like how you dreamed I would be... what if, you know, that the guy you are in love with... what if that's not me?"

And for a somber moment, Dara's fantasies leaves her be, and she glanced at him then back at the road... "Mr Choi, it's not the dream that makes the guy... it's the guy that makes the dream." She said so surely that for a moment Seung hyun felt like he has fallen and he would never get back up again.

This guy... whoever this guy Dara was in love with, that is who Seung hyun wants to be. And that... that made him even more nervous.

xxx

They end up in a mall which was lightly packed with stragglers. Seung hyun didn't really know what to think. The mall was big and a bit loud and everyone seemed to be purposefully going somewhere. Seung hyun felt kind of lost. It was just that he hadn't been to the mall in a while, after a certain point shopping became a chore that his personal assistant did for him. He had such singular taste that his shirts had similar hues, his coat the similar cut. He always liked that, the comfort of limited choices, but then... the mall, a sprawl of choices, of mistakes waiting to happen. Seung hyun felt somewhat sick, then somehow, she slips her hand in his and pulled.

"Mr. Choi!" She chirped, "look! A Lamborghini!" and on the middle of the mall sat this matte black machine staring at him like it had eyes. A rather shapely woman winked at him and asked, "Hey, pretty boy, why dontcha join the raffle for this hot ride." She raised an eyebrow at him suggestively. And again, Seung hyun felt really really lost, but then another pull.

"Yah!" His little date warned. His eyes wrinkle in delight at her bout of jealousy. How can anyone be this cute? He wonders.

"I was looking at the car." He tells her.

She frowns at him in disgust an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter